Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Any suggestions on a good SD card for the Treo Pro? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I'm running the Sandisk 8G micro-SD card with no problems. I got it as part of package with a SD and USB reader for $40.
    Just get a class 6 card, getting slower a slower one (2/4) you will regret it for those few dollars more.
    Got the Sandisk Ultra MicroSD 8GB. Includes usb reader as well.
    Last edited by Fintan; 10/12/2008 at 08:59 AM.
    Treo Pro Playtime
    Currently using a 16GB Sandisk Ultra 2 and experience no problems or lags (however it's actually 15.9 GB once formatted)
    regards, Bill
    Mobile Tech. Support Consultant

Device/Gadget History
    3comm palm pilot pro->palm 505m->Tungsten e2->Treo650(sold)->Treo680->O2 XDA Stealth (sold)->Treo 500 ->Treo750v -> Treo Pro
    Optus Singtel Pty Ltd (c)
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I found a 4GB class 2. Thats all I could find locally. I dont have a lot that I use the card for, but I want to have the space if I need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TronTreo650 View Post
    Currently using a 16GB Sandisk Ultra 2 and experience no problems or lags (however it's actually 15.9 GB once formatted)
    16 GiB ??
    This card is not listed on the Sandisk website.
    Ultra II is only available for compactflash and normal sized sdhc.

Assuming the OP is asking for a microsd which would fit in the TP, 8 GiB is the max at this time.
    Treo Pro Playtime
  7. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    16 GiB ??
    This card is not listed on the Sandisk website.
    Ultra II is only available for compactflash and normal sized sdhc.

Assuming the OP is asking for a microsd which would fit in the TP, 8 GiB is the max at this time.
    It's been announced--availability is just limited for the time being...

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC...luding-Adaptor)

I'm still looking for a vendor here in the US for it (Best Buy was mentioned in one article, though I'd like to find a better price)...
    Found a couple vendors on e-bay last week in the $85-$90 range for the 16gb micro. Mine should be here tomorrow.
    Yes I see it now.

Performance will be horrible though - it is a class 2.
    At 2 Mb/sec, it will take 2+ hours to fill it.

Ok only to backup, definitely not for using as a media player.
    Treo Pro Playtime
    Works just fine for music...lots of music. Upload time to the card from the pc could be faster but the quantity is well worth it imho. I haven't tried simple video on it yet though and I'm not one who stores whole movies to watch on my phones 2" screen.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I have been using a Kingston 8GB class 4. I have not seen a significant lag when reading/writting to it, this including transfer of files over BT to and from my laptop.

I got the memory from Newegg and it was a great deal: you get the 8GB card, two adaptors for SD and mini SD slots and a very compact USB reader.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    How are guys formatting your cards?
    Do we have a choice in formats?

Everything sdhc will be FAT32 i would think.
    Treo Pro Playtime
    Is it good bad or otherwise to install/run programs from the card in MinMo? I'm new to it.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    It depends on what the program is. If it's something that has "hooks" into the OS such as a calendar or alarm program, put it in main memory. If it's something you won't start often and is large, such as a game, you can put it on the card. If you put programs on cards, you would do well to pay for a higher "class" (4 or 6) SDHC card which will be faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Do we have a choice in formats?

Everything sdhc will be FAT32 i would think.
    Thanks,
    my question was more of how would you format your card if you had to.
    You see, I have 3 cards and I can't get sprite to backup to any of them.
    I've tried formatting them fat32 at different cluster sizes and everything, and I can't get sprite to backup to storage. I thought if I could format the card in my treo it might help.
    But both with resco and sktools, I get a message that the cards are locked. I'm so confused because I have the same issue with all three cards. which all work fine in my 750.
    So then I thought it might be my pro.
    But I just got a replacement because of another issue, and I'm having the same issues with sprite and the new Pro.
    I've even tried downloading the full version of sprite and that doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I assume you are using the cards with an adapter in the 750.Since resco and sktools also say the card is locked, it isn't a Sprite problem. Can you open the file explorer, go to the card and create a new file or directory?

Resco Explorer has a Format option for the storage card.
    I can write to the cards just fine. Infact what I'm doing as a work around, is I sprite backup to internal, and then in file explorer I move the backup to card.
    That's another reason I'm baffled.
    So far, the only place I can format all 3 cards is on my PC.
    resco says it's locked and sktools fails.
    I've kinda given up and just doing my work around.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    That sounds like the problem I had with a PQI MiniSD card on the 750 - similar symptom.