Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First Off; Thanks to Smiley for letting me Steal his Thread.
    (He just happened to be the first to ask about this)
    Second; Thanks to PDAholic for Finding the Solution.
    Lastly; Thanks to chris5h for Resurrecting this Question so I was remided to add it to the 'Sticky'

Updated Sticky:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...pro-users.html

Update: Just Tried Card Export II and can Confirm it Works!

Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    You can find the .CAB file on this page:
    Card Export II for Windows Mobile. Use the card inserted into your device as USB mass storage drive.

Trust me, it works. I used it to load up a 700MB movie on my card this morning. Soooo much better (and faster) than Activesync.

Smileys Original Post:

Trying to us WMStorage. It doesn't seem to work.

I am currently using Syncmate for my mac since it is free and works tons better than MissingSync. Missing sync seems really buggy.

Any other software to mount my pro as a mass storage device?
    thanks
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/05/2009 at 09:24 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Any other ideas, wmstorge also doesn't work.
    Make sure to go to their website and request that they make it compatible with the Pro. I did, and I hope they develop it for our device.
    Last edited by PDAholic; 10/19/2008 at 03:27 PM.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
  4.    #4  
    Done, thanks.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Is there any way to access the memory card on the Treo Pro ala CardExport on my Treo 680? I've been playing with a demo unit at my local store and there are only two settings in the USB option panel, one for activesync and another for something else.

I'm getting the Treo Pro next month and I'd hate having to remove the cover to access the card all the time.
    In Windows mobile, once you've established and Activestink partnership you can browse your mobile, including the storage/SD card, and copy files to and fro there. It's slower than say Card Reader on a 680.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    There's a program that ones have used on other WM devices (something called like wm5storage - not sure of the name)
    It would make your device appear as a 'Mass Storage Device'
    Not sure if that's what you're looking for.
    And not sure if it works on the Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    There's a program that ones have used on other WM devices (something called like wm5storage - not sure of the name)
    It would make your device appear as a 'Mass Storage Device'
    Not sure if that's what you're looking for.
    And not sure if it works on the Pro.
    It doesn't work on the Treo Pro. Neither does Card Export II. Hopefully Softick will get it sorted out for our device.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Has anyone had any luck in getting the Treo Pro to function as a USB mass storage device (using WM5torage, CardExport II, some ported hack of the WM6 USB control panel applet, or some other solution)? (Haven't seen this issue covered in a while)

I'm considering getting rid of my iPod as the Pro works quite well with Kinoma Play, but getting the files on using Activesync is painfully slow, and pulling the card out of the TP to connect directly to my computer is, well, just not a realistic option.

Thanks!
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    What program are you using to Sync with? I use MediaMonkey, and it sees the card as a Mem Card. It also sees the Treo as a Mem Card. I would suggest getting a large card and a card reader. Syncing music through the treo is slow, though not completely unbearable. Through a Card Reader it is lightning fast.
    I have transferred a lot of pictures to my wife's pro, by simply going to my computer, opening up her Treo and then her storage card and just dropping the pictures into the folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I would suggest getting a large card and a card reader. Syncing music through the treo is slow, though not completely unbearable. Through a Card Reader it is lightning fast.
    The benefit of software like WM5Storage and Card Export II is that you don't need a card reader, and hence you don't need to take the card out of the device. It was okay to use card readers back in the day with card slot, but now we have to slide off the back cover and dig to get at the card.

My suggestion to the OP is to write the folks at Card Export II and ask them to support the Treo Pro. I have a feeling that there is something funky with our USB ports, because CEII works with the Treo 800w, but not with the Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I have transferred a lot of pictures to my wife's pro, by simply going to my computer, opening up her Treo and then her storage card and just dropping the pictures into the folder.
    I presume you are using Active Sync, right? The data transfer rate with AS is much, much slower than with a card reader. Try transferring a 700 mb movie by active sync. IF it actually transfers and doesn't time out, you'll be waiting a while!
    I presume you are using Active Sync, right? The data transfer rate with AS is much, much slower than with a card reader. Try transferring a 700 mb movie by active sync. IF it actually transfers and doesn't time out, you'll be waiting a while!
    I guess I am using active sync to transfer pictures

I have never tried transferred a 700MB movie
    Last edited by palandri; 11/23/2008 at 12:54 PM.
    V3.15 now works with the Pro. This program allows your computer to see your card without using activesync. In other words, it makes your phone a card reader. It isn't necessary, but extremely