Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have seen in various videos and reviews that the Treo Pro featured a nice scrensaver showing the current time and whether there are any new messages. I can't see anything like that on my device. Is there a way to enable it?
    start settings system power screensaver tab
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michau View Post
    I have seen in various videos and reviews that the Treo Pro featured a nice scrensaver showing the current time and whether there are any new messages. I can't see anything like that on my device. Is there a way to enable it?
    Prepare to be disappointed a bit with the screen saver as it doesn't indicate when new emails have arrived.
    ONe thing I have observed with my Pro is that the screensaver only works when the phone is on. When the phone is off and you are using it only as a PDA, it doesnt work.

I havent found a way for it to be on with the phone off. I dont know if it is possible or that is the way they designed it because you get email alerts, sms, vociemail, etc on the screensaver.
    My Modern Theory Of Natural Selection: Anyone dumb enough to do something stupid deserves the consequences... Stupidity is an active choice.

Treo 650------Treo Pro (Oct 08)
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_Chaos View Post
    ONe thing I have observed with my Pro is that the screensaver only works when the phone is on. When the phone is off and you are using it only as a PDA, it doesnt work.

I havent found a way for it to be on with the phone off. I dont know if it is possible or that is the way they designed it because you get email alerts, sms, vociemail, etc on the screensaver.
    No, we've been discussing that on another thread(s). It doesn't seem there is a way of having the screensaver on when the phone's off but we have no idea why!
  6. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    No, we've been discussing that on another thread(s). It doesn't seem there is a way of having the screensaver on when the phone's off but we have no idea why!
    Seems an obvious and sensible decision to me. With the phone off you're not going to get any email, sms or voicemail anyway, so what's the point of wasting battery power by keeping the screensaver active?

In fact it makes even more sense when you consider that turning the phone off is a common way of conserving a battery for when you really need it.
    Last edited by Me2; 10/20/2008 at 09:30 AM.
  7. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Maybe to show the time for those of us that do not wear a watch?
  8. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Maybe to show the time for those of us that do not wear a watch?
    Well there'll always be someone who's too lazy to press a button

I still think it's a good feature to turn everything that's non essential off with the radio for those times when you're a long way from a charger. Plus, in the absence of a service LED, it also gives you an at-a-glance visual clue that the phone is turned off, should you have done that unintentionally.
    Last edited by Me2; 10/20/2008 at 11:30 AM.