Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    how do you mute the ringer when you are receiving a call?

on the treo 750 i used to press any button the keyboard and it would mute it and on any other phone you can press the volume button which would mute the ringer.
    unfortunately none of that works on my treo pro
    yep, unfortunately...
    Same for vibration only, if a call in, you even cannot stop the phone vibrating!

You can see how stupid Palm developer is.

Such an important and simple feature, nearly all the mobiles around the world have, Palm disable it in Treo Pro, designed for successful businessman!
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Well, the Treo Pro manual says:

To silence the ringer while your
    smartphone is ringing, do one of the
    following:
    • To immediately silence all system
    sounds including the ringer, slide the
    Ringer switch to Sound Off . All
    sounds remain off until you slide the
    Ringer switch back to Sound On .
    • Press the Volume button.
    Press any letter key. (Don’t press Phone/
    Send , End , Alt , Start ,
    OK , or the 5-way.)

However, I agree that pressing a letter key does not stop the ringing. This is clearly a bug.
    Noticed this today as well. Was on the house phone and my cell started ringing, had no way to keep it quiet.
    Last edited by Bad Ash; 10/13/2008 at 07:43 AM.
    how do we make this part of the immediatly needed bluetooth firmware fix?
    Contact palm and let them know this is something you want fixed.

palm.com/us/support/treopro/t850una_unl/?prop5=smartphones&prop6=treo%20pro&prop7=unlocked&events=event17&eVar2=smartphones
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I did this last night. The support agent reproduced the problem and promised to escalate it.
    Maybe this will help? On the Treo 800W pressing the center key of the D-pad will silence the ringer without sending the caller to vm.
    Quote Originally Posted by brichter21 View Post
    Maybe this will help? On the Treo 800W pressing the center key of the D-pad will silence the ringer without sending the caller to vm.
    Just tried it.
    Didn't work.
  11.    #11  
    this is a huge problem. its such a basic thing to be able to mute an incoming call instead of rejecting it.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The manual also says pressing the volume rocker will silence the call, but nope...
    bug
    I'm also having trouble stoping the missed call on screen notification. Is it time to just start returning the devices???????
  15. kmg
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    I'm also having trouble stoping the missed call on screen notification. Is it time to just start returning the devices???????
    Aside from changing the settings in "sounds and notifications", I'm not aware of a way to stop the second "notification" that you missed a call. It's a side effect of Pocket PCs morphing into mobile phones.
    kmg
    This 'work around' works for me:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=16

You can silence the ringer by hitting the side volume button, and it doesn't send it to Voicemail.

I like it better anyway, because you get the traditional ppc volume controls back.

For replacing the battery meter, I use 'Battery Gauge'
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    I'm also having trouble stopping the missed call on screen notification. Is it time to just start returning the devices???????
    Is this your first - first day phone release?
    Don't worry, it will be taken care of.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    This 'work around' works for me:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=16

You can silence the ringer by hitting the side volume button, and it doesn't send it to Voicemail.

I like it better anyway, because you get the traditional ppc volume controls back.

For replacing the battery meter, I use 'Battery Gauge'

thanks, but this solution is pathetic... don't know why palm is just waiting for waves of return instead of upgrading their new baby asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper23 View Post
    thanks, but this solution is pathetic... don't know why palm is just waiting for waves of return instead of upgrading their new baby asap.
    The Ringer not Silencing like it should is a shame.
    But some here like having the traditional PPC controls anyway.
    So just in case others wanted to know; it does give us a 'work around' for the meantime.

Just call me Berd.
  20.    #20  
    so doing the volume hack will make the side volume buttons silence the ringer?

what about the issue with the ringer going to zero, is that a problem on the pro?

i remember doing the hack on the treo 750 and it wasnt very stable.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast