Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    What I said Palm has a history of delays. This means it happens with soem frequency.
    Palm delays US Treo 750 into oblivion
    Great example. What you forgot to mention was that less than 2 months later (a month and 8 days) the 750 was released. Not exactly a huge delay, now is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    You two bicker in every thread. I thought I was annoying but you guys take the cake.
    You know what? You're right. There's a simple solution for that, and one I should have taken a long time ago.
  2. #42  
    lol

    Notice anything in the list below?

    http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/sp...its_proba.html


    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol

    Notice anything in the list below?

    http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/sp...its_proba.html

    Was just about to post that screen shot :-) yeah..so I guess it's (Treo PRO) coming to Sprint after all.

    BigMots
  4. wckesq's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #44  
    [rant]
    DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU VZW!

    I am really sick of Sprint getting all the new stuff. [/rant]
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol

    Notice anything in the list below?

    http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/sp...its_proba.html

    Nice post Mal. I have mixed feelings though.

    1. The Treo 800w has the best keyboard I've used on any Palm device, which list includes 650, 700p, 755p, 750 (work supplied Treo) and Centro. I don't mind the Centro keyboard, and prefer it over the hard to press keys of the 750. But the keys on the 800w are just awesome to me. I'd hate to give those up.
    2. I like the rubberized paint of the 800w better than the slick surface, as the Pro reportedly has.
    3. A no brainer is having the 3.5mm audio input as does the Pro.
    4. 800w has a graphics accelerator, which reportedly speeds the device up. Mine is virtually never sluggish. I've read that the Pro can be. Under spec'd in this regard?
    5. The Pro is a much more attractive design that the 800w, IMO.
    6. I've owned the 800w since July. If I really wanted to move to the Pro, how sucky would that be that Sprint just got the 800w a few months ago and already they add another device, which excludes those of us who just signed up another two years due to the 800w. That may be the biggest reason I have mixed feelings.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    Nice post Mal. I have mixed feelings though.

    1. The Treo 800w has the best keyboard I've used on any Palm device, which list includes 650, 700p, 755p, 750 (work supplied Treo) and Centro. I don't mind the Centro keyboard, and prefer it over the hard to press keys of the 750. But the keys on the 800w are just awesome to me. I'd hate to give those up.
    2. I like the rubberized paint of the 800w better than the slick surface, as the Pro reportedly has.
    3. A no brainer is having the 3.5mm audio input as does the Pro.
    4. 800w has a graphics accelerator, which reportedly speeds the device up. Mine is virtually never sluggish. I've read that the Pro can be. Under spec'd in this regard?
    5. The Pro is a much more attractive design that the 800w, IMO.
    6. I've owned the 800w since July. If I really wanted to move to the Pro, how sucky would that be that Sprint just got the 800w a few months ago and already they add another device, which excludes those of us who just signed up another two years due to the 800w. That may be the biggest reason I have mixed feelings.
    Hi,

    I agree with your points (1) and (2). In particular, the keyboard is the biggest issue for me. I've used a friend's Centro and didn't like the keys overly much. However, perhaps the slightly wider KB would make it better for me.

    Even if the Pro has a slicker look (and I try to reserve judgment until I see items myself), the KB would be the main reason to not change....well, and the price, given that I'm new to the 800w. I'd need something to really drive a change, and the lack of new features means that I have no real impetus to switch.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  7. #47  
    I can't believe that people complain about the surface of the Treo Pro. Does no one use Invisibleshields? Spend an extra $20 and have a surface vastly superior to the 800w that will never scratch and is guaranteed for life.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    I can't believe that people complain about the surface of the Treo Pro. Does no one use Invisibleshields? Spend an extra $20 and have a surface vastly superior to the 800w that will never scratch and is guaranteed for life.

    Some people dont like cases or skins, I'm one of them. I love the feel of the 800w and hate the slippery pro.

    I wont be upgrading because the keyboard on the 800w is so much better than the pro. The pro lacks soft keys which are very important to the operation of some of my apps. The pro is slow compared to my 800w (at least the one on ATT that I played with was.)

    I can live without the 3.5mm stereo jack and a little more battery life.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Great example. What you forgot to mention was that less than 2 months later (a month and 8 days) the 750 was released. Not exactly a huge delay, now is it?
    The question was your assertion that I had claimed that Palm was "riddled with delays. I had said they had a history of delays. There are scores of articles in the trade press ab out Palm delays. That is a history of delays. If you disagree with the trade press that is fine.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Some people dont like cases or skins, I'm one of them. I love the feel of the 800w and hate the slippery pro.

    I wont be upgrading because the keyboard on the 800w is so much better than the pro. The pro lacks soft keys which are very important to the operation of some of my apps. The pro is slow compared to my 800w (at least the one on ATT that I played with was.)

    I can live without the 3.5mm stereo jack and a little more battery life.
    I think there are more differences than the jack and the battery. I would also urge you guys to try the gsm pro keyboard. It is much nicer than the centro's
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I think there are more differences than the jack and the battery. I would also urge you guys to try the gsm pro keyboard. It is much nicer than the centro's

    Agreed it is nicer than the centro.

    In my book keyboard ratings on a scale of 1-10
    Centro 2
    Pro 4
    700p 8
    800w 9
    redfly 10

    The 800w keyboard blows away the pro
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  12. #52  
    I would switch just to get decent earpiece sound quality.
    I might have to drop my 800 in the toilet to swap.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    I would switch just to get decent earpiece sound quality.
    I might have to drop my 800 in the toilet to swap.
    Correct. The 800w can't be used as a phone because of the defective hardware. Now that Sprint has admitted to the fatal GPS bug, swapping for free should be easy. No toilets needed.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Correct. The 800w can't be used as a phone because of the defective hardware. Now that Sprint has admitted to the fatal GPS bug, swapping for free should be easy. No toilets needed.
    I have never had a problem using my 800 as a phone. Call quality is great with my speaker or BT.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I have never had a problem using my 800 as a phone. Call quality is great with my speaker or BT.
    No worries. Everyone here knows that nsxprime has ranted against the 800w since it came out. No one pays much attention to him.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    No worries. Everyone here knows that nsxprime has ranted against the 800w since it came out. No one pays much attention to him.
    Feel free to stop posting then. Oops.
  17. vMAC's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Correct. The 800w can't be used as a phone because of the defective hardware. Now that Sprint has admitted to the fatal GPS bug, swapping for free should be easy. No toilets needed.
    I find it funny that you consider the 800w defective hardware because the GPS doesn't work the way you would like it too; but when people say that the PRO is too slick you claim they should go buy a invisblesheild. Well to anyone who needs standalone go buy a GPS.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    I find it funny that you consider the 800w defective hardware because the GPS doesn't work the way you would like it too; but when people say that the PRO is too slick you claim they should go buy a invisblesheild. Well to anyone who needs standalone go buy a GPS.
    When the Mogul first came out on Sprint its GPS didn't work as advertised. Between Sprint and HTC, that eventually got fixed. I believe Sprint will work with Palm in fixing it on the 800w. Rumor is that a ROM is in the works from Palm to address these minor complaints. Of course, there is no fix for nsxprime.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    Of course, there is no fix for nsxprime.
    Maybe there will be a ROM update for him. Or better yet, a complete recall.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Maybe there will be a ROM update for him. Or better yet, a complete recall.
    ROFL, oh good one there.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions