1.    #1  
    I received my Pro a couple of days ago, and so far I am really happy. I am coming from a 700wx, centro, and I owned an 800w for a few days. Here are my thoughts.

Keyboard: better than the Centro because it is bigger. Better than the 700 because the keys aren't as rounded. Not as good as the 800w, but close. I am typing without difficulty.

Speed: I am so happy that we finally have a device that is faster than the WM5 era. Still not as fast as WM2003, but a definite improvement. When I put my 700 next to the Pro, I can open apps much faster on the latter.

Screen: Beautiful. Responsive touch screen, nice resolution. Size much nicer than the Centro.

WiFi: Fastest connection and fastest surfing I have ever done on a PDA.

I hope Seidio can produce a holster soon! I am very happy with this device.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    I received my Pro a couple of days ago, and so far I am really happy. I am coming from a 700wx, centro, and I owned an 800w for a few days. Here are my thoughts.

Keyboard: better than the Centro because it is bigger. Better than the 700 because the keys aren't as rounded. Not as good as the 800w, but close. I am typing without difficulty.

Speed: I am so happy that we finally have a device that is faster than the WM5 era. Still not as fast as WM2003, but a definite improvement. When I put my 700 next to the Pro, I can open apps much faster on the latter.

Screen: Beautiful. Responsive touch screen, nice resolution. Size much nicer than the Centro.

WiFi: Fastest connection and fastest surfing I have ever done on a PDA.

I hope Seidio can produce a holster soon! I am very happy with this device.
    Happy for the speed? I am from 650, so you can imagine how disappointed I am.

I have to wait for almost 5 seconds to open my contact on Treo Pro! On 650, that's just a blink!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper23 View Post

I have to wait for almost 5 seconds to open my contact on Treo Pro! On 650, that's just a blink!!
    Well, you should have tried a WM5 phone. You would be amazed at the difference!

I have two main programs with large databases, one being Epocrates, a drug reference, the other being Phatnotes. The Treo Pro opens both faster than equivalent programs on my Centro and 700wx w/wm6.0.

I keep all of my contacts on a single note, so I don't have to wait for a large database to pull up. Works for me!
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    I echo what PDAholic's experiences. In general, Treo Pro is the BEST in WinMo class of SmartPhone... Again, people may feel different about iPhone or other "toys"... As far as WinMo concerns, Treo Pro is the best in my experience.
    Yep. I have also started keeping lots more information in Excel spread sheets for the handiness perspective.
    ... in addition publicid comments, I love the flush screen of the Treo Pro. Finally Palm are getting things right this time.
    regards, Bill
    Mobile Tech. Support Consultant

Device/Gadget History
    3comm palm pilot pro->palm 505m->Tungsten e2->Treo650(sold)->Treo680->O2 XDA Stealth (sold)->Treo 500 ->Treo750v -> Treo Pro
    Optus Singtel Pty Ltd (c)
  7. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper23 View Post

That's one of the few things that puts me off the Pro. The chipset is disappointingly outdated and slow. Even HTC have moved on. Would have been much better if they'd used a 624MHz Marvel like the Samsungs, instead of using up what was left in HTC's old parts bin.
    I am confused. Treo 650 was long ago for me... But My contacts open up instantly on the Pro, no? I mean instantly and I have 2,500 (by accident).
    It is much faster than my 650 replacement the 755P.

My god the sound quality difference between the 650 on TP is enormous.
    Yeah, I got to jump on this bandwagon - easily the best WM phone I have ever used. Fast, great sound quality and I love the fact people actually want to hold and play with MY phone for once! Nothing is perfect, but this is darn close.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I am confused. Treo 650 was long ago for me... But My contacts open up instantly on the Pro, no? I mean instantly and I have 2,500 (by accident).

Instantly? I don't think I have over 1000 contacts, btw, how to figure out the contact number and size of contact file?
    What happen is I went from a 650 to a 755P easy contact transition. Then to an iphone, (and never moved my contacts). I did a stupid thing, I synced my Treo 755p with Outlook and it moved 8 years of Treo contacts into my Outlook and my 10 years worth of outlook contacts on to my 755P. I was stuck so I synced my TP and they all moved on to it. I am a tedious process of cleaning the whole thing up.

I really like working with contacts on the Palm OS much better.

Outlook gave me the number of contacts, the size of the file? I am not sure.
    I totally loved my 750.
    All I wanted was a little more internal memory and GPS.
    Everything in addition is a bonus.
    I am a happy treo Pro owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post

If you have a soft reset, then open your "contact" for the first time, see how many seconds? Usually the first time takes very long, but if you keep it running at the back, it will be instantly open after.

I think people here are complaining the first time open up.
    I just got my Treo Pro today. I set it up with T-Mobile, It connects to their 3G network. Everything seems to running fine so far. WiFi works. GPS works. So far I am really happy with it.