1.    #1  
    I'm tired of choosing software between these two categories, some software claims it's for smartphone but not suitable to treo pro, some claims it's PPC but still not suitable to treo pro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtreo View Post
    I'm tired of choosing software between these two categories, some software claims it's for smartphone but not suitable to treo pro, some claims it's PPC but still not suitable to treo pro!!!
    Here is a direction answer:
    http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windowsmobile/

Treo Pro is Packet PC in this case...
    The term "smartphone" in the windows mobile world means a device with no touch screen. You always need to select "PocketPC" or "Windows Mobile Professional", never "Smartphone" or "Windows Mobile Standard".
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    The term "smartphone" in the windows mobile world means a device with no touch screen. You always need to select "PocketPC" or "Windows Mobile Professional", never "Smartphone" or "Windows Mobile Standard".
    Ovan is 100% right. For purposes of choosing software, the Treo Pro has a touchscreen and is thus a "Pocket PC" and it runs "WM Professional"
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  5.    #5  
    thank you, guys! very helpful! I just thought smartphone is sth like a hybrid between pda and phone and sounds very "smart".

And ppc is more like traditional winCE PDA in the old world, without phone functions.

Anyway, my perception was confused.