Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    hi folks

    Wanted some thoughts on whats a good car dash mount to handle the Mogul and the Treo 800w for a sedan and a mini-van, esp since the windshield on the mini-vans is not as close to driver as it is in a sedan.

    thanks

    BigMots
  2. #2  
    Basically, it depends on what you want. If you just want something you can stick in the windshield or on the vent, get this. It's just as good as the others you'll find that stick in your windshield or off the vent and much cheaper.

    But if you want the BEST, get ProClip.

    I've got the ProClip system in my car and have the other cheaper solution for when I'm in rentals or a trip in my wife's car .
  3. #3  
    I second ProClip. They make the best mounts in the business.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I second ProClip. They make the best mounts in the business.
    Saw that, thanks for the tips guys, but I don't want anything hanging off the AC vents and/or having a perm install.

    Any other thoughts ?

    thanks

    BigMots
  5. tli415's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #5  
    I second BigMots request, but things hanging off the vents are fine with me as long as they are not permanent.
  6. #6  
    ProClips also sells their mounts on a windshield suction cup-thing. I bought one of those for our other car and it works great plus you get the quality ProClips mount. I have the vent mount in my car.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    Saw that, thanks for the tips guys, but I don't want anything hanging off the AC vents and/or having a perm install.

    Any other thoughts ?

    thanks

    BigMots
    Than you might was well get this. It's got the suction cup if you want that and anybody wanting the vent mount can do that with it too. It has everything for both.

    (I won't name any names, but I'm telling you, I've got it and I think it's exactly like something else sold for a much higher price.)
  8. tli415's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Than you might was well get this. It's got the suction cup if you want that and anybody wanting the vent mount can do that with it too. It has everything for both.

    (I won't name any names, but I'm telling you, I've got it and I think it's exactly like something else sold for a much higher price.)
    You mean like this:
    http://store.treocentral.com/igrip-u.../3A78A1742.htm

    Also, from your link: "When holder is not in use, have a picture of a loved one, car .. anything you fancy." Lol.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    Hey, you didn't hear it from me !

    Also, from your link: "When holder is not in use, have a picture of a loved one, car .. anything you fancy." Lol.
    Yea, the person selling it is really going for that "universal" appeal .
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    You mean like this:
    http://store.treocentral.com/igrip-u.../3A78A1742.htm

    Also, from your link: "When holder is not in use, have a picture of a loved one, car .. anything you fancy." Lol.
    hell yeah, they sure look identical going by the pic..no comments on the "anything u fancy pic"

    BigMots
  11. nlowhor's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #11  
    Much bigger fan of this

    http://store.treocentral.com/igrip-u.../3A78A1741.htm

    iGrip is great, but I think the gooseneck style is too shaky. Old pics of it with a 700p at http://www.brothersontech.com/produc...l-swivel-mount

    I also like that the holder can be replaced with a difference size later if you change devices.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Much bigger fan of this

    http://store.treocentral.com/igrip-u.../3A78A1741.htm

    iGrip is great, but I think the gooseneck style is too shaky. Old pics of it with a 700p at http://www.brothersontech.com/produc...l-swivel-mount

    I also like that the holder can be replaced with a difference size later if you change devices.
    true but, in case of mini-vans the dash is way too far to reach, so am looking for something that'll work with both sedans and vans.

    BigMots
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    true but, in case of mini-vans the dash is way too far to reach, so am looking for something that'll work with both sedans and vans.

    BigMots
    Even in some cars, depending on the design of the vehicle what you've mentioned is true.
  14. nlowhor's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    true but, in case of mini-vans the dash is way too far to reach, so am looking for something that'll work with both sedans and vans.

    BigMots
    Good point...we've all got our own needs. I'd just make sure the gooseneck has a large suction cup to handle the torque. The suction cup on the ones I've tried was just too small.

Posting Permissions