1.    #1  
    Is there a way to record phone calls on the 800W? I'm a longtime Callrec user on my 650, and I was surprised how useful it was. New to the 800W, love the phone but hate the OS....can't figure out how to record a phone call!
    WM does not have one. It's due to the way the phone calls are handled, in order to record the call it'd be extremely hackish.

Palm's route the audio from the calls directly through the OS. On WM devices it's separate.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Ebag....I've finally found the correct places to look and that does seem to be the consensus. As an EE that seems very bizarre...that data has to be digitized at some point, and should be made accessible to the micro. It DOES almost sound like it was done intentionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shepherd View Post
    Thanks Ebag....I've finally found the correct places to look and that does seem to be the consensus. As an EE that seems very bizarre...that data has to be digitized at some point, and should be made accessible to the micro. It DOES almost sound like it was done intentionally.
    I think it was more done for failsafeness and simplicity. I would prefer my phone calls to have some level of reliability even if the OS is wonky at the time. To have the main processor do something with the data would put a pretty large load on it, and only decrease audio quality as well.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shepherd View Post
    My best guess is that it is intentional, but mostly because the different companies like to have their own dialer programs.

Basically keeping it modular, if you will.