Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't seem to get it to download from any site. Even had Opera send me an SMS. Does it work or not? I need another browser and Mini worked great for me with my BB.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    You need a Java client.

Just download and install this:

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/shared_f...ni%201.2.2.cab

That should be everything you need, but personally...Opera Mini is pretty lame and I have no idea why people like it.

Opera Mobile is much better and Skyfire is probably the best.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    I just find the full browsers to be bulky and slow. I do like PIE but it doesn't handle every site I browse where as Mini does. Thanks for the link.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    You need a Java client.

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/shared_f...ni%201.2.2.cab

That should be everything you need, but personally...Opera Mini is pretty lame and I have no idea why people like it.

Opera Mobile is much better and Skyfire is probably the best.
    I love it. It is so fast. There is never ever a scroll loading screen like in the full browsers. And it is super fast relative to full browsers.

Also: 1.2.6 is the newest version of the pack, but it doesn't seem to work on the 800w. I am trying the 1.2.4 version, because there isn't much changed since then:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402980
    Last edited by samadam; 10/16/2008 at 03:39 PM.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Opera Mobile is slow as molasses and Skyfire does not render many pages properly in "smartfit" mode. I use Opera Mini because it is so fast and does a beautiful job of displaying the web pages that I read regularly.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Opera Mobile is slow as molasses and Skyfire does not render many pages properly in "smartfit" mode. I use Opera Mini because it is so fast and does a beautiful job of displaying the web pages that I read regularly.
    Yep, unless you need Flash, Opera Mobile is the way to go.

SkyFire and Opera Mobile are so behind that even PIE and TCPMP work better for YouTube.
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    SkyFire and Opera Mobile are so behind that even PIE and TCPMP work better for YouTube.
    The latest version of Skyfire works extremely well with YouTube. I've used PIE and TCPMP plenty...but I'd prefer Skyfire any day.

That being said there's plenty not to like about it, just like you can find with any browser. Opera Mobile is very slick, but PIE and Skyfire fits 99% of my browsing needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    The latest version of Skyfire works extremely well with YouTube. I've used PIE and TCPMP plenty...but I'd prefer Skyfire any day.

That being said there's plenty not to like about it, just like you can find with any browser. Opera Mobile is very slick, but PIE and Skyfire fits 99% of my browsing needs.
    Remember that we are talking Opera Mini here guys. The last two posts have been about Mobile.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
  9.    #9  
    I also have Opera Mobile but it does not fit my screen properly no matter how I adjust it. Mini settings allow Mobile View which will adjust to your device screen. No more scrolling right/left only up/down. I hate Zoom.

I use Opera Mini, primarily because of its speed and how well it works with my Redfly. I love Skyfire for videos - it works great with Hulu, Comedy Central, YouTube and other video sites. It's not my main browser simply because it's a battery hog & a bit more clunky to navigate.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    You need a Java client.

1800pocketpc.com/shared_files/GC%20Opera%20Mini%201.2.2.cab
    this link has been disabled and I don't know the file name to search for on the site. Any clues? Or other links?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by lvanderslice View Post
    this link has been disabled and I don't know the file name to search for on the site. Any clues? Or other links?

thanks!
    Try this (via XDA)
    FileSend - OM16112008_Note.cab

This CAB will install the following software and tweaks:

1. Jbed Java-VM (Latest)
    2. Opera mini 4.2
    3. Signing Opera mini as trusted(So that annoying confirmation prompt to network
    connection and to Saving/uploading files is removed.
    4. Direct shortcut for opera mini in Start->Programs->Internet.
    Shortcut for Jbed under Start->Programs->Accessories
    5. Nice opera icon for the shortcut & to be used in the today launchers.

thank you.
    been looking for this.
    I just installed the .cab from here....where do I get opera mini from?
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
    I just installed the .cab from here....where do I get opera mini from?
    if you installed from post #12 above, that installs Java and Opera Mini 4.2--you should have an icon in your Start/Programs for it now.

I am curious how I can apply this to the Gmail java program -- eliminating the security question and adding an icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jammasterjake View Post
    I am curious how I can apply this to the Gmail java program -- eliminating the security question and adding an icon.
    The icon is tricky. Will try to look it up later.

For Gmail though, just download the .jar file from the gmail site, run Java, go to install, tell it where the .jar file is and wholla...Java Gmail.

The icon is tricky. Will try to look it up later.

For Gmail though, just download the .jar file from the gmail site, run Java, go to install, tell it where the .jar file is and wholla...Java Gmail.
    I already have it working; I just don't like the aesthetics of that awful Jbed icon. Also, I have to grant permission to access Gmail each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jammasterjake View Post
    I already have it working; I just don't like the aesthetics of that awful Jbed icon. Also, I have to grant permission to access Gmail each time.
    ah, my bad...

some folks at xda released a version that does both Gmail and Opera--will try to find it and post back later.

thanks VibrantRedGT for the direction there...
    thanks Malatesta for the download link...

just what i was looking for...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast