1.    #1  
    I want to know if there is a way to have a button push to disconnect data connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeriginal View Post
    I want to know if there is a way to have a button push to disconnect data connection.
    Well, if you had a program that killed the data connection, you could associate that with a hard button. I don't believe you can associate it with the hard button alone.

My Touch Diamond has the option to terminate the data connection when I hold the End key, but that's with the custom HTC software. I'm sure something could be made for the Treo.
    Do you have an Exchange account installed on your device?

Before I hooked up my Exchange account it would not dial until I checked email or opened up IE. It was real nice and my battery actually lasted 2-3 times longer. Now its constantly dialing. I would like to find a fix for this myself.
    I was looking for something just like that but the only solution I could find was MortScript. This is kind of a Rube Golberg approach but you can write a MortScript that enters the keystrokes to actually turn off the PowerVision/Data connection. My newest blog article includes such a script. Check it out here: hackernotcracker.com
    that's what I did on my 750. Use mortscript to connect & disconnect internet.
    AE Button plus will do what you want. You can assign the side button to do multiple things, click, click and hold, double click and triple click. Makes a super side button.

I have disco data on my double click. Works perfect.

And on a side note, if you set the single click to AE Button Plus's Task Manager, you will NEVER use another one. Its simply the best... IMHO of course. Give it a try.