Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Can I assume there won't be any issue upgrading with the Pro when WM 7.0 comes out?

From the sneak peeks I've seen of 7.0 it looks pretty clean, even moreso than the iPhone OS.
    ?? Why would you assume that?
    Actually I had been very interested about this question myself because WM7 is coming next year (hopefully) and I would want it on my device once its out. And after $500 investment in TP, it would be a disappointment if a WM7 upgrade for it is not released. Well, all are my wishes, and speculations, till someone confirms it.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Quote Originally Posted by stuy119 View Post
    Can I assume there won't be any issue upgrading with the Pro when WM 7.0 comes out?
    It's a possibility, but I certainly wouldn't assume that.
    Given the fact that it's typicallly a year from the time an os update is released, and the carrier/manufacturer releases something for any device, I'd say if you want a device with WM 7 - buy a device with WM 7.

Or you could wait for the folks at xdadevelopers to cook up enough ROMs with WM 7 (once it's finally out) to fit your device.
    I'm feeling like release date for WM7 is gonna get pushed back lol, i recall waiting forever for my 6.1 update, but the guys over at XDA are top-notch, if we get enough people over there to show some interest.. they'll give us our own forum, with a mod section, and you'll be able to find all the roms you want :]
    Quote Originally Posted by jseeley View Post
    I'm feeling like release date for WM7 is gonna get pushed back lol, i recall waiting forever for my 6.1 update, but the guys over at XDA are top-notch, if we get enough people over there to show some interest.. they'll give us our own forum, with a mod section, and you'll be able to find all the roms you want :]
    That may be true, but I suspect that WM 7.0 will be much more processor and memory-intensive and the Treo Pro may be a little under-powered for it to run well.

In time, we'll see....
    Coming from a MS program and mobile beta tester / TechNet Plus programmer... WM7 will be out in about a year or so in beta. With the Palm Treo, the issue is not power or memory but its the STUPID STUPID screen size. With past years, Palm got by just very little but with WM7 there is an issue and it’s not so easy to overcome. Who EVER decided to pick the screen size at Palm needs to be takin out and BEAT. Programs do not run correctly with 120x120, 240x240, 320x320, and so on! With WM7, Microsoft Surface devices are already running some of the new technology that WM7 will have integrated. Basically sister and brother technology and more items in the VGA area rather then playing around with QVGA things.

My personal veiw: Palm should stay with its own systerm rather then Microsoft.