Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I would start by deleting the following 2 entries

HKCU\ControlPanel\phone\emergencymodetimeout (4292967295)
    hklm\software\microsoft\today\items\"active call"\emergency_hwind
    (2080910208)

Because those entries are not present in the OEM registry. I would bet that if you delete them, wait 5 minutes, and then do a soft-reset, all will work fine again.
    pls..how I can find the registry key entries that needs be deleted- to fix emergency call back mode..palm 800w..thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I would start by deleting the following 2 entries

HKCU\ControlPanel\phone\emergencymodetimeout (4292967295)
    (2080910208)

Because those entries are not present in the OEM registry. I would bet that if you delete them, wait 5 minutes, and then do a soft-reset, all will work fine again.
    how can Ifind the registry key entries that needs be deleted- to fix emercengy call mode..thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by BBSF View Post
    how can Ifind the registry key entries that needs be deleted- to fix emercengy call mode..thank you
    First, you need a registry editor. I like Total Commander:
    Total Commander - PocketPC

There are a number of other options out there. Search and you shall find.

Once you install it, navigate to those reg keys and have at it!

This is assuming you have some experience with regedits in windows XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by jabo View Post
    First, you need a registry editor. I like Total Commander:

There are a number of other options out there. Search and you shall find.

Once you install it, navigate to those reg keys and have at it!

This is assuming you have some experience with regedits in windows XP.
    Hi..I download "total commander"..look & and delete only:

and my phone is working again..thank you all you for your help..this is to fix a phone lock after a 911 call.
    Glad you got it!

FYI, you might want to hit the "thanks" button for those that helped you.
    Christmas Eve we were on our way to visit family, came around a curve on the country road and found a van that had wrecked and flipped in the road in front of us. I called 911 and then discovered I was stuck in emergency callout mode.

I knew Sprint would tell me I had to do a hard reset, so I quickly did a Sprite Backup, so I wouldn't lose my contacts. My most recent backup was a month old.

I performed a hard reset, which fixed the emergency call mode lockout. However as soon as I restored my backup from the day, I went straight back into emergency backup mode. Repeated the process a couple times, googled around and found that the registry would have to be fixed. Called sprint, they said I'd have to wait until after Christmas holiday was over and go into a store. Googled some more and pieced together this answer:

You need to download and install a free registry editor called:
    PHM Registry editor - you will find it at www(dot)smartphonefreeware.org/download/phm-registry-editor-0.70 (to download PHM Registry Editor 0.70 for Windows Mobile Smartphone)

Use the registry editor to follow the selections to get to the following paths and delete the value at the end (see details below to show you exactly how):

(UNDER HKEY CURRENT USER) HKCU\ControlPanel\phone\emergencymodetimeout

(UNDER HKEY LOCAL MACHINE)

This program is a bit tricky for a novice, especially. When you open it, you'll see four HKEY listings: root, current users, local machine and users. Click HKEY Current User then Control Panel, then Phone. You'll see "State" but do not click on it... instead, click on Values, at the bottom left of the screen. Scroll down to "Emergency Mode Timeout" click on it and then click Menu and Delete at bottom right of screen.

Duplicate the process for the Local Machine key.

Once you've deleted these, remove your battery to do a soft reset.

You should be able to call out after the reboot finishes.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234