Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by one028 View Post
    I FOUND ONE A TODAY SCREEN FOR THE IPHONe!!

check out http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wor...n-lock-screen/

just installed it on my iphone 3g and it makes me want to use my iphone again...
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i returned mine because all 4-radios died and Palm would not send me a replacement without me returning the device first. i later discovered that Palm wanted to make sure the issue was not caused by water damage. had i not encountered this issue, i would have gladly kept the TreoPro. i've since moved to the Epix and, so far, i have no show-stopping complaints. here are my thoughts:

1. similar to the TreoPro, the Epix is ippery and it's a fingerprint magnet, albeit they're less noticeable (in my opinion). (for now, i'm going to use the BJII skins to make it less slippery and hide the fingerprints).
    2. i actually like using the mouse, especially when web browsing with Opera. for me, the mouse makes one-handed device navigation much easier, e.g., having direct control when selecting items menu items, clicking programs, etc vs. scrolling.
    3. With my usage pattern, Epix battery life has been better compared to my experiences with the TreoPro. i took a 1-day business trip last week - without a charger - and after 18 hours of use (6-70 emails from 4 push email accounts, 10 txts and 50 minutes of calls) i arrived home with 30% battery life remaining.
    4. all the bluetooth features are working; including call waiting
    5. i can silence calls by pressing the volume button
    6. wifi IS present and works just as good as it did on the TreoPro
    7. (while this doesn't have anything to do with phone comparisons) if i have another catastrophic device failure, i will have a replacement the same day or next day.
    8. keyboard has more spacing and i'm making much less mistakes than i did during my first week with the TP (although with time, my error rate would have dropped with the TP).
    9. wifey's discount, no contract extension and $80 cost after $100 rebate is hard to beat compared to $549 for the TP (of course this was a moot point when i decided to buy the TreoPro, lol.)

ok, there's a small tradeoff though: it's the friggin att bloatware and att's attempt to lock down settings that are normally unlocked on an unlocked device. in my opinion, both devices will serve you well if you're looking for a static QWERTY WM Pro device .
    Last edited by cortez.i; 10/26/2008 at 02:00 AM.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    how's reception compare to pro?
    Did they lock down the internet settings? I noticed they did this with the WM6.1 update on the Blackjack II.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    no issues with reception. i haven't had any dropped calls or problems making calls in my "local" fringe areas. this is not to say, that i did have problems with the TreoPro.
    cortez
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Did they lock down the internet settings? I noticed they did this with the WM6.1 update on the Blackjack II.
    they WERE locked down...they're unlocked now and i've changed the DNS sever settings to use OpenDNS servers vs att's servers.
    cortez
    So how did you accomplish that?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    registry editor... i'll use MS's Security tool to fully unlock the device soon.
    cortez
    Resco would work then? So what are the steps, please? I need to test this on the BJII also.

You may PM me if you don't want to post the steps here.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 10/26/2008 at 02:27 AM.

10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    i returned mine because all 4-radios died and Palm would not send me a replacement without me returning the device first. i later discovered that Palm wanted to make sure the issue was not caused by water damage. had i not encountered this issue, i would have gladly kept the TreoPro. i've since moved to the Epix and, so far, i have no show-stopping complaints. here are my thoughts:

1. similar to the TreoPro, the Epix is ippery and it's a fingerprint magnet, albeit they're less noticeable (in my opinion). (for now, i'm going to use the BJII skins to make it less slippery and hide the fingerprints).
    2. i actually like using the mouse, especially when web browsing with Opera. for me, the mouse makes one-handed device navigation much easier, e.g., having direct control when selecting items menu items, clicking programs, etc vs. scrolling.
    3. With my usage pattern, Epix battery life has been better compared to my experiences with the TreoPro. i took a 1-day business trip last week - without a charger - and after 18 hours of use (6-70 emails from 4 push email accounts, 10 txts and 50 minutes of calls) i arrived home with 30% battery life remaining.
    4. all the bluetooth features are working; including call waiting
    5. i can silence calls by pressing the volume button
    6. wifi IS present and works just as good as it did on the TreoPro
    7. (while this doesn't have anything to do with phone comparisons) if i have another catastrophic device failure, i will have a replacement the same day or next day.
    8. keyboard has more spacing and i'm making much less mistakes than i did during my first week with the TP (although with time, my error rate would have dropped with the TP).
    9. wifey's discount, no contract extension and $80 cost after $100 rebate is hard to beat compared to $549 for the TP (of course this was a moot point when i decided to buy the TreoPro, lol.)

ok, there's a small tradeoff though: it's the friggin att bloatware and att's attempt to lock down settings that are normally unlocked on an unlocked device. in my opinion, both devices will serve you well if you're looking for a static QWERTY WM Pro device .
    I totally agree. The Epix looked to offer a bit more function than flash. I think the Treo Pro looked better but I could see that the Epix would have made a better device. I did several test emails on the Epix typing as fast as I possibly could and didn't make a single typo! My only concern was the optical dpad. I was worried about what I would think about that type of navigation 3 months from now.

