1.    #1  
    Hey everyone!

Alright, so I got my Treo Pro today, and what can I say. I'm in love. Again! This is my third Treo, and after the 750, I briefly had the Blackberry Curve 8310.

And that's when I first experienced True Push email technology! Someone sends me an email, it shows up, instantaneously. I'm notified by the LED flashing, and a star is placed on the email account I have new mail in. It doesn't get better than that.

I had the Treo 750 before the Pro, and tried, with no real success, to also get Push email worked out. I also own an iPhone 3G, and I have not gotten to the point where it did true Push email, although it advertises it. I'm sure it does somehow, and I simply haven't really delved into exactly what needs to be set up in order to accomplish this on Windows Mobile (never mind the iPhone).

So...Push email by way of Microsoft Exchange, right?? How do I do this?? Seriously. I have email accounts from live.com, aol.com, gmail.com, and me.com, amongst others. How do I implement this??

It's been suggested to me that I check out mail2web, and this service called seven. I have no real understanding how those two services achieve this. I need an Exchange account, do I not? Where do I get one?? Is there any additional cost involved?? I wouldn't mind if there was a reasonable fee, just to get this to work.

I really want to see this happen, a la Blackberry style, or at least close to it.

Thanks everyone!
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Hey everyone!

Alright, so I got my Treo Pro today, and what can I say. I'm in love. Again! This is my third Treo, and after the 750, I briefly had the Blackberry Curve 8310.

And that's when I first experienced True Push email technology! Someone sends me an email, it shows up, instantaneously. I'm notified by the LED flashing, and a star is placed on the email account I have new mail in. It doesn't get better than that.

I had the Treo 750 before the Pro, and tried, with no real success, to also get Push email worked out. I also own an iPhone 3G, and I have not gotten to the point where it did true Push email, although it advertises it. I'm sure it does somehow, and I simply haven't really delved into exactly what needs to be set up in order to accomplish this on Windows Mobile (never mind the iPhone).

So...Push email by way of Microsoft Exchange, right?? How do I do this?? Seriously. I have email accounts from live.com, aol.com, gmail.com, and me.com, amongst others. How do I implement this??

It's been suggested to me that I check out mail2web, and this service called seven. I have no real understanding how those two services achieve this. I need an Exchange account, do I not? Where do I get one?? Is there any additional cost involved?? I wouldn't mind if there was a reasonable fee, just to get this to work.

I really want to see this happen, a la Blackberry style, or at least close to it.

Thanks everyone!
    I highly recommend:

www.4smartphone.net

I've been using it for years.
    No you don't have to an Exchange account.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Try www.mobipush.com. I used that and Seven for my non-Exchange accounts and both methods worked well, although there were a couple of times that it wasn't instantaneous. Both ways allow you to get mail from your existing providers (gmail is true push, imap is polled, don't know about the others).

My work server is Exchange and that is instant. Mail2web will give you a free Exchange account @mail2web.com. You can also get them to collect your other accounts, but I don't know if that will be as quick as a @mail2web address.
    www.sherweb.com

I switched from a MobileMe account to Sherweb and am not looking back. Good prices, great customer service, etc... at least check out their site. Gives you step by step directions on how to set everything up.
    Using this one right now. Sometimes I find it disconnects, but its free and does the job

http://www.seven.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc View Post
    Using this one right now. Sometimes I find it disconnects, but its free and does the job

http://www.seven.com/
    I tried that as well and found it to be way inconsistent. Sometimes I would get the mail on time, other times it was delayed way too long. Get a real exchange account if you want reliability.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks very much for the replies so far. Alright, it sounds like I don't absolutely need one, but I would like to try to work with an Exchange account.

So alright, I get it with being able to retrieve any email account anywhere with mail2web. I have basically 4 accounts that I would need pushed in real time! One thing I don't get is why they don't make it easier to get my Windows Live account, as it is Microsoft email on Microsoft's mobile OS.

Can someone please tell me how to set up multiple accounts with mail2web, and how to set that up on WM 6.1 Pro's what, Outlook? What do I have to do on each side??

A little off-topic: I found there were updated versions of the mobile IE, and mobile Outlook available for download. Do you guys recommend I get those? As for browsing, the mobile IE really does work a LOT better than the one on 6.0. Do any of you still use Opera Mini??

I am super impressed with both this gorgeous Treo, as well as the upgrade to WM 6.1.

Let's please just get this push email out of the way.

Thank you again very much! I appreciate your time and effort! It'll make me love my Treo, and Windows Mobile a lot more, as I constantly have the comparison with how well, and effortless to setup by the way, Push email works on any Blackberry.

Thanks!
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

8.    #8  
    Ok, this is what I've found:

How do I enable Push Email on my Windows Mobile 5.0 or Windows Mobile 6.0 Device?

Answer: Please note that in order to use the Microsoft DirectPush feature, you'll need to be using a device which has Windows Mobile 5.0 with AKU2 installed or Windows Mobile 6.0. If you do not have AKU2 on your Windows Mobile 5.0 device, please contact the device manufacturer or your data service provider to request the update.

To enable Push Email, you should first go to the Comm Manager settings on your device. You will need to enable both Microsoft DirectPush and Data Services. After enabling these 2 options, please ensure that you configure your ActiveSync settings for your account. Generally, the following settings should work for mail2web Live, Enhanced Email and Business Exchange Users:

Server Name: mobile.exchange.mail2web.com
    ActiveSync Username: ***Your Exchange Email Address***
    Password: ***Your Password***
    Domain: ad2

SOO...It says to enable DirectPush in Comm Manager, but it is greyed out! It says to "configure Push Email first". Where do I do that?? And am I looking in the right place as far as setting this up.

I signed up for the mail2web LIVE service!?? Is that right?

EDIT: Alright, I have DirectPush and DataServices enabled successfully. Now, this aggregation feature doesn't look too promising, and mail2web itself says to only use it if email forwarding is now available.

Do I have to forward all of my email to my mail2web account???????????
    Last edited by CrunchDude; 10/12/2008 at 04:05 PM.

Crunch Dude,

I don't have the Pro but I do have a 750 with Win Mob 6.0 so I'll try to help as much as I can. I use Windows Live on my 750 and the email is pushed directly to the phone when it comes in - so Windows Live is true direct push. You can go to the Windows Live website via your phone's browser and download the Live app if it isn't already on your phone. You don't need and can't use Exchange to push your Live emails to your phone.

I also get my work email on the 750. My company uses Exchange and as a result I'm able to get my work email pushed directly to my 750. I receive emails in real time. I say all of that to say that you can do it on the Pro. Good luck.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    If anyone is interested in setting up a exchange account here is a good link to check out. Rates the top exchange companies out there.

http://www.exchangehostingreviews.com/