Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post

Any new idea?
    No,,, I'm at a loss. I could give the iphone a 30 day trial,,,,,,, Anyone else got big plans after their treo goes back?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Me also. That is my biggest problem. Here is what the average email looks like:

"Hellow, hadf the b est day. We are goin g to meet at rthe poark and thewn oin troi V anessa's for the game.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=173117

If I wasn't worried about warranty, Id' attempt to grind down the height of the space bar
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, you can count me in for sending mine back. It's not the end all be all of phones that I was looking for, especially considering the price. Next on the list is the new Samsung. From what I've read, it has a bigger battery, better keyboard, better camera, and even has LED control.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerBB View Post
    Unfortunately, you can count me in for sending mine back. It's not the end all be all of phones that I was looking for, especially considering the price. Next on the list is the new Samsung. From what I've read, it has a bigger battery, better keyboard, better camera, and even has LED control.
    The keyboard is great on the epix.

Sadly though I am typing this from my new iPhone
    The keyboard is nicer due to the spacing between keys. I Palm could have found a way to put just a smidgen of spacing between keys, it would improve greatly.

The larger battery is nice but battery life is about equal between the Pro and Epix. Keep in mind the Epix has a larger processor and probably sucks more juice. Battery life on the Pro is actually really good and seems to be getting better the more conditioned it becomes.
    A colleague of mine had a BJ 2 and it dropped calls like crazy and froze up too. He was not a techy, nor was he patient so he sent it back. Based on his experience I would not feel confident with the Epix (BJ3)--although it looks great.

Also, for what it is worth I don't have the spacebar issue. Mine seems just barely taller than the letters above it and I don't seem to hit it.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    He may have gotten a lemon, was in a bad 3G area and/or installed incompatible apps. Mine is excellent, but I also owned the first version and it froze up on some apps. I had to do a battery pull a few times. After removing the bad apps, it worked fine. This one isn't so sensitive.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    He may have gotten a lemon, was in a bad 3G area and/or installed incompatible apps. Mine is excellent, but I also owned the first version and it froze up on some apps. I had to do a battery pull a few times. After removing the bad apps, it worked fine. This one isn't so sensitive.
    2 different BJ2s, both have noticeably more dropped calls than my Tilt or Treo 750. Haven't had the Pro long enough to tell. One thing is for sure, the BJ2 was still miles better than the iPhone 3G in this regard. I'm not a fan of Samsung WM devices anymore - after 4 total blackjacks, I'm not convinced by its products.
    The keyboard is great on the epix.

Sadly though I am typing this from my new iPhone
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Don't let others on the forums convince you that the iPhone is a horrible phone. Some people just are not cut out for it. I have had zero issues with mine. 2.4 million people on AT&T this quarter can't be wrong...

Also be sure to check out www.theiphoneblog.com
    The forum members are always willing to help you out with any questions you may have.
    The iphone is a horrible phone, don't let multiple class action lawsuits dissuade you. It is a beautiful device, but a horrible phone.
    People can help you with software and hacks, they can ask you questions on how to, and how not to, no one can help with dropped calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    The iphone is a horrible phone, don't let multiple class action lawsuits dissuade you. It is a beautiful device, but a horrible phone.
    People can help you with software and hacks, they can ask you questions on how to, and how not to, no one can help with dropped calls.
    Now we all know that not EVERYONE had the bad luck you had.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    can't agree more!
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Don't let others on the forums convince you that the iPhone is a horrible phone. Some people just are not cut out for it. I have had zero issues with mine. 2.4 million people on AT&T this quarter can't be wrong...

Also be sure to check out www.theiphoneblog.com
    The forum members are always willing to help you out with any questions you may have.
    It was half the price of the treo and so far it is perfect. I have used it for 20 minutes a day, every other day for a month in the store

I have it all set up, synced all my PIM, placed all my regular needed apps on it through the extremely, extremely convenient app store and am very satisfied. I have read all the "30 reasons why iphone sucks", "10 reasons why iphone sucks".... etc... and the reasons are minor or irrelevant. Its safe to say that I wont be sending the iphone back.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    if the iphone showed appointments on the main screen i would keep mine...i like wm devices because i could pick up the phone and see my appointments without having to go into the calendar app....
    Last edited by one028; 10/24/2008 at 11:01 AM.
    Yet another reason why WM still rules, if you want to get some work done. If you want to play, the iPhone rules since WM doesn't do so well with that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It was half the price of the treo and so far it is perfect. I have used it for 20 minutes a day, every other day for a month in the store

I have it all set up, synced all my PIM, placed all my regular needed apps on it through the extremely, extremely convenient app store and am very satisfied. I have read all the "30 reasons why iphone sucks", "10 reasons why iphone sucks".... etc... and the reasons are minor or irrelevant. Its safe to say that I wont be sending the iphone back.
    Irrelevant and minor reason is a understatement! It's funny actually. No mms? Use email, get over it. Email is better anyways. No copy and paste? It's coming, have some patience - is there a single device that is perfect out of the box? NO! I could keep going... I'm learning to just ignore people like that. I totally get why people on this forum or any BB forum would hate the iPhone. They own a different phone that is not nearly as successful as the iPhone.

And yes I own a Treo Pro, is it perfect? By a long shot no it is not. Do I bash it on the iPhone forums I go to? Not at all. Not my style. To each his/her own...
    Quote Originally Posted by one028 View Post
    if the iphone shoed appointments on the main screen i would keep mine...i like wm devices because i could pick up the phone and see my appointments without having to go into the calendar app....
    Today screen coming soon... Displays appointments, missed calls, emails, sms, etc....

keep an eye out for more info...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I FOUND ONE A TODAY SCREEN FOR THE IPHONe!!

check out http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wor...n-lock-screen/

just installed it on my iphone 3g and it makes me want to use my iphone again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Irrelevant and minor reason is a understatement! It's funny actually. No mms? Use email, get over it. Email is better anyways. No copy and paste? It's coming, have some patience - is there a single device that is perfect out of the box? NO! I could keep going... I'm learning to just ignore people like that. I totally get why people on this forum or any BB forum would hate the iPhone. They own a different phone that is not nearly as successful as the iPhone.

And yes I own a Treo Pro, is it perfect? By a long shot no it is not. Do I bash it on the iPhone forums I go to? Not at all. Not my style. To each his/her own...
    To this day the whole "No MMS, use email because it's better" argument is ridiculous. Of the dozens of people that will send me a picture via their phone, they don't use email, they use MMS. They don't have my email address stored on their device, and I don't expect them to. Copy and Paste may or may not be coming, who knows. Native tasks support? How about a more powerful calendar that allows for categories and other functionality others have been asking for?

The iPhone is a great multimedia/internet phone, but not a great smartphone since it struggles as a good PIM organizer and other missing features.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    To this day the whole "No MMS, use email because it's better" argument is ridiculous. Of the dozens of people that will send me a picture via their phone, they don't use email, they use MMS. They don't have my email address stored on their device, and I don't expect them to. Copy and Paste may or may not be coming, who knows. Native tasks support? How about a more powerful calendar that allows for categories and other functionality others have been asking for?

The iPhone is a great multimedia/internet phone, but not a great smartphone since it struggles as a good PIM organizer and other missing features.
    The iPhone calendar does have categories... Set up a mobileme account or exchange account. Heck, even gmail's calendar will sync with categories.

The whole "no mms whhhhaaaa...." complaining is so old... You knew that before you bought it... and if you didn't then that is your problem. Deal with it or return it. And I have over 200 contacts in my address book and every single one of them can send me MMS to my email and I can send them pics to their email or number@att.mms.net etc...

And answer the question what is of better quality... MMS pictures or email?
    Last edited by Bad Ash; 10/24/2008 at 12:48 PM.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast