1.    #1  
    Preferably wired. I don't think there are ANY options. I just read the news (belatedly) about Seidio's decision to cancel their 3.5mm adapter.

This is bad. The GPS fiasco was bad enough, but there's not a single option for a wired headset w/ volume controls. This is even worse. Hopefully I'm overlooking something obvious.

How about A2DP headsets? I'm sure they'll kill the battery, but do they produce loud audible audio? There are some tracks that the 800w+ headset can't reproduce at a level even close to audible in even a modestly noisy environment.
  2.    #2  
    nice price.....
    but i got this one from costco....
    has a dedicated on off buton... and coulume controls.,...
    they say they will ahve firmwire upgrades.....soon...
    it currecntly supports sterio mode and
    works fine...

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1
    Motorola S9 U found on Ebay for $47 shipped brand new. That's hard to beat. Since the battery is a million times better on my Curve I pair them together. I will try them on the 800 this week.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Just a note, the S9 has two major issues. First, don't use them when working out if you sweat; the moisture causes the buttons to stop working. Second, you can't put your head back (i.e., against a lounge chair or lying on the ground, etc.) when wearing them, because the battery compartment/circuitry piece sticks right out the back of your head.

That said, when they work they're great.
  6.    #6  
    Ok, anyone have WIRED headset solutions w/ volume control?
    Once you do the simple headphone splice, you can use any headphone you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Just a note, the S9 has two major issues. First, don't use them when working out if you sweat; the moisture causes the buttons to stop working. Second, you can't put your head back (i.e., against a lounge chair or lying on the ground, etc.) when wearing them, because the battery compartment/circuitry piece sticks right out the back of your head.

That said, when they work they're great.
    That's personal preference. I have the S9 and absolutely love it.