Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Could someone please tell me why when ever I watch video and use bluetooth to listen to sound, there is always a lag of the video behind the sound. I have tried watching video on Kinoma, Windows Media Player, and Sprint television. All of them have lag that makes watching video impossible. I had the 700wx and Hannips A2dp hack and had the same problems. Does anyone know the best specifications to encode video so that I can watch it on the 800 and use bluetooth??? Thanks.
    Last edited by amhernan3; 10/17/2008 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by amhernan3 View Post
    Could someone please tell me why when ever I watch video and use bluetooth to listen to sound, there is always a lag of the video behind the sound. I have tried watching video on Kinoma, Windows Media Player, and Sprint television. All of them have lag that makes watching video impossible. [...] Does anyone know the best specifications to encode video so that I can watch it on the 800 and use bluetooth???
    The culprit probably isn't the video.

My recommendation is to try playing it on you phone on its speaker, and on a PC. If the sync is good in those cases, then the sync problem is being introduced by either (1) your phone's A2DP implementation, (2) your Bluetooth audio device's A2DP implementation, or (3) some combination of the two.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    I watch Sprint TV quite a bit and listen with bluetooth, Jabra BT8010, and haven't experienced any noticable lag. Haven't tried the wired headset but the speaker on the back seems to be in sync when I've used it.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Can't say I've noticed any lag when playing video that has audio going over BT.
  5.    #5  
    I'm using the Jabra 8010's also. I don't understand. Is there something I need to change with the settings or should it be ready to go out of the box? I have watched the video's with the plug in headphones that came with the phone and on the CP and the videos are perfect. Only messed up on the phone while on Bluetooth. Any ideas would be great. Maybe I'll try a hard reset and try video on it with no additional programs on there. What do you all think?
    I didn't have to do anything special. Are you having a connection speed issue? I know when I'm roaming, the video is really choppy so I don't even try to watch it a whole lot.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  7.    #7  
    Not in roaming. I was connected thru wi-fi. but that shouldn't matter when I am watching video files from my phone. Could it be a bad earpiece since it happened on both 700 & 800?
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    I watch Sprint TV quite a bit and listen with bluetooth, Jabra BT8010, and haven't experienced any noticable lag. Haven't tried the wired headset but the speaker on the back seems to be in sync when I've used it.
    My answer is the same. The 8010 works great with no lag.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  9.    #9  
    okay, I tried the 800 with my bluetooth pioneer car stereo and I still have significant lag watching videos. any ideas to fix this would be greatly appreciated. could it be the prog that I have. SPB Diary, PocketPlus, Mobile Shell, treoalerts, weatherpanel. could any of these cause this prob. i
  10.    #10  
    Okay, Now I just did a hard reset to see if it was one of the programs that was causing the lag and the audio still lagged behind the video. WTF. It seems I am the only one that suffers this.
  11.    #11  
    I just installed Hannips program to change the bit settings of the audio quality and set it to the lowest quality and still have lag. Anyone...anything at all?
    If you've had the device less than 30 days...I'd return it for another new one. Or I guess you can try and invoke the 1 year warranty...
  13.    #13  
    So you think that it is a hardware issue. Not a video format issue?
    I can't understand why you're having a problem.

I guess you could try using a trial copy of software like Kinoma Producer, to try and make a little something and see if it plays properly with Kinoma Freeplay. I mean what Kinoma Producer makes is supposed to be perfect in terms of video format. So assuming you still experienced the problem, that would more strongly indicate an issue in your Treo 800w or your BT device.
  15.    #15  
    I went to the sprint store today and tried watching their floor model with my 8010's and it also had lag. I just don't understand how I am the only one with lag. Sound is always about .5 sec behind the video. No one else has this. Sorry for seeming desperate but I only have 3 days to return the phone for a new one but I really don't want to have to do that if the phone isn't the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by amhernan3 View Post
    I went to the sprint store today and tried watching their floor model with my 8010's and it also had lag.
    In that case, have you tried with a different headset yet? What if the headset is the problem?
  17.    #17  
    Okay, Now I went and bought another set of BT headphones, the Plantronics voyager 260 and they still have lag. Darnell-I am not trying to be arguementative but are you saying that the words and video match up perfectly? I just don't understand how I can try a different phone (the floor model at Sprint Store) and three different BT devices and all of them have lag on both MP4 movies and Sprint TV. Is there any difference in the audio and video. My audio is like a split sec slower.
  18.    #18  
    I found articles that said that BT isn't fast enough to transfer audio and video in sync but the articles are old (2007). So did you guys who are watching in sync video buy your BT devices recently? I am hoping they have more up to date equipment then mine. I bought my 8010's when they were 140$. Just did a firmware update so hopefully that fixes it.
    Greetings,

If I understand right, I can watch video and audio over bluetooth? I wonder if it works with my AVIC-D3 in-dash unit. I use it for bluetooth phone calls from my 800w..and it's flawless. I can even use voice Command for initiate calls!!

But is it possible to view video/audio also?.....and how??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  20.    #20  
    If your indash stereo has A2DP then it will allow you to stream from your phone but if you want to listen to audio on from your phone while watching video, the audio lags about .5 sec behind video so it kind of sucks. At least that is the prob I am having but it seems no one else is.

Firmware update: Didn't work, still have lag. Worse though is now my BT headset is a piece of doesn't work right either. Won't reconnect after turning off, automatically goes into pairing mode and struggles to come out of it. For those with the Jabra BT8010, don't do the firmware update. You've been warned!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast