1.    #1  
    Maybe it has been a long day, but how did Palm miss not having a : on the keyboard?

It would seem, especially with an internet device that this would be required.

Did I miss something...?
    Alt
  3.    #3  
    ahh..look at that, never noticed it before

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
    Maybe it has been a long day, but how did Palm miss not having a : on the keyboard?

It would seem, especially with an internet device that this would be required.

Did I miss something...?
    Press Alt followed by center button.
    although not much faster I'd prefer option K to be a colon vs. a semicolon...how often does one use a semi colon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem View Post
    Press Alt followed by center button.
    Alt-Enter is an even easier combination
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    although not much faster I'd prefer option K to be a colon vs. a semicolon...how often does one use a semi colon?
    You can remap that with MagiKB Lite
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    I use Magikb Lite and can wholeheartedly recommend it. The best feature is enabling press-and-hold for capitals and double-click for the alternate symbol. Attached is my keymap file which is customised to the Treo keyboard with a few of my own tweaks - instead of $ (I'm a Brit!), : is double ., _ is double " ".
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    +1 on that, I've had the same thought many times, funny thinking on Palm's part.
    Quote Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
    +1 on that, I've had the same thought many times, funny thinking on Palm's part.
    First, one little known shortcut to the : that is actually faster than <option> <k> is to press <ALT> <SPACEBAR>

Second, the reason it makes some sense to use the ; on WM devices, is that MS Outlook uses the ; as the address separator for multiple email/SMS addresses.

Of course, I agree that I still use the : much more often, but like I said, the little known shortcut works FASTER than using the option key, so I think Palm got this right. They just never told anyone.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    First, one little known shortcut to the : that is actually faster than <option> <k> is to press <ALT> <SPACEBAR>

Second, the reason it makes some sense to use the ; on WM devices, is that MS Outlook uses the ; as the address separator for multiple email/SMS addresses.

Of course, I agree that I still use the : much more often, but like I said, the little known shortcut works FASTER than using the option key, so I think Palm got this right. They just never told anyone.
    Aha, thanks for that at least I know there was a thought behind it. )

And the spacebar alt is easy enough too!