1.    #1  
    New member here,love the forum!

Is there a way to delete a number in the texting "to" field on the 800?
    I hate having a long list of numbers pop up when I want to compose a new text,especially because it might be numbers you rarely text.

Also,when I hit "reply" to a text whatever number is stored in contacts will come up,not always in the proper format for texting, i.e. with a 1 before the area code (or when I had automatic call blocking) *68 before the number. Texts don't go through like that,and I just can't find a way to delete those entries. I've even tried deleting the whole contact,but it's stored somewhere in memory that I just can't figure out and it comes back the same way.

With automatic call blocking,all my friends and family had *68 in front of their respective numbers,until I figured out thats why they didn't get my texts. I edited the contact info to remove that prefix but once in the texts,it stays that way! I have to manually type in the number to text all the time.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Try deleting your PalmMsgV001 file. You will lose all your texts, though, so I recommend backing that file up to your computer before you do that.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  3.    #3  
    Not sure how to find that and exactly what to do delete there?
    The file is in the Windows folder (My Device\Windows).

This file is the database of all the text messages and relevant information that you have stored in your phone. Unfortunately, since there's no way to see the contents of this file (other than through the messaging program on the phone itself), there's no way to delete specific parts of it. You have to delete the entire thing. That's why I said it's a good idea to back it up because just in case it doesn't work, you can just put it back onto the phone and you'll still have your text messages.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  5.    #5  
    won't let me delete that file,any more suggestions?
    Make sure your messaging program is closed before you try to delete it (hold OK to open the task manager, then hit the right soft key and click end all tasks). Also, you may have to delete it from the phone itself, rather than browsing through your computer.

Other than that, though, I have no suggestions, aside from a hard reset. Sorry.
    Worked for me! Thanks...
  8.    #8  
    found it and deleted it,thanks!