It reminded me of the joystick on the 6700. I thought the 6700 was ok at first but then 6 months later i was doing every thing I could to avoid using the joystick.
    I just got my Epix yesterday, I will be sending back my Treo Pro on Monday. The Treo looks cooler and feels more compact in the hand. The Epix is BLAZING fast compared to the Treo especially with videos. The Treo Pro BT did not work in my car which is another reason I'm getting of it.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by allklrnoflr View Post
    I just got my Epix yesterday, I will be sending back my Treo Pro on Monday. The Treo looks cooler and feels more compact in the hand. The Epix is BLAZING fast compared to the Treo especially with videos. The Treo Pro BT did not work in my car which is another reason I'm getting of it.
    I was wondering if the Epix 624 MHz processor would kick the Treo Pro's 400 MHz processor in the arse.
  13.    #73  
    If anyone else is dropping thier treo Pro and finds nothing exciting about the Epix give the iPhone a shot. I have been talking bad about the iphone ever since it came out but I'm on day 3 now and am finding it to be a pleasure!
    James..

My wife's got the iPhone and my two issues is the lack of a "today" styled home screen and a physical keypad. On the "wow" scale, the iPhone ranks up there but one in the house is enough.

The replacement Pro that I received is a noticeable improvement over the first unit I received. No mystery crashes or button re-alignment. The volume seems a little lower but not too low.

I've considered the HTC Diamond. It's smaller but has a slightly larger screen but lacks that physical keypad. The Fuze and Xperia will be an interesting two to watch but while you get a larger screen and physical keypad, you get a thicker phone.

I guess it's all about trade offs. If the Pro had the Epix's processor or the Epix had the Pro's screen or if the HTC Diamond had the Epix's keypad, etc.

One of these days someone will put it all together in one device.
    The iPhone screen is a pleasure. If my job were playing games, video viewing, internet surfing, and music playing than I'd be all set. Although I do need to visit websites sometimes, read below...

Trying to use it for business when you need loud effective alarms, contact categories, drafts, copy and paste, etc. = much frustration on my end. I got disillusioned at the lack of customization for individual needs.

If Jobs would realize that one size does NOT fit all, we'd have some progress. Generation 3 may be it. If MSFT would acknowledge that all work and no play makes for a blander device, even better, LOL! Can't seem to get a happy meduim on any phone except for Nokia Symbian phones, which do both well. I just find WM more effective for my needs.

Well Said
    The iPhone screen is a pleasure. If my job were playing games, video viewing, internet surfing, and music playing than I'd be all set. Although I do need to visit websites sometimes, read below...

Trying to use it for business when you need loud effective alarms, contact categories, drafts, copy and paste, etc. = much frustration on my end. I got disillusioned at the lack of customization for individual needs.

If Jobs would realize that one size does NOT fit all, we'd have some progress. Generation 3 may be it. If MSFT would acknowledge that all work and no play makes for a blander device, even better, LOL! Can't seem to get a happy meduim on any phone except for Nokia Symbian phones, which do both well. I just find WM more effective for my needs.
    You just as well put this post in the Palm is no Apple Thread.

I find it funny how even certain users can't figure this out. And so they run thru the forums talking trash.
    I might as well go over to apple forums and bash them!
    I often thought of moving to symbian, but then I'd have to tool up again.

I will Not be sending mine back. The 750 was the most perfect device for MY needs. And now the Pro has fit that niche.

Why do ones find it necessary to get all ticked off at a mfg?
    Go get the device you want, join their forum, and help out.

like I said; why would I go get an iPhone, get ticked at Apple, start a bunch of complaint threads, Cry Bug, put a bunch of in my posts?
  17.    #77  

I can see how it wouldn't be good for business. Itís definitely not an email machine. I pretty much use it for school. I do a lot of my homework on the college website and do a lot of research threw Google search for various classes. Absolutely each to their own. It will tide me over until something like the HTC HD makes its way to the US. Then I will truly be satisfied.
    Check out the Nokia E71 and compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Well Said

You just as well put this post in the Palm is no Apple Thread.

I find it funny how even certain users can't figure this out. And so they run thru the forums talking trash.
    I might as well go over to apple forums and bash them!
    I often thought of moving to symbian, but then I'd have to tool up again.

I will Not be sending mine back. The 750 was the most perfect device for MY needs. And now the Pro has fit that niche.

Why do ones find it necessary to get all ticked off at a mfg?
    Go get the device you want, join their forum, and help out.

like I said; why would I go get an iPhone, get ticked at Apple, start a bunch of complaint threads, Cry Bug, put a bunch of in my posts?
    Great point regarding the iphone--I am getting sick of seeing it creep up on all these threads--we get that it is a succesful device that has sold millions but it brings other things to the table and lacks some features we all want who haven chosen the Pro. As you said this is afterall a Treo Pro forum. However, I can still see people getting upset with the mfg--I mean why has Palm still not acknowledged the BT issue. I can like the TP and still bash Palm for their bone headed moves and lact of QC. Given all the BT issues they had with the 750 and car kits (and this is far worse) one would think they would actually try call waiting with a BT headset or car kit before they released it...Palm might have the best device out their for most of us in this forum but that doesn't mean they can't do better.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Is it just me or does Palm often have a BT problem? Bluetooth was reported as buggy or crippled on the 650 and I remember reading about the 750 problems. There something about Palm and BT that don't click right, LOL!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast