Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    I haven't noticed this before simply because I don't text much but I'm not receiving text messages.

    Is anyone else having trouble receiving text messages? On AT&T.
  2. #2  
    No problem here.
  3. #3  
    no prob here either
  4.    #4  
    goodness.... Palm says I have to contact ATT, ATT says I have to contact Palm. I swear, if I didn't know any better I would think my Pro is cursed!

    I think it's time for an exchange.
  5. #5  
    Have you checked your settings? I don't think itls the Pro.
  6.    #6  
    which settings?
  7. #7  
    I am not having any trouble with the text messaging other then the vibration from my motorcycle causes me to double type characters (did I admit that out loud?)

    If you have a little time use Sprite to back up your phone, then do a hard rest and see if you SMS and other issues are taken care of. If not exchange your phone. If so then install your 3rd party apps one at a time until you duplicate the problem.

    Good Luck

    -D
  8.    #8  
    Croz... thanks for the tips. I just went through a hard reset and restored 3rd party apps one at a time to see what was causing a mystery lock up.

    Can't tell you if the text messaging problem was present earlier because I rarely use text messaging.
  9. #9  
    there is a major problem with ATT texting to VZW. I moved from VZW to ATT to get the Treo Pro. We have been testing multiple smart phones at work and EVERY phone has the same issue with sending texts from ATT to VZW. There is a significant delay and many text are never delivered. About a third of the texts actually are sent timely.

    Seems to be worse in the evening and better during the day. Both VZW and ATT claim ignorance, but it is all over the ATT user boards etc.

    It is only from ATT to VZW and does not seem to be a problem the other way, so seems to me that it is an ATT problem.

    The issue is so bad that I am considering dumping ATT (and by defualt, the Treo Pro) as a result. My family is on VZW and I on on ATT to get the pro and texting is essentially unusable.

    Anyone else here have this issue or any remedy from ATT/VZW?
  10. #10  
    I text all day and night, have not noticed any issues,but I am not sure if my friends are Vz or not. My issue is that my TP screen shows one unread message and I don't have any unread. It has been like this for three days. I am gong to delete them all and see if that helps.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I text all day and night, have not noticed any issues,but I am not sure if my friends are Vz or not. My issue is that my TP screen shows one unread message and I don't have any unread. It has been like this for three days. I am gong to delete them all and see if that helps.
    Things may have changed since I last had that issue on a WM device but the only thing that would clear that ghost text message was a hard reset...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Things may have changed since I last had that issue on a WM device but the only thing that would clear that ghost text message was a hard reset...
    thanks -- well I am switching Treo Pros tomorrow so hopefully that will be solved.
  13. Biggles's Avatar
    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #13  
    There is a problem with SMS, which isn't too obvious, if you're sending to more than one recipient.

    If you select 'New SMS', then type the first few characters of the recipient, you can select him/her from the list. Then it would seem obvious, as the cursor is still flashing there, to do the same again for the second recipient.

    Wrong! That way, the text will only be sent to the first recipient!

    You must either insert a ';' manually (like with an email) or select 'Add recipient' from the menu via the contacts screen, which inserts the ';' itself.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    There is a problem with SMS, which isn't too obvious, if you're sending to more than one recipient.

    If you select 'New SMS', then type the first few characters of the recipient, you can select him/her from the list. Then it would seem obvious, as the cursor is still flashing there, to do the same again for the second recipient.

    Wrong! That way, the text will only be sent to the first recipient!

    You must either insert a ';' manually (like with an email) or select 'Add recipient' from the menu via the contacts screen, which inserts the ';' itself.
    I don't have this issue. Mine automatically adds ";" without any issues. Just tested it to make sure. Odd it does not do the same for you.

    I just added 5 people for one text all by typing their names one after the other. Works fine.
  15. Biggles's Avatar
    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    I don't have this issue. Mine automatically adds ";" without any issues. Just tested it to make sure. Odd it does not do the same for you.

    I just added 5 people for one text all by typing their names one after the other. Works fine.
    Mine puts the name, then a space, then the phone number in '< >'. If I use 'Add recipient..' it not only puts a semi-colon but puts the name in quotes (" "). But the semi-colon seems to be the main thing.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Mine puts the name, then a space, then the phone number in '< >'. If I use 'Add recipient..' it not only puts a semi-colon but puts the name in quotes (" "). But the semi-colon seems to be the main thing.
    That's really weird. Either way mine adds the semi-colon. Have no clue as to why yours would be any different.
  17. #17  
    Mine works like Bad Ash, I get a semicolon either way. I just tested it.

Posting Permissions