1.    #1  
    Feel the system is quite slow, hope to find out which software is running automatically at startup, how? thanks!
    One place to look: windows\startup and then with an application such as MemMaid, browse around its options and those things will be displayed.
  3.    #3  
    thanks!!

In startup, there are service.lnk and poutlook.lnk, delete or not?
    No, these are necessary and they're not the cause of a slow device generally speaking (unless you have thousands of contacts, tasks, etc).

There is another place where processes get started: Services. You need to explore the registry to view and disable them. However, disabling the wrong services might make your TP unusable.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Poutlook.lnk has been GONE from my device since my going with FlexMail. I never though about getting rid of services.lnk. I believe it plays with the closing of applications.

What is in my startup folder:

QuickMenu (optional) you can delete it and if you wanna run the application, you have to use File Explode to get to the application and run it that way - it will then create another link.

SpbBackupRunner.lnk (optional) - needed to make SPB Backup run automagically.

TA.lnk - (optional) - needed to make Treo Alerts run automagically.

Voice Command (optional) - this is the Bluetooth joy program - needed to run automagically.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    No, these are necessary and they're not the cause of a slow device generally speaking (unless you have thousands of contacts, tasks, etc).

There is another place where processes get started: Services. You need to explore the registry to view and disable them. However, disabling the wrong services might make your TP unusable.
    Thanks! So may I know the place where processes get started in reg? I want to have a look at disable some coz the TP is kinda slow now.