1.    #1  
    does anyone know a good simple profile switcher that works with the treo pro?

since palm got rid of the volume icon, im going crazy trying to switch my phone to silent.

i need 3 profiles: all sound all vibrate, no sound all vibrate, no sound no vibrate (for when i sleep)

on the treo pro i can only get 2 out of the 3. its really annoying. does anyone know a profile switcher. i tried phonealarm but its way too complicated and doesnt work too well on the pro, it repeats alarams even though i dont want it to

any help would be appreciated
    spb mobile shell has a built-in profile setting... which does all 3 settings u mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by bigneeker View Post
    does anyone know a good simple profile switcher that works with the treo pro?

since palm got rid of the volume icon, im going crazy trying to switch my phone to silent.

i need 3 profiles: all sound all vibrate, no sound all vibrate, no sound no vibrate (for when i sleep)

on the treo pro i can only get 2 out of the 3. its really annoying. does anyone know a profile switcher. i tried phonealarm but its way too complicated and doesnt work too well on the pro, it repeats alarams even though i dont want it to

any help would be appreciated
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
  3.    #3  
    spb mobile shell is also more than i need, i would like to keep my today screen the way it is (spb diary and spb weather).

are there any other choices? something that can fit on my today screen
    you can always disable the shells' today plug-in...

or better yet, assign the other 2 spb products to the shells' today plug-in tabs.
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
  5.    #5  
    yea but if i disable the shells today plug in, how will i easily switch profiles

i remember trying it out a few months ago and i thought it slowed down my device plus i dont think you can integrate spb diary and traveller into the shell today page.
    Also looking for a profile switch and I don't want to have anything to do with mobile shell.
    Any other suggestions?
  7.    #7  
    there is an imate profile switcher i remember from when i had the 8502 but im not sure where to download that.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I use PhoneAlarm - pocketmax.net

It is WAY more than a profile switcher but I think that is what it started out as years ago.

ALWAYS developing new stuff, very responsive developer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrompton View Post
    I use PhoneAlarm - pocketmax.net

It is WAY more than a profile switcher but I think that is what it started out as years ago.

ALWAYS developing new stuff, very responsive developer.
    Checking it out now.
    I think I like it.
    I really like how much info on the today screen we get with so little space taken.
    Thanks
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/18/2008 at 02:59 PM.
  10.    #10  
    i dont like phonealaram. it does way too much, slows down the device and doesnt always work. it sometimes vibrate when i have vibrate off. it repeats when i dont want it to repeat. its very buggy on my treo pro
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    As was previously posted by another user--and then removed for unrelated reasons--you might want to check out SBSH PhoneWeaver.

Good profile switching, message indicator, etc., program. An update is near, per the developer on the public forums, which will better accomodate 320x320 screens.

http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showtopic=23035
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    I use SPB PhoneSuite. Aside from automatic profile switching I use it's Picture in Call History feature, Call blocker (white or black lists), and Unread Message reminders.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    High Overhead:
    I wasn't going to bring up Phone Suite because I think it is more overhead then you are looking for. However, I too use and LOVE Phone Suite. It is not buggy like Phone Alarm and much easier to use. Currently it says it does not support 320x320 but the only thing that seems to "not work" is the profile icons. Even on my Treo Pro at 320x320 it seem to operate perfectly.

Low Overhead:
    Set Volume is a wonderful small app that will work for what you are looking for. It Allows you to easily switch to
    • Mute (No Sound No Vibrate).
    • Vibrate (Vibrate Only).
    • Sound (If you set up your phone to always vibrate with sound then that is what you would get if you turn off the above 2 options).
    Set volume is also not designed for 320x320 but works just fine on my Treo.

Hope that helps.

-D
    I have tried Phone Alarm, Gprofile, Phone Suite, Phone Weaver and a couple of others. Each one initially worked fine but eventually would cause my phone to not accept incoming calls. The phone would ring but when I press the accept softkey or the green answer button, the phone would not connect over half of the time. About a quarter of the time it would answer correctly and the other quarter it would take from 5 to 10 seconds to connect. Each time uninstalling the software I used for profile switching would resolve the problem. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, have you found a profile switcher that works without causing issues?
    The ringer switch works 100% of the time well for me at least ha ha just kidding but i've found that when using third party software you may have some that don't play well together phone suite works well for me so did phone alarm maybe its another app that's causing the issue on your phone try a hard reset install the profile switcher of your choice and then the other apps one at a time until you find the problem sorry that's all I have to offer hope it helps
    I'm using PhoneAlarm since Nov 2008.
    It works perfect with my TP.
    Currently using v2.21 and no bugs at all.
    It is fully customizable.
    It is strange to hear negative feedback about it
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I have been using Phoneweaver for a week or so now with no problems. I think its worth it for 10 bucks. If you have a Sprint Treo Pro make sure you have installed the patch for the phone ringing errors that was just released.
    Quote Originally Posted by wachkar View Post
    I'm using PhoneAlarm since Nov 2008.
    It works perfect with my TP.
    Currently using v2.21 and no bugs at all.
    It is fully customizable.
    It is strange to hear negative feedback about it
    Latest version has bug where voicemail notification is triggered when a new SMS arrives.
    Did a hard reset and installed a Sprite backup with software prior to ANY profile manager software. Installed SPB Phone Suite 1.3.1 beta and so far no problems for the past 3 days. Have RealVGA installed and 1.3.1 beta seems to be compatible with it. Will update if any issues arise. Did prefer phonealarm since in each profile you could also set an activesync schedule for each profile where in Phone Suite you can't - oh well.
    yeah i miss the profile siwtcher I had on my q9c it was simpler