1.    #1  
    Hi all, I just read a post where someone explains that we should have the feature "UMTS Compatible" on our feature list, and that the person had problems with going back and forth from 3G and GSM/EDGE when he didn't have that feature ob his/her list.

Does AT&T even recognize NON-AT&T phones on their network as far as the IMEI?? Or should I just leave my Treo 750's IMEI on there, which also has 3G, whereas my Blackberry Curve does not.

What say you, folks?
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

I had a Q9h before and my treo pro works fine. So I figure if it's not broke why fix it.
  3.    #3  
    Agreed. I just got my Treo Pro, and I'm loving it. It's a tad on the heavy side, in large part due to the high-capacity battery, but I'm not complaining.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Just got my Treo also. Been in the market for a new unlocked windows mobile phone, like the HTC Touch Diamond. This is my 7th world unlocked phone since my orignal that was free when I signed up. As for the IMEI, if you are in good standing with your account, they shouldn't give you a problem. I just flip in the GSM card and I'm good to go. I still continue to get a free phone every two years when my contract is up and sell it on ebay. Put that money toward a phone I really want. Sometimes end up, putting out very little money.
    When I called AT&T and switched my plan from the iPhone plan to the normal pda plan the guy first did ask for IMEI but then realized it was a unlocked phone and that it would show up as a unknown phone either way... so he said forget it, didn't need it.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    the IMEI is really for records and waranty if you buy a phone from them.. it does nothing in there system.. my brother and i swap phone soo much, i dont know what ones are his or are mine..

so it should not matter with att!
  7.    #7  
    well, AT&T has increased the sophistication of the IMEI to where it displays what phone you're using within an hour. this is true in my case at least.

I gave my girl a Blackberry, and she was switched to the twice as expensive Blackberry Unlimited plan and her MediaNet plan was dropped.

I need a Blackberry plan anyway. It's the same price as PDA Unlimited, with the only difference being that I can't connect to BIS/BES with the PDA Unlimited plan. The APN is the same.

I'm typing this on my new Treo and the keyboard is awesome !!

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    well, AT&T has increased the sophistication of the IMEI to where it displays what phone you're using within an hour. this is true in my case at least.

I gave my girl a Blackberry, and she was switched to the twice as expensive Blackberry Unlimited plan and her MediaNet plan was dropped.

I need a Blackberry plan anyway. It's the same price as PDA Unlimited, with the only difference being that I can't connect to BIS/BES with the PDA Unlimited plan. The APN is the same.

I'm typing this on my new Treo and the keyboard is awesome !!
    Correct, but with a unlocked phone it will not display a name for the phone. That's why I said AT&T does not need the IMEI on unlocked phones.
  9.    #9  
    Yup yup. I just looked, and it still displays the Treo 750. I wish we had this multi-SIM feature that they have in Europe, where you can have up to 3 SIM's for one number, and all phones would ring, and you choose as to which to pick up.

My dad has that, and it's awesome. No fumbling around with SIM's. I wonder what's behind the fact that we don't have that in the U.S. Oh well...