Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, that's right, they rushed to get WM 6.0 on the Mogul. That's what I meant.

Will it get better in time? The better question is- Will owners wait for it to get better? People are impatient and now you've have a few devices hitting the marketplace that have a better feature set. Hey, I'm trying. I came back to this device after two pretty buggy and defective ones. My third seems to be better but still is plagued with same old stuff that I had with the first two. I've been able to manage a few of them. The OP and others say an update is coming. I'll try to hang in there.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Just wait and get the Treo 850e on sprint

Shouldn't be too long!

(look at the wmexperts frontpage)
    Just read the article. I do think someone is messing with you guys. It would compete with the 800. Palm competing with themselves is a stretch even for them. I would take one for sure though.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Well for me it just got better and no update was required. It's been confirmed that 16GB MicroSDHC works on the Treo 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Just read the article. I do think someone is messing with you guys. It would compete with the 800. Palm competing with themselves is a stretch even for them. I would take one for sure though.
    This argument only makes sense if Palm has a monopoly or a dominance in smartphones. They no longer even have a respectable market share. If they wait ten months to roll our the CDMA pro/850e it is going to be a year old device.

Palm is not competing with itself it is competing with Apple, HTC, Rim and even Samsung. They are getting their clock cleaned and need to be out front. Someone else even has the name "Pro"!
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    1. I'm not sure how long it took for HTC to release Mogul updates. Everything other than memory seemed to work fine for me. The battery got me through the day. Sliding the keyboard with no memory did suck. I do know there was a 2.95 ROM release then a few months later came 3.35 ROM with GPS/Sprint TV/Sprint Nav./Rev. A./Task Manager and more. Then a few months later 6.1. I'd say they were pretty good with releasing updates. I can careless at this point, new day, new device.

2. I don't know what earpiece they put in your device but all three of mine are low and muffled. Turning it up only makes it worse. Speakerphone is a joke which we can all agree. Player music on the speaker is very nice though. Way better than any PDA I've had.

4. The Ringer audio for calls and alerts is really low. I miss calls due to this. Lately I just leave it on vibrate. I don't miss anything. All my other device were much louder. I'm sure this is fix, hack or something.

3. Missed calls during data. I don't have time to dig up threads but here is one I am apart of. Like mentioned I am not having this issue with this device. My first one died due to the radio which was missed calls, texts, etc. The radio was toast.
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1427993

Again, I'm not complaining, more like hoping there was a release from Palm already. I believe these can be fixed with some kind of update.

2. I have to agree based on my experience. The volume on the handset isn't low, but muffled regardless of the setting of the volume. Speakerphone isn't too great in my opinion. About on par with the Treo 700p I had before. It wasn't anything to brag about. Ironically, the best voice quality comes from using my Blue Ant Z9i BT headset. Even better than using the included wired headset. I get this annoying "scratching/skipping" noise frequently when I use the supplied wired headset.

4. The volume for alerts is pretty loud. However, my ringer volume is very low. Go figure.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12