1.    #1  
    The attached file will allow you to use the side key for normal key assignments (note this is the side key assignment, not the side (hold) key assignment). With AE Button Plus you'll be able to assign single, double and triple clicks to the side button, while still preserving the system's side (hold) assignment of Voice Command, if you assign it that way.

If your favorite registry editor cannot import *.reg files, then you can do this manually.

Edit the registry by whatever means with which you are most comfortable to create a new key and values as shown below:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C7]

"Icon"="\windows\shellres.dll,-8263" (string value)
    "Default"="\Windows\Camera.lnk" (string value)
    "ResetCmd"="\Windows\Camera.lnk" (string value)
    "Name"="Side" (string value)
    "WndCls"= ""(string value)
    "BtnWnd"=00000000 (dword)
    "ResetFlags"=00000000 (dword)
    "Flags"=00000000 (dword)

The quotes (") or equal signs (=) are not entered, of course.

Good luck!

As an aside, CellNueron gets credit for this, but his registry edit failed for me in WM 6.1. I have not fully researched why, so I'll just tell you that, for me at least, this hack works for WM 6.1 and his worked only for WM 5 and WM 6.

Also, for convenience's sake, I went through the button assignments of 40C1 through 40C6 and changed the "Name" value as shown below to be 700WX specific and thus more meaningful when changing the function(s) associated with the button:

button 1 = Start Menu (you might chose "windows" as the key name, it's a matter of personal preference)
    button 2 = OK
    button 3 = ctrl + Green
    button 4 = ctrl + Start Menu (you might chose "ctrl + windows" as the key name, it's a matter of personal preference)
    speed = OK (hold) (also seems to be ctrl + OK, so label it either way, or both)
    record = side (hold)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by westronic; 10/14/2008 at 06:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    The attached file will allow you to use the side key for normal key assignments (note this is the side key assignment, not the side (hold) key assignment). With AE Button Plus you'll be able to assign single, double and triple clicks to the side button, while still preserving the system's side (hold) assignment of Voice Command, if you assign it that way.

If your favorite registry editor cannot import *.reg files, then you can do this manually.

Edit the registry by whatever means with which you are most comfortable to create a new key and values as shown below:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C7]

"Icon"="\windows\shellres.dll,-8263" (string value)
    "Default"="\Windows\Camera.lnk" (string value)
    "ResetCmd"="\Windows\Camera.lnk" (string value)
    "Name"="Side" (string value)
    "WndCls"= ""(string value)
    "BtnWnd"=00000000 (dword)
    "ResetFlags"=00000000 (dword)
    "Flags"=00000000 (dword)

The quotes (") or equal signs (=) are not entered, of course.

Good luck!

As an aside, CellNueron gets credit for this, but his registry edit failed for me in WM 6.1. I have not fully researched why, so I'll just tell you that, for me at least, this hack works for WM 6.1 and his worked only for WM 5 and WM 6.

Also, for convenience's sake, I went through the button assignments of 40C1 through 40C6 and changed the "Name" value as shown below to be 700WX specific and thus more meaningful when changing the function(s) associated with the button:

button 1 = Start Menu (you might chose "windows" as the key name, it's a matter of personal preference)
    button 2 = OK
    button 3 = ctrl + Green
    button 4 = ctrl + Start Menu (you might chose "ctrl + windows" as the key name, it's a matter of personal preference)
    speed = OK (hold) (also seems to be ctrl + OK, so label it either way, or both)
    record = side (hold)
    I updated the buttons in my beta 4 WM6.1 rom.

Beta 4 Build 20755 - http://www.4shared.com/file/67048047..._Napaboth.html
    CE OS 5.2.20273 (Build 20755.1.4.0)
    Beta 3 with the following changes.
    Removed WWAN
    Removed GPSID
    Removed Catalog (Not sure why I included this to begin with...)
    Added SDHC Support (This needs to be tested. I don't have an SHDC card. If you buy me one, I'll test it. JK...)
    Button Settings now match Treo 700wx hardware.
    Several Registry changes (These were done to bring it more inline with 20755.)
    Bluetooth ActiveSync still not working...