1.    #1  
    I have had my treo since the first week it came out....A week or so ago its been downhill. Everytime I try to start internet explorer it just closes before it even tries to download anything. Sometimes it gives you the "report the problem to MS" and a few times has done that about 5 times in a row before it stops.

So I decided to do a hard reset, to my suprise even after a hard reset the issue is the same! I have hard reset it several times. The phone is much slower than it used to be often locks up just trying to use basic functions.

Also something wierd, when I try to do a soft reset now, it acts as though its doing a hard reset (without erasing the data), but goes to the screen where you have to align the screen, takes forever to load and all the issues remain.

Any suggestions??

The error I get using internet explorer is 0x80004005
    Last edited by yitzchakis1; 10/19/2008 at 07:14 AM.
    If you have TEP, I would ""lose"" the phone.
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
  3.    #3  
    I have insurance on the phone and in my opinion falls within a bad device. I am planning on taking it to the sprint Store and raise hell if necessary....just thought I'd get any suggestions here first. I am still completely baffaled that a hard reset would not fix the issue becuse its certainly not a third party software issue because there is none on it, heck I dont even have one contact name in it???
    Take the box in with you. I was hassled about that the last time I did an exchange and it was well within warranty.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Take the box in with you. I was hassled about that the last time I did an exchange and it was well within warranty.
    ok thanks
  6.    #6  
    well as an update...my sprint store replaced the treo without an issue
    Did it fix the problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    That's not a good sign. Perhaps they're getting a flood of returns
    I am fed up with this phone! I keep having problems! I tried to do a hard reset after my sms stopped working then my phone wont boot up no more. Now it is stuck on a blue screen! This makes me want to get a blackberry or a regular phone!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Don't get a berry, they bite the big one. I've got both a Berry and a Treo 800. Treo beats the berry hands down!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrose View Post
    Don't get a berry, they bite the big one. I've got both a Berry and a Treo 800. Treo beats the berry hands down!
    The BB Curve is great, I have this also. Its a phone and email machine. Works great out of the box and needs zero hacks. I like Windows better so I have been using the 800 more. If I didn't have it the Curve would be in my hands.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    That's not a good sign. Perhaps they're getting a flood of returns
    They wanted it for my 700wx too.