Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I must be snakebit. I ordered and received the 2600 battery from Seidio, and there was a problem with it. I called them, and they sent out a replacement, but it has/had so little charge in it, that the battery won't charge at all in the Treo. I would like to run to a sprint store and pick up their spare battery/charger combo, so I can charge the 2600 battery, but I don't know if the bigger battery would fit. Does anyone know if the 2600 Seidio battery fits in the sprint oem battery charger? Thanks
    Just put the new battery in your 800w, plug it into the wall charger, leave the phone off, and let it sit.

It will probably take 45 minutes to an hour to "come on" if the battery is fully dead. It takes a while to get that initial charge started some times.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    that should work, even if the phone looks completely dead with the new battery, including no LED?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    that should work, even if the phone looks completely dead with the new battery, including no LED?
    Did you try it?
    Why ask when it only takes an hour to just try it and find out yourself?

And yes, it should work. All electronics can charge the battery from full dead.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    While I did not try it starting from a dead phone, when I first got the battery last night, it had enough power to turn the phone on. I then plugged in the oem wall charger, but it never indicated that it was charging, the battery icon never changed to charging, and the battery level stayed at 0%. During the night, the phone went completely dead, although I am not sure for how long. So yes, I can sit here an hour and see what happens, but from my experience last night, I have doubts.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    While I did not try it starting from a dead phone, when I first got the battery last night, it had enough power to turn the phone on. I then plugged in the oem wall charger, but it never indicated that it was charging, the battery icon never changed to charging, and the battery level stayed at 0%. During the night, the phone went completely dead, although I am not sure for how long. So yes, I can sit here an hour and see what happens, but from my experience last night, I have doubts.
    Are you plugging it into the wall wart or into a USB cable?

If the battery light does not come on, the phone is not charging.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I use the oem wall wart at home, here at work, i used a 3rd party wall wart, both of which has had zero issues charging the oem battery very quickly.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Ok now, after an hour and 15 minutes on the charger, the phone was still dead. So, I pulled the charger out of the 800w and then plugged it back in. The phone immediately booted up, and now the battery level says 4%, but there is still no indication that it is charging at all, the LED is not on, the battery icon does not indicate charging, and I do not here the charging beep if i unplug the charger and then plug it back in. I almost think I was better off with the phone dead, as it at least seemed to cause the battery to go from 0 to 4%. Do I have another clunker battery here?
    It's possible. Not sure why it wouldn't be charging....very odd....

Sounds like you've done everything you can. The only other thing I can think of is to make a backup, then hard reset. Before the phone boots (after the hard reset) swap from the OEM to the Seidio battery. That way the OS is booting fresh on the new battery.

It may be that there's a cached battery setting that the OS is freaking out on, or possibly a 3rd party app that's causing problems.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I can't explain this at all. After watching the battery drop from 4% to 3%, even with the charging cable plugged in, I soft reset the phone for about the zillionth time since I got this battery. I used SPB Pocket Plus's soft reset button, and I left the charging cable in. And, now, for the first time since I got the battery, the LED is on, the battery icon shows it is charging, and it is up to at least 5%. I am thinking that perhaps the phone just has issues with a battery level below 5%. Or perhaps somehow something in my particular configuration of settings and programs causes it to have issues with a level that low. Now at least, I have my fingers crossed that the battery will continue to charge. (now at 7%!! woo hoo
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Did you install the 800w charging update from Palm? I believe an issue was identified in which some folks were unable to charge from a dead battery.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    yes, i have that installed for quite a while.