Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Whether or not the issue is "important" is personal so can we just stop the debate back and forth.

The manual says it should work and it doesn't.

Bern what exacly is the work around...................

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    Whether or not the issue is "important" is personal so can we just stop the debate back and forth.

The manual says it should work and it doesn't.

Bern what exacly is the work around...................

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The Ringer not Silencing like it should is a shame.
    But some here like having the traditional PPC controls anyway.
    So just in case others wanted to know; it does give us a 'work around' for the meantime.

Work Around:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=16

It's a feature I use anyway.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    This will not help everyone but I've been using PhoneAlarm on my Pro which is a really great program in my opinion and just realized the one-click mute option can be set up to mute an incoming call's ring so it still rings through normally until VM picks it up. Not at all to say Palm shouldn't fix the feature but it may be a workaround for anyone that's using PA.
    I guess I forgot mention the set up I suggested as a work around, allows
    one hit of the side volume button to mute the ringer on the incoming call.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    I too am not able to get it to work the way you suggest. What "Letter" worked for you?
    I haven't been able to replicate it with any key, I'm afraid. No idea why it seemed to work the first time...
    :-(
  6.    #46  
    berdinkerdickle: i applied the hack but pushing the volume buttons on the side still wont mute the ringer.

what am i doing wrong
    All I did was this:
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    The battery icon is evil from palm. There are tons of battery meter which just take 2 pixels on top and free. Most importantly, sometimes you may need the speaker icon to adjust sound using stylus. Spb pocket plus, smartkey and AE button plus also need the speaker icon to adjust volume.

1. Download the attachment, extract it.
    2. Connect your pda to pc
    3. Copy the extracted file to \windows\ of your treo 750 using activesync. When it prompts overwriting, answer is "yes".
    4. Reset your treo 750.
    5. You may miss call because the ringer volume always down to zero. You can avoid it if you know how to turn off the volume service using task manager v2.7. Please download task manager v2.7 or memaid, going to service, find the "volume service (VOL0)", stop it and set as manual it.
    6. All done.
    I didn't do the "Updated" suggestion of:

Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Updated: if you go to the notification and open the event of "phone, known caller" or "phone, unknown caller", the ringer volume will always down to zero again, even you don't change anything. Please download the ringtone0.zip and import the reg file if this does happen to you.

Below is the BatteryIndicator.zip that needs to be unzipped and then used to replace the existing BatteryIndicator.exe

I will do a HR, do nothing but this hack, and see if it still works.
    I'll post back in about 10 min.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just call me Berd.
    Yea, Just did a Hard Reset, and did nothing but the above, and it works.
    I called my phone with my wifes, when my phone began to ring, I hit the side volume button, and it silences the ringer on my Pro, doesn't send it to VoiceMail.
    So a quick question, does it silence the ringer and stop the vibrating or just the ringer?

Thanks
  10.    #50  
    i did the same thing as you (no ringtone0.zip replacement).
    did you also do the task manager manual setting of volume service?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigneeker View Post
    i did the same thing as you (no ringtone0.zip replacement).
    did you also do the task manager manual setting of volume service?
    Yes,
    I did all but the ringtone0.zip.

So a quick question, does it silence the ringer and stop the vibrating or just the ringer?

Thanks
    I'll check and post back.
    Just call me Berd.
    Goodnews and Badnews

Badnews:
    This hack disables the vibrate switch, all it does is switch sound on and off. The only redeming feature is we still have vibrate, but only thru the typical ppc method.

Goodnews is both vibrate and sound are stopped and the caller isn't immediately sent to VoiceMail

I got so used to toggling my TYTN from sound off, sound on, and vibrate using AeButtons that I tend to forgot about that vibrate switch at the top anyway.

Sorry if this doesn't work for you guys. I just stumbled across it setting up my Pro the way I like it.
  13.    #53  
    update: just did a soft reset and now it does mute the ringer

im very happy because it solved two problems i had. the muting of incoming calls and also it gave me back control of 3 profiles (all sound off, all sound on with vibrate and no sound but vibrate). without it i had to install annoying profile switchers that were slowing down my treo,
    Good to hear.

Did it disable the the Vibrate Switch on top of your pro?

I'm with you on this setup, it gives me back the options I had on my 8525.
  15.    #55  
    yea it did but unfortunately it is also a little buggy.
    currently i have it set to OFF and it still vibrates. normally on any windows mobile, OFF means no sound, no vibrate.

this is really annoying, i thought i had found a solution to my profile issues. i need silent when i sleep
    Everthing has been working fine for me.
  17.    #57  
    do you have "vibrate when ringer switch off or on" checked? maybe thast why my treo pro vibrates even though i have volume switched to OFF
    Sorry Berd, this is driving me knuts.

I did hard reset
    copied new icon to the windows directory
    did a soft reset.

Speaker is on top row but side volume buttons don't do a thing.

What am i missing?
    Last edited by ewhip; 10/28/2008 at 01:34 PM.
    Sorry Berd, this is driving me knuts.

I did hard reset
    copied new icon to the windows directory
    did a soft reset.

Speaker is on top row but side volume buttons don't do a thing.

What am i missing?
    Not sure,

Maybe if I break the instructions down a little:

1. Download the attachment, extract it.
    (That is to mean; take the BatteryIndicator.zip and unzip it. You should now have a BatteryIndicator.exe.)

2. Connect your pda to pc
    (I put it on my card so I could have it for later)

3. Copy the extracted file to \windows\ of your treo 750 using activesync. When it prompts overwriting, answer is "yes".
    (I used Resco and copied to my Windows folder. I got a message asking if I want to overwrite. I said yes.)

4. Reset your treo 750.
    (I used a Reset app)

5....clip... turn off the volume service using task manager v2.7. Please download task manager v2.7 or memaid, going to service, find the "volume service (VOL0)", stop it and set as manual it.
    (I used Task Manager v2.7)

6. All done.
    (I then Reset again using Reset app)

Are you having trouble with #5?

Here's #5

Click drop down arrow to get to services

Services

Stop Services & set to Manual

Notice on my pics that the choice to start and set to auto are my choices, because I already have mine stopped and set to manual.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/28/2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added pics
    Just call me Berd.
    Yes, number 5, didn't know i needed to.
    Trying it now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast