Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    that is a hell of a bug..911 and your done
    It sure is. Crazy-nasty bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Oh look, I've hijacked this thread back on topic. Fancy that.

No, no hacks that effect the soft keys, just the one which causes the red button to power off.
    Good thread hijack Alli.

Now if Kaptainchump lets us know if he's got any softkey hacks going, we might be able to start establishing a pattern.

This might not be a bug.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Good thread hijack Alli.

Now if Kaptainchump lets us know if he's got any softkey hacks going, we might be able to start establishing a pattern.

This might not be a bug.
    No my treo is pretty close to bone stock. No softkey hacks.

Back at the as329: I scoured through the registry when I was having the problem and that value was set to 0, There was also another value below that which might have caused the problem. The value was called something like
    EmergencyModeTimeout or something and it had the max value set for some reason. I'm thinking this is the time that the treo is set to stay in emergency callback mode after an emergency call. Anyone care to test?

No way of really testing these things i suppose.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtreo View Post
    ...That guy should go to jail and also fix the treo problem for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainchump View Post
    Another theory dashed .

Back at the as329: I scoured through the registry when I was having the problem and that value was set to 0, There was also another value below that which might have caused the problem. The value was called something like
    EmergencyModeTimeout or something and it had the max value set for some reason. I'm thinking this is the time that the treo is set to stay in emergency callback mode after an emergency call. Anyone care to test?

No there is absolutely no way to test, given we can't make test calls to 911. But this is certainly something you should tell Sprint/Palm about. We're basically dependent on them to make sure this feature works properly.
    I can confirm that wo different 800ws dialing 911 24 hours ago are stuck in emergency call back and sprint's only solution is hard reset!
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I can confirm that wo different 800ws dialing 911 24 hours ago are stuck in emergency call back and sprint's only solution is hard reset!
    How does Palm let massive bugs like that get released? Yikes!
    Nevermind all other bugs, defects, or whatever anyone cares to call them, Palm must patch this ASAP!

here are three registry values I can see related to emergency and the values on the two locked handsets:
    HKCU\ControlPanel\phone\emergencyMode 0x(0)
    HKCU\ControlPanel\phone\emergencymodetimeout (4292967295)
    HKCU\ControlPanel\phone\onemergencycall 0x(0)

hklm\palm\carrier\cativecallplugin\displayemergencycallbackmode 0x (1)

hklm\software\microsoft\today\items\"active call"\emergency_hwind
    (2080910208)

our third 800w is traveling. anyone have different values?
    here are three registry values I can see related to emergency and the values on the two locked handsets:
    HKCU\ControlPanel\phone\emergencyMode 0x(0)
    HKCU\ControlPanel\phone\emergencymodetimeout (4292967295)
    HKCU\ControlPanel\phone\onemergencycall 0x(0)

hklm\palm\carrier\cativecallplugin\displayemergencycallbackmode 0x (1)

hklm\software\microsoft\today\items\"active call"\emergency_hwind
    (2080910208)

our third 800w is traveling. anyone have different values?
    I do not seem to have the emergencymodetimeout string

the displayemergencycallbackmode is 1 (edit: guess that's the same as our after re-reading your post)

Nor do I have the last "active call" entry either.
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    I do not seem to have the emergencymodetimeout string

the displayemergencycallbackmode is 1 (edit: guess that's the same as our after re-reading your post)

Nor do I have the last "active call" entry either.
    Did you do a full registry search for "emerg"? could you confirm this in case I made a typo in the full strings?
    Did you do a full registry search for "emerg"? could you confirm this in case I made a typo in the full strings?
    First was a visual based on the paths you noted. Just did the search you suggested and confirmed my original post....get a 2nd opinion just in case I'm an *****, before you go erasing stuff...
    I will try and just elimante the reg settings. at this point since the alternative is a hard reset anyway.
    I will try and just elimante the reg settings. at this point since the alternative is a hard reset anyway.
    True, might as well see if it works....
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Nevermind all other bugs, defects, or whatever anyone cares to call them, Palm must patch this ASAP!
    Well, hopefully someone has contacted them about it.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I called 911 on Thursday from my 800w when I arrived home to find my home had been burglarized. When I hung up there was an option on screen to hit the left soft key to exit emergency mode. I haven't had a problem making normal phone calls since.
    Same here. Right after the call ended I was asked to exit Emergency Mode with the left soft key.
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    Same here. Right after the call ended I was asked to exit Emergency Mode with the left soft key.
    That prompt times out pretty quickly. And if you don't hit that key and that key only you phone is locked down. If you are in a an emergency situation it is possible or likely you won't hit the sequence and then your phone is toast.
    Took me 4 times before I was able to dial 911 - I was that panicked. Hitting the correct button after speaking to the 911 operator was the easy part.
    Took me 4 times before I was able to dial 911 - I was that panicked. Hitting the correct button after speaking to the 911 operator was the easy part.
    Yes but the phone doesn't forbid you from making 911 calls if you make a mistake, it does forbid you from making any otehr calls if you make a mistake!

mine went out after about two seconds. Anything but the exact sequence and you are screwed. Both my wife and I, who are both fairly acquainted with mobile phones managed to lock our phones. Sprint does have a ticket on this going back months (calling for a hard reset) so this apparently happens quite often on 911.
    Nobody can predict how anyone will act during an emergency situation. We need the device to work as reliably as possible, especially in emergency situations. Not lock up because someone hit the wrong key and wants to get out of emergency mode.

Yes but the phone doesn't forbid you from making 911 calls if you make a mistake, it does forbid you from making any otehr calls if you make a mistake!

mine went out after about two seconds. Anything but the exact sequence and you are screwed. Both my wife and I, who are both fairly acquainted with mobile phones managed to lock our phones. Sprint does have a ticket on this going back months (calling for a hard reset) so this apparently happens quite often on 911.
    Once it's locked up in emergency mode, you can call 911 again if needed right?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast