Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I was shipped my Pro on Friday from Dell and it was supposed to be delivered today. Well after playing phone tag for an Hour, I was told by DELL that they had stopped the shipment and I would be credited back due to the fact that the unit was defective.

Now the Lady I spoke to did not know anything, but I asked the ususal questions, such as could I place a second order, to which I was told no, they did not have any more at this time to sell.

I know this probably isnt what anybody wanted to hear, but its what I was told.

Has anybody else gotten theirs from Dell? Has anybody heard if there is a problem with the Pro?
    Last edited by jr3153; 10/13/2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Title Change
    Sounds like it's gotten splashed by a truck or something like that.
    Do not think a TP recall would be Dell only.

It sucks you apparently got the last one.
    Treo Pro Playtime
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I contacted Dell and tried to get more information. After asking several questions, basically I was told that the manufacter of my product (Palm Treo Pro) had recalled the product and that was why they had stopped my shipment (It was literally a few miles from my hand!)

She did not know the exact reason why, only that it had been recalled by the manufacturer. As of right now, I still see it on their website, but I am curious if anybody else has ordered it and or heard the same thing.

I know being a newbie here is skeptical, but i assure you I really wanted my phone today! Now I have to wait for Dell to refund me my money so that I can attempt to get another.
    Last edited by jr3153; 10/13/2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: new information
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Well, no other reports are a good sign. The only other thing I can think of is Palm recalled the product back from Dell since Dell was selling them so cheap!

As soon as Dell gives me my money back, I am going to Palm. Saving 50 bucks in this case was not worth it, though I will say that Dell's customer service was real nice and very helpful with working the issue and getting the information.
    Be careful with Dell. As a regular Dell order and something goes wrong they lie like crazy as to the reason, things don't ship.

I recently ordered a PS3 from them at a dirt cheap price, it never shipped, they claimed they never sold a PS3. I showed them a screen shot (which I always keep now) they suddenly found my order and told me they were never getting anymore (which was a lie too). But I complained at them and they ended up giving me several hundred of a Canon40D.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I am hoping that is not what it is, but who knows. They were real quick to give me my money back so to speak. I have to wait the standard 3 to 5 business days, however I would have expected them to try and keep my business and money had they had the ability to, i.e. send me another phone, however they never did.

After talking to Fed Ex, who told me to call the shipper DHL, who told me to call Dell, then sitting on the phone about 30 minutes while the rep called the companies, the Rep came back and said we apologize but we are having the shipment returned and you will be having your money credited back.

Oh well, either way like I said, I am going to just order from Palm when I get my money back. Just wanted to warn people who this info may have helped, but evidently its just me.
    I can only assume they've never shipped one to you because they didn't have them in stock. Probably just for advertising and getting new customers in.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Yeah, and if Palm hears from this and it turns out they're just keeping you busy with b******t about a recall they'll get sued as well for spreading rumours.
    Treo Pro Playtime
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I did see a post where another person ordered from Dell and received it without an issue. I did a little research and I saw where this has occurred to Dell Customers before where it ships, but is then recalled. Best I can tell I think they might have "flagged " my account due to a recent move without changing my account info..

Anyway, I am putting this to bed on the Treo sites, as I believe it to be an issue with Dell and Me and nothing to do with the Treo Pro. I just wanted to help people avoid an issue if possible. Thanks again for the information.
    Last edited by jr3153; 10/15/2008 at 12:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Well, I spoke to Dell again today, and it was infact stopped by them due to a verification issue, not a Treo Pro Issue. I apologize for giving out bad info.

Long story short, they sent it out to me prior to receiving their "verification". Well on Monday, My bank was closed, so they could not get their "verification" and tagged the shipment to be returned. Funny thing though, yesterday they received my money! Anyway they are in the process of returning my money and I will probably just order from Palm.