1.    #1  
    This is one of my only hesitancies against the Treo Pro. Can WinMo keep up?

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Quote Originally Posted by naked View Post
    This is one of my only hesitancies against the Treo Pro. Can WinMo keep up?

L
    There are way more apps for WinMo than for iPhone & co. I agree that they're mostly not that beautiful and sometimes only work decently with a stylus, but you can do real heavy stuff on a WinMo device. Have a look on PocketGear.com or Handango.com
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    There are way more apps for WinMo than for iPhone & co. I agree that they're mostly not that beautiful and sometimes only work decently with a stylus, but you can do real heavy stuff on a WinMo device. Have a look on PocketGear.com or Handango.com
    Those are the sites that I have been looking at. But, the App store and Marketplace don't just provide easy access to programs, they create a different programming environment. From what I've been seeing, it really keeps the cost down, bleeding edge innovation isn't something that lives deep within a cult forum, and it helps the device take that step away from being tied to a PC.

Seems that most WinMo apps are $10 and up. Where as a lot of iPhone apps are free or a few bucks.

Just some thoughts.
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Ten bucks or free for games. 900 of the 1000 apps in the Apple store are games. There are very few productivity apps for iPhone, and Apple doesn't seem to want to change that.
    I have to say, I got a lot of very cool apps with iphone for free and some for $.99 that did alot, some very productive. They are not all games. Looking at the prices of WM6 apps rmeinds me of all the Palm OS apps that are expensive. OK one big thing I miss about my Iphone but am happy I moved on. Cheap apps.
    Where are the turn by turn stand alone gps programs(s@ for the iPhone?

-D
    I just went to Handango today to look for updates. OF COURSE WM can keep up, in fact it far surpasses the App Store in terms of serious robust apps.

Apple blocks developers from improving on the limitations of it's Mobile OS X, WM DOES NOT!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    WM is WAY ahead of the Iphone and of course google. WM apps are not only more usefull, but they actually enhance WM usability. Apple as outlawed any app that actually makes the Iphone OS better.
    Apple is just so egotistical thinking they have it right and no one else dare to try to improve their "perfection".

Even Google allowed an enhancement on it's lack of Exchange support.
    http://gizmodo.com/5065685/android-g...hird+party-dev

However Google supposedly started removing apps from their app store too. Weird.
    http://gizmodo.com/5066078/google-ta...-weird-deja-vu

P.S. Update on the removal of apps Google's app store. The actual release date being the 22nd means the store may not have been ready for prime time yet, so they had to redo and tweak some things.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 10/21/2008 at 04:12 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have almost a hundred WM apps and most of these can't be found on the iPhone platform. HOWEVER, I'd say over 90pct of these have not been updated in over 6 months. The iPhone (and even RIM) have managed to get some decent deals w/ content providers.

I have seen very few compelling new WM apps in 2008 except for the new browser class and Kinoma. That does make me worry that when WM7 comes out, we might be stuck with a lot of broken apps and no developer support to provide fixes. At that point perhaps the other platforms will be able to better compete for functionality.
    The better known WM apps update on a timely basis. And those are the only ones I use because I know the developers are still working on improving them.