1.    #1  
    originlly I was a treo wx user. I LOVED the phone but was disappointed in the lack of pic mail. also the hack was no longer working. I enjoy my centro very much but the palm os is sooooo primative. my question to those who dropped the centro and went to the 800w, what are your thoughts? is it much better? if you have the ppc hack for pic mail does it actually work? any info would be appreciated. I thought about the curve but its not touch screen. I have had touch screen the past 2 years. I't's not a requirement but it would take some adjistments.
    I moved from a Centro to the 800w and have no tlooked back since.

The keyboard is easier to type on, the screen is larger and sharper among the other pluses. The PPC sMMS app works flawlessly after paying the $5 fee.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I moved from the Centro to the 800w and have mixed feelings. For starters my wife still has her Centro so I still grab it and play. If you enjoy tweaking WM 6.1 and trying differant looks that the 800w is for you. I have Ultimate Launcher installed and played with it for a week before I bought it.

For me the Centro does everything the 800w does, except sync with our new exchange server, IT guy won't let the POS sync with it. That is why I switched to the 800w. IMO the screen is much better on the Cento, much brighter but smaller. On my 800w the brightness is set to one notch below max and on the Centor it's in the middle and it's still brighter.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    My wife has a centro and is considering upgrading to either the 800w or the Touch Pro. She realy likes my 800w and we think shes outgrown the Centro as it is her first smart phone, however she does not like the look of the 800w and the lack of built-in media functionality of the 800w. I have shown her everything I have done to costumize my 800w. She thinks its cool but shes not as much of a geek I guess. Were pretty convinced that the Touch Pro is for her. My view on your question is if you like a front facing kwerty keyboard and enjoyed the Treo 700wx you will love the 800w. If your more media orientated and want something new give the Touch Pro a try. I personaly realy like my 800w. My only complaint is the 800w not having the traditionaly wired ear piece connection.
    i know it isnt a centro but i came from a 755p. the change in os was a little difficult at first, but i have to say, the much faster internet gps wifi and with the seven program the email push. i have grown to love the phone. i told myself i would never go back to a wm phone but this phone blew me away with all of the excelent features and customization factor.
    and it can take a 8gig micro card and i listen to my satellite radio on it too on a set of bluetooth headphones
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all of the replies! I've had the PPC 6700 (hated it) and Treo 700wx. I went out on a limb with the Centro. I've grown to like the phone but I've always thought about going back to a wm device. Palm is giving me a hard shove as they have not updated their OS. I have to buy programs for EVERYTHING where as I didn't have to spend much on my 700. Sigh, I'll be switching over by the end of the year. How much do you think this thing might go for? I'll include red Centro smart phone (minimal blemishes), 1 normal stylus and 2 of the plastic stylus, 2 sync cables, possibly one travel charger... and anything else that came with it. I won't include the micro sd card. I have butler, treo launcher and a few other programs, though I'm not sure how to change ownership over or if it's allowed for that matter.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I got lucky and picked up my 800w from Craigslist from a Sprint employee that won it in a monthly contest. Sold my Centro with a bluetooth GPS for $200.
    My first smartphone/ppc was the 6700 on Sprint. I fell in love with it right away. I loved the large keyboard, the large screen, wifi, and especially the ability to customize it to do whatever I wanted. You simply don't have the option with a Palm. I then had a Centro for less than two months and couldn't stand POS (which stands for something different to me after using it). I did get addicted to the front facing QWERTY keyboard so the 800w was a perfect fit - Windows Mobile, wifi, and front facing keyboard. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by mintedcoin
    The keyboard is easier to type on, the screen is larger and sharper among the other pluses. The PPC sMMS app works flawlessly after paying the $5 fee.
    I completely agree with every word. I use RealVGA for even more screen real estate and it runs very stable for me even with UltimateLauncher and lots of today screen plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by gottria
    For me the Centro does everything the 800w does
    I can't agree w/ this simply because I NEED wifi. I spent a lot of time on campus and they provide wifi where my EVDO wouldn't get to. Thats my situation. It just depends on your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by gottria
    IMO the screen is much better on the Cento, much brighter but smaller.
    The screen on the Centro is brighter, not better. The 800w has a physically larger screen w/ higher resolution and if you add RealVGA there is simply no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69
    this phone blew me away with all of the excelent features and customization factor.
    Dido

Quote Originally Posted by Kiesha
    I've had the PPC 6700 (hated it)
    Just curious, what didn't you like about it? (besides it being huge w/ a massive antenna sticking out of it?)
  9.    #9  
    Just curious, what didn't you like about it? (besides it being huge w/ a massive antenna sticking out of it?)
    Ironically, my best friend always sung praise about the treo (she had a 600 and 650 @ that time) so much so that I started to hate it. So I went after the PPC ...I hated the make up of the phone. I thought that the sliding keyboard would be cool but I found it annoying. The keyboard was too flat. I was never able to lock my screen. So many times I'd disconnect the call by mistake. Just personal peeves I suppose. I tried the treo and fell in love. I hated admitting to my friend that she was right.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I got lucky and picked up my 800w from Craigslist from a Sprint employee that won it in a monthly contest. Sold my Centro with a bluetooth GPS for $200.
    Well, I don't have a bluetooth gps... so I suppose maybe $100-120?
    Quote Originally Posted by kiesha View Post
    Well, I don't have a bluetooth gps... so I suppose maybe $100-120?
    I've been checking ebay regularly over the last month looking for a new phone and a Centro with its original packaging in good condition easy fetches over $100. Hopefully I can get mine posted by the end of this week.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiesha View Post
    I have to buy programs for EVERYTHING where as I didn't have to spend much on my 700.
    i used to think this was the case too....keep googling, theres a few spots where you can get almost every app for free