Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. jg70124's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
       #1  
    I like the "Now" screen in SPB Mobile, but don't need the launcher. Any way to just have the one without the other - or to craft a Today screen that's similar
    to the SPB "Now" screen?
  2. #2  
    I've been messing around with SPB Mobile Shell for the past few days and I don't think that is possible. You can just add a simply today plug in but that's not what you are looking for. Once you get used to the other pages it really is nice. You can try the trial out for free. What do you have to lose?
  3. #3  
    I've had my battery drop down very fast with SPB Mobile Shell on the Treo Pro (and not on my HTC Trinity). After hard resetting and not reinstalling my battery life is much better.
    I hope SPB releases another minor update to resolve the issues.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  4. #4  
    you can remap the start button back to <start> in settings - buttons
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    I've had my battery drop down very fast with SPB Mobile Shell on the Treo Pro (and not on my HTC Trinity). After hard resetting and not reinstalling my battery life is much better.
    I hope SPB releases another minor update to resolve the issues.
    I have had no issues with battery drain. That is weird. Email them to see what they say.

    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    you can remap the start button back to <start> in settings - buttons
    You can do that but how would that help him? The main screen with the clock is what is the only thing he wants. Am I missing something? *Of course that is valuable if you just want to use the today plugin.
  6. kbcherry's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #6  
    I use mobile shell for the tabs and don't use the SPB menu at all. So I map the Start key back to the regular start menu. And I use the now screen, not as a today screen but with the normal functionality. I would like to figure out how to map the now functionality to the left soft key but I haven't really messed with that at all.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    I've been messing around with SPB Mobile Shell for the past few days and I don't think that is possible. You can just add a simply today plug in but that's not what you are looking for. Once you get used to the other pages it really is nice. You can try the trial out for free. What do you have to lose?
    There's a thread in the forum at ppcgeeks re: themes for Mobile Shell. Variants look like Diamond/Touch Pro, Omnia, Experia & WM7. There's another thread about square screen themes that includes a couple for Mobile Shell. Maybe these'll help him get the look & feel he wants.

    HTH

    Bill
  8. jg70124's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    you can remap the start button back to <start> in settings - buttons
    Perfect, thanks.

    To the others in this thread: I just prefer using the keypad to navigate over the touch screen - for instance, I'd rather hit "G" to cycle through the apps that begin with "G".
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124 View Post
    Perfect, thanks.

    To the others in this thread: I just prefer using the keypad to navigate over the touch screen - for instance, I'd rather hit "G" to cycle through the apps that begin with "G".
    I hear you, the touch screen is not big enough for me to navigate with touch. It seems too jam packed.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbcherry View Post
    I use mobile shell for the tabs and don't use the SPB menu at all. So I map the Start key back to the regular start menu. And I use the now screen, not as a today screen but with the normal functionality. I would like to figure out how to map the now functionality to the left soft key but I haven't really messed with that at all.
    SPB Mobile Shell creates a folder with shortcuts, including a [Now] shortcut. You can use Advanced Config to map it to the left soft key. See this post: http://www.treoprotricks.com/post/20...ws-Mobile.aspx
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks

Posting Permissions