1.    #1  
    First i did a search but didn't see anything so. Is it possible to reset phone without pulling battery out? I think i seen a post on that but not sure where and would greatly appreciate it if it is possible. Just want to be able to reset without pulling out of case and pulling battery out. You know always wanting to work smarter not harder.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Seems amazing, but true so far, no one has found a way to soft reset without pulling the battery if your device locks up and you can't use a software utility to do so.

I've tried every key combination I could dream up just for kicks, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Mostly I ended up just opening a bunch of programs. The good news is that pulling the battery cover does get easier over time, and at least so far mine is still snug when it's on (no risk of coming off accidentally).
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Only way to reset phone without battery is with a program. There are more than a few out there. Some are part of bigger suites or programs, but this one just does a reset and it is free:

http://classic.pocketgear.com/softwa...l.asp?id=14504

I'm sure others will post their favorites.
    I have Memmaid and SKTools installed which both can soft reset the device. SPB Mobile Shell and bunch of others do as well. Im sure there are freeware programs that have it.
    Here's a thread full of suggestions: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=172481

Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Seems amazing, but true so far, no one has found a way to soft reset without pulling the battery if your device locks up and you can't use a software utility to do so.

I've tried every key combination I could dream up just for kicks, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Mostly I ended up just opening a bunch of programs. The good news is that pulling the battery cover does get easier over time, and at least so far mine is still snug when it's on (no risk of coming off accidentally).
    No Windows Mobile does not have a Ctl + Alt + Del option .

I know I've had older model Treos where there was a small button that could be pressed to do a soft reset, but getting to that button required opening the battery cover, so just as much work as opening the cover to pull and reinsert the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I know I've had older model Treos where there was a small button that could be pressed to do a soft reset, but getting to that button required opening the battery cover, so just as much work as opening the cover to pull and reinsert the battery.
    If Palm was smart, they'd put it on the outside of the device. The reset button on my Mogul was on the bottom of the device and it was really easy to access. Having to yank the battery when the device freezes is a PITA.
    When it comes to resets, Palm has always made it a pain to do. I doubt there is a patent on having the reset button outside the device that is preventing Palm from doing it that way, but Palm continues to make it hard to do.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you all first off. Well i have spb mobil and will try to figur out how to reset it using that first then move on to my other choices you have given me. If any of you have spb mobil please feel free to advice how you reset it. Once again ggreatly appreciate te help.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaw900r View Post
    Thank you all first off. Well i have spb mobil and will try to figur out how to reset it using that first then move on to my other choices you have given me. If any of you have spb mobil please feel free to advice how you reset it. Once again ggreatly appreciate te help.
    I think it's in the Tools section.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  10.    #10  
    Works gr8 t/y very much. Located in spb tools soft reset.