Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have no problem paying, I just don't want to have to switch cards! I several apps running on my card . I may call Garmin and Tom Tom and see if it would be possible to either get an unlock code for a card or maybe download the thing, although that may not be realistic. I'm using the trial version of Telenav and it's just ok. When driving to my house it thought my home was on the wrong side of the street. That could be a problem going someplace I'm not familiar with.
    I called Garmin today and they said there was no way to use their product on my sd card. But I called Tom Tom and they said if I bought their DVD I could install it on my SD card! I would guess one could do the same with Garmin or iGO8 if available on DVD. If not, I may go with the TomTom software. They were both knowledgeable and helpful on the phone and even told me I could get a better deal on-line!
    Quote Originally Posted by azlarry View Post
    I called Garmin today and they said there was no way to use their product on my sd card. But I called Tom Tom and they said if I bought their DVD I could install it on my SD card! I would guess one could do the same with Garmin or iGO8 if available on DVD. If not, I may go with the TomTom software. They were both knowledgeable and helpful on the phone and even told me I could get a better deal on-line!
    Thanks for being the trailblazer on that one. Lots of good info, there.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I would guess one could do the same with Garmin or iGO8 if available on DVD.
    This was the question I posed earlier (#13). AFAICS Garmin & iGo-8 only come on memory card.
  5.    #25  
    ... I would guess one could do the same with Garmin or iGO8 if available on DVD. ..
    No. If you get the DVD version of the Garmin it will look for Garmin Hardware (aka Garmin ONLY Brand of Bluetooth GPS). It will not let you use the internal GPS chipset in your phone.

With that being said, there are cracks out there for both Garmin and iGo to allow you to use their software without it checking for a Garmin or iGo brand SD Card. However, I think that $125.00 is worth the price of an 8GB card preloaded with iGo8 (OCN8). It runs perfectly on my Treo Pro and I am happy to support them.

-D
    Last edited by CrozB; 10/28/2008 at 01:55 PM.
    Well, then Tom Tom gets my business. I ordered the Navigator 6 and will report back how it does. I may have to change the GPS settings as I have mine set up for WLS. Com=none and managed by Windows. If I remember the GPS settings thread correctly I may have to go to Com 4. By the way, Garmin said they only have a 2gig card.
  7.    #27  
    Well, then Tom Tom gets my business. I ordered the Navigator 6 and will report back how it does. I may have to change the GPS settings as I have mine set up for WLS. Com=none and managed by Windows. If I remember the GPS settings thread correctly I may have to go to Com 4. By the way, Garmin said they only have a 2gig card.

Let us know how you like TomTom!!!

You are correct, Garmin does only have the 2GB card. iGo used to only come on a 2GB card also, but they listened to their users request and got the larger cards.

TomTom is good, easy to use software but I hated the fact that you could not navigate around the map without going into the menu > Map mode. I want to be able to, at anytime, drag the map around without having to go in to a menu first. There are a few other things I donít like about TomTom such as its simple user settings. For example, TomTom will not allow you to turn off the auto zoom feature.

iGo (ONC in the States) lets you adjust just about any and every setting in the advanced setting from Auto Zoom to 3D features. Things that it wonít let you change there you can change/hack in the SYS.TXT file. It also has a great user based support forum.

Every program has its advantages and disadvantages. It is very unfortunate that most GPS software does not allow a 30day trail to help you decide.

-D
    I have Igo8 and loaded it but when i go to launch it i keep getting 320 x 320 error. Anyone else have this problem that can help fix it? t/u
    Quote Originally Posted by kaw900r View Post
    I have Igo8 and loaded it but when i go to launch it i keep getting 320 x 320 error. Anyone else have this problem that can help fix it? t/u
    Yes. I bought OCN8 when I first picked up my STP based on this thread. I don't what's different between the unlocked GSM and the Sprint version, but I got the same error. I contacted support at OCN and they said simply that res isn't supported and to return the software for a refund.

I posted about it in one of the other GPS threads, but should have posted it here also.
    I'll tell ya, I was hesitant of TeleNav at first, but the longer I use it the more I like it. I am really hooked on TeleNav now, even though I have to pay $99 a year for it, it's well worth it. Everything works perfectly on it. I even found a new Chinese restaurant by my house
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Garmin XT works great also. TT6 works also, but you have to install another GPS utility to help it find the built-in GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    Yes. I bought OCN8 when I first picked up my STP based on this thread. I don't what's different between the unlocked GSM and the Sprint version, but I got the same error. I contacted support at OCN and they said simply that res isn't supported and to return the software for a refund.

I posted about it in one of the other GPS threads, but should have posted it here also.
    So does this work on the unlocked gsm or the sprint treo version. I've got a lunlocked gsm treo pro and want to purchase this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kaw900r View Post
    It works on the Sprint Treo Pro. What version of igo do you have? 8.3.2.xxx?
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I'm using Garmin XT. It works beautifully.

I really liked when I was heading to an Island and it told me to turn right and then drive onto Ferry....classic....and correct.
    I am trying to run version 8.3.2.71348. It starts to load i get the Inintial screen with the city an 2 diamonds then it gives me the 320 error. Can you send the folder that has the 320 resolution in it working. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have telenav working but would like to test with Igo 8 to see the 3d look. t/y
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12