Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    We have 2 Pros, running identical software, only noticeable difference is which Exchange server we're syncing with and what BT devices are paired. One of them has no problem whatsoever with Sprite Backup (either the lite version bundled with the phone or the most up-to-date licensed version). The other, however, ALWAYS fails in its backups - hangs within the first MB of writing the file.

Anyone have similar experiences?
    There's already a thread on this.
    Search Sprite in this forum. If I find it, i'll post link.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    On my 750, I had problems with Sprite and a PQI MiniSD card. When I replaced the card with a SanDisk, the problem went away.

I'm using Sprite (full) with a SanDisk MicroSD on the Pro and it works fine.
    There are other options out there as well. Could always try SPB Backup. That works well.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I like Sprite much better than SPB Backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    I like Sprite much better than SPB Backup.
    When I had my previous devices I did like using SPB Backup - always worked really well for me, this is the first time I'm actually trying Sprite since it was already on the phone.
    Here's the Thread I was talking about:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=sprite

My issue is somewhat similar to OP in that it will backup to any of my cards after a HR but as soon as I sync with Exchange it won't backup to card anymore.

Fortunately, I can backup to Main Memory and then move the backup file to card afterward.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I contacted Sprite (via their helpdesk website). Their recommendation was to install 6.2.2 OVER the in-ROM version, then uninstall (to force clear out registry settings, etc.) - THEN install 6.5. I'm not 100% confident this will work, but I'll give it a shot.
    I just tried a backup to Card and this time it worked.
    That's the first time, and I didn't do anything different - Weird.
    Just call me Berd.
    I just found when I tried to manually backup, the pre-installed Sprite Backup hang up in the first several MB. (previously I have scheduled backup which works well)

I have no clue why Palm includes such crappy stuff in ROM?!
    Mine only works this first time after HR.
    I've even tried the Full Version available from Sprite and have the same issues.
    I just figured it's my Card.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Mine only works this first time after HR.
    I've even tried the Full Version available from Sprite and have the same issues.
    I just figured it's my Card.
    my card is Sandisk MICRO SDHC card class 6.

I just installed the trial version of latest sprite backup 6.5, and it works very well. So it looks like Sprite didn't give Palm a good version??

The problem now is 1) I have to pay 2) After installing 6.5 into device instead of card, I have two versions of sprite backup now: 6.1 and 6.5, both can be started in TP. I wish Palm could allow me to uninstall the old one since it DIDN'T WORK AT ALL!
    Did you get the palm discount for 6.5?