Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    3) can't turn off the missed called notification
    You can turn off missed calls notification. The option is in Sounds and Notifications... uncheck everything under Missed Calls.

So far so good with mine. I switch back and forth with my iPhone 3g. Some of other people's complaints such as the keyboard are a non-issue for me.
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I have to admit that all this talk about returning the Pro and going back to the 750 is making me second guess my decision to order it.

Oh well, it is too late now and I guess i have to decide for myself when it arrives on Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    I have to admit that all this talk about returning the Pro and going back to the 750 is making me second guess my decision to order it.

Oh well, it is too late now and I guess i have to decide for myself when it arrives on Thursday.
    I understand some of the people's complaints but for me it has been great. Keyboard and all. I have yet to see a bad review on this device but of course there will be people who do not like it. That is going to happen with any device. Not a single device out there today is perfect. So don't let it get you down!
    So the Blackjack III doesn't appeal to anyone who's returning theirs? It's a similar form factor with the same screen resolution and WM 6.1, so you don't have to go back to the 750. After using 6.1, I don't think I want to use 5.0 anymore. 6.0 maybe.

Unlike other Blackjacks, the new one is full WM Professional.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Take a look at this if you're an AT&T user. I'm impressed! And I never had problem with the Blackjack keyboard(although I do have smaller fingers). Boy Genius has it on his site, looks a little thick, but solid.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...sku=sku3030219

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...i907-unboxing/
    I would definitely like to give the Samsung a shot. Deiter says the optical mouse is great. It was a hard decision to return the treo. I still have,,,,,, I'm not required to mail it in until the 28th and if I don't then the nix the return info. Thanks for the link to the potential option.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    I would definitely like to give the Samsung a shot. Deiter says the optical mouse is great. It was a hard decision to return the treo. I still have,,,,,, I'm not required to mail it in until the 28th and if I don't then the nix the return info. Thanks for the link to the potential option.

Can we ask for an exchange? It is also within 30days? And will it work?
    So the Blackjack III doesn't appeal to anyone who's returning theirs? It's a similar form factor with the same screen resolution and WM 6.1, so you don't have to go back to the 750. After using 6.1, I don't think I want to use 5.0 anymore. 6.0 maybe.

Unlike other Blackjacks, the new one is full WM Professional.
    Oh... it interests me greatly. And the optical mouse is nice.
  8. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    I understand some of the people's complaints but for me it has been great. Keyboard and all. I have yet to see a bad review on this device but of course there will be people who do not like it. That is going to happen with any device. Not a single device out there today is perfect. So don't let it get you down!
    Thanks Bad Ash. You are right the reviews have been good and most of the complaints are irritations more than problems.
    Last edited by charlyee; 10/21/2008 at 02:43 PM.
    Best Buy is supposedly getting the Treo Pro in stock by this upcoming weekend, so I will have an opportunity to check it out in person and try out the keyboard and see if I have any issues with typing. Then I'll stop by the AT&T store to check out the Samsung Epix, and make a decision then.
    OK, Just spent 20 minutes with the Samsung.

The sales people know it as Blackjack III but it is the i907 EPIX.

Same exact screen as the pro

nice size, slightly thicker ans dark chrome vs our black look.

signal was similar to the pro

keybord is awkward but much fewer typos, while the keys are easier to hit they are harder to see as the paited letters are smaller.

volume control stops ringer.

did not check the bluetooth call waiting

camera is a little snappier

some cool options, full LED control form the notifications menu. You can choose if you want the LED to light and for how long 15min to 24 hrs.

otherwise we are talking the same device just a differnt pad/mouse and casing.

I actully strugled with the mouse pad, I guess I enjoy the 4-way.
    i don't know what battery life will be like but it has been awesome with the pro

If you want to extend contract it looks like a no brianer to spend $199 for the EPIX instead of $499-$549 for the pro.

Sorry but after 5 years with Palm it looks like the only reason to have the pro is if you need a cradle option as the EPIX would need a seperate wire to provide power.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtreo View Post
    Can we ask for an exchange? It is also within 30days? And will it work?
    Im not totally sure what your asking. Yes you can return the pro to palm within 30 days. Yes you can return the BJ3 within 30 days after purchasing it. There isn't an exchange exactly.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    So James, what we gonna get?
    Well the HTC Touch Pro will be available soon. The HTC Advantage 7510 is a GPS, WM 6.1, 5 inch VGA display, wifi, BT phone that is only 2 times bigger than the Treo. The HTC HD is an awesome choice if u don't mind slow data speeds in the US.

The advantage is a little to big. The Touch Pro and the BJ3 have potentially lousy navigation buttons and who wants to go without 3G.

I don't see a better option than the treo pro. I blame it all on the chip ban keeping great devices out of the US!
    what's the chip ban?
    They both have 3G on the AT&T versions!

He may be referring to that 3G chip lawsuit. Until it's settled(Qualcom vs. Broadcom I think), I think we can now only get dual band 3G chips, although I've seen tri-band 3G chips still coming out. I read the tri-band chip phones had to have been approved BEFORE the ban took effect.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Well the HTC Touch Pro will be available soon. The HTC Advantage 7510 is a GPS, WM 6.1, 5 inch VGA display, wifi, BT phone that is only 2 times bigger than the Treo. The HTC HD is an awesome choice if u don't mind slow data speeds in the US.

The advantage is a little to big. The Touch Pro and the BJ3 have potentially lousy navigation buttons and who wants to go without 3G.

I don't see a better option than the treo pro. I blame it all on the chip ban keeping great devices out of the US!
    So HTC Touch Pro and HTC Touch HD can be very good choice if we don't care about the hard keyboard, right? So far they look better than TP in terms of screen and functionality.

Any new idea?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    what's the chip ban?
    I'm in class right now so I cant do to much research but heres 1 link about it http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-162773.html
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    So HTC Touch Pro and HTC Touch HD can be very good choice if we don't care about the hard keyboard, right? So far they look better than TP in terms of screen and functionality.

Any new idea?
    The touch pro has a hard KB. The HD is awsome but you would only get 70kbit - 150kbit data speeds in the US.
    The best WM device I've ever used was a Moto Q9h. I sold it while I still had T-Mobile service, and now that I'm with AT&T I'm regretting my sale. I also let it go for a song! I may pick up one of the new Moto Q9h's that comes with WM 6.1. I will still keep my Treo 750 around for a while, and also my Treo 680. Best keyboards on a Treo. Man, I can't STAND the small keys on the Centro/Treo Pro.
  19.    #39  
    They both have 3G on the AT&T versionsd.............
    Ow sorry,,,,, my post was confusing. I was refering to the "edge only" speed for the HD in the states.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I will still keep my Treo 750 around for a while, and also my Treo 680. Best keyboards on a Treo. Man, I can't STAND the small keys on the Centro/Treo Pro.
    I was at Sprint a few days ago because I accidentally knocked my wife's BB Perl into a cup of tea. I typed a few notes on the 755 while there and was shocked at how easy and roomy the KB felt.

When I spoke with the Palm rep about the return he mentioned that customers are pushing for a smaller,,,,,, an even smaller KB!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast