1.    #1  
    Team,

How do I watch youtube on the WM 6.1 TREO 800w. I have installed the tcpmp.poctetpc and the flashdrive bundle but its still not working, when I go to youtube, it gives me an error saying "crash.txt"

Help, please. THank you!
    There are several threads in this forum with some detailed instructions on getting the tcpmp flash bundle to work. If that doesn't work, you could try vtap, Skyfire, or Kinoma FreePlay.
    Quote Originally Posted by moabdul7 View Post
    Team,

How do I watch youtube on the WM 6.1 TREO 800w. I have installed the tcpmp.poctetpc and the flashdrive bundle but its still not working, when I go to youtube, it gives me an error saying "crash.txt"

Help, please. THank you!

Yeah i noticed TCPMP doesn't run on the treo 800w at all, however CorePlayer works fine and is able to stream youtube videos just fine. CorePlayer by corecoded i think
    TCPMP does run on the 800w. You just need the correct version.
    you can also get the opera mini 9.5 beta for a browser, it does a good job with youtube, and like alli said kinom play works very well also
    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    you can also get the opera mini 9.5 beta for a browser, it does a good job with youtube, and like alli said kinom play works very well also
    Note that Kinoma Play and Kinoma FreePlay both have unparalleled support for YouTube.

For anybody who wasn't aware, both products allow you to log into your personal YouTube account to view, play, add, and rate your Favorites, watch your Subscriptions, etc. Kinoma Play even allows you to upload new videos.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Has anyone ever tried to upload a video using Skyfire?

Skyfire allows full YouTube access to the native YouTube pages as far as I've used it, but I never have tried an upload.
    People keep asking all the time how to do this, and here's the full instructions (again for that don't search the previous threads): http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...ashVideoBundle
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Note that Kinoma Play and Kinoma FreePlay both have unparalleled support for YouTube.

For anybody who wasn't aware, both products allow you to log into your personal YouTube account to view, play, add, and rate your Favorites, watch your Subscriptions, etc. Kinoma Play even allows you to upload new videos.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma works well, but there are too many YT videos that have sound incompatibilities. Kinoma hasn't responded on these issues so I can't recommend it at the moment.
    Really? I haven't found a single youtube video through Kinoma where I didn't get sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Really? I haven't found a single youtube video through Kinoma where I didn't get sound.
    Ok, maybe "many" was too strong, but there are quite a few.
    I'd love to use Kinoma more for YT and other services if they ever added an option to skip that annoying 2-minute file search on startup.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I'd love to use Kinoma more for YT and other services if they ever added an option to skip that annoying 2-minute file search on startup.
    Thats why I un-installed it. I couldn't stand that.

Skyfire did not act well with my phone. After installing it, my phone started locking up, a lot, and it didn't go away until I un-installed it, then ultimately did a hard reset.

I'll try TCPMP as I'm also looking for a YT viewer, and I've used it on other devices.
    Can you provide an example of a video that has the issue?

The reason I greatly prefer Skyfire over Kinoma for YouTube, is because Skyfire allows me to navigate YouTube.com just as I do with my desktop web browser.

I think Kinoma might have a means to avoid that startup search in the paid version, but I don't know, do you know if that's the case Skfny?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Try m.youtube.com on your Treo's browser. You should be able to view the videos.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecc View Post
    Try m.youtube.com on your Treo's browser. You should be able to view the videos.
    Mikecc, that does not work with the Treo 800w using Pocket IE. I mean the videos won't play. That site does work on the Treo 800w when using Skyfire, as does YouTube.com.

Or were you responding to someone who is using a special application with the site?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Can you provide an example of a video that has the issue?

The reason I greatly prefer Skyfire over Kinoma for YouTube, is because Skyfire allows me to navigate YouTube.com just as I do with my desktop web browser.

I think Kinoma might have a means to avoid that startup search in the paid version, but I don't know, do you know if that's the case Skfny?
    I don't know about the paid version- I would hope if that is the case, they would have at least responded to myself or their own forum threads.
    The paid version still sorts through all your files when you open it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    The paid version still sorts through all your files when you open it.
    In the Kinoma dev team, I know some did, but I'm just wondering what percentage of the Kinoma development team said in their internal meetings "guys we really need to make an option to avoid that sort feature for users who want it"... (I'm giving them to benefit of the doubt, that SOMEBODY recognized forcing auto-sort every time might be a bad idea.) I was hoping at least paying customers didn't have to deal with it if they didn't want to.

Well Kinoma has something to do for their next version .

Still it's a cool application, I still like it and being able to pull up Shoutcast with it is great, but they've got to do something about that forced search/sort issue. We're using more space than back in the day.
    Kinoma works well, but there are too many YT videos that have sound incompatibilities. Kinoma hasn't responded on these issues so I can't recommend it at the moment.
    Can you send me the support issue number? II'll be glad to look into why you didn't get an answer. (Most likely, the response got trapped by an over-zealous spam filter.)

Also, can you point me to a couple videos with the "sound incompatibilities" you saw? (Thanks!)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks