Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Mal, there is no way its worse than the 800. I will even put up money.

I have a few more bugs to add but will wait to post them into a new thread.
    I'll take you up on that bet.
  2.    #22  
    Ok, we do a friendly $20 PayPal wager. If I have to charge it twice to get through the day you win, if not I win. I will be honest, its 20 bux, not going to break me. If it can't Im sticking with the 800. So once Im past 30 days and still with the 800 you win. Im not a slider fan so the Touch Pro may not be for me anyway. Honestly if Palm could give us an update on a few issues I would not even consider leaving it.
    Ok, we do a friendly $20 PayPal wager. If I have to charge it twice to get through the day you win, if not I win. I will be honest, its 20 bux, not going to break me. If it can't Im sticking with the 800. So once Im past 30 days and still with the 800 you win. Im not a slider fan so the Touch Pro may not be for me anyway. Honestly if Palm could give us an update on a few issues I would not even consider leaving it.
    That's not what you said!

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Assuming the Touch Pro is perfect i.e. no bugs (which is obviously impossible) the one thing that will be it's Achilles heel will be battery life.

Rated at 3.75hrs, that will be even more tough to deal with.
    Mal, there is no way its worse than the 800. I will even put up money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    528mhz dual processor; large VGA screen, double the RAM, g & light sensor and only a 1340mah battery (if I remember)...I dunno, all of that doesn't come for free. HTC can't squeeze water from stone.

I mean they are telling you straight up: 3.75 hrs of use. That's the 6700's RTT.
    Numbers mean nothing to me. Nobody is getting the 800 advertised numbers. It can't be worse than the 800, it can't.

Now lets try this:

Enable/connect everything (and I do mean everything) on the 800w and Touch Pro. Make a call, and leave it connected until the battery is dead. See which one dies first.

That'd be the only semi-reasonable way of testing it. Simply basing it on how often you have to charge isn't really a fair test, all too often we change our habits (even--especially--unintentionally) when we know our circumstances change. I know I've changed mine since I moved from the 700wx to the 800w, I catch myself doing all sorts of stuff I never would have even considered with my 700wx (and I often drained the battery on that sucker in less than a full day).
  4.    #24  
    Well it doesn't look like Im getting the Touch Pro after all. Sprint made a mistake with my account and I do not have this Treo in a 30 day trial. Looks like I will be keeping the Treo at this point. Just going to have to deal with the battery and hopefully can fix my other beef's.
  5.    #25  
    No ActiveSync for me. It won't recognize a connection. Right now I'm making the changes on the device then manually updating Exchange with ActiveSync. My laptop us useless with my device. This blows!
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    No ActiveSync for me. It won't recognize a connection. Right now I'm making the changes on the device then manually updating Exchange with ActiveSync. My laptop us useless with my device. This blows!
    Why are you trying to use Exchange AND ActiveSync? Or perhaps a better question is...what are you trying to do?

It's hard to help you when you give no information about what's happening when you complain about something.
  7.    #27  
    Well I'm trying to ActiveSync with my laptop so I can use Outlook without having to do it on my device all the time. Nothing I do with Outlook will sync to my device. I'm using a work around by making changes on the device then syncing with Exchange so they are final. Does this make sense?
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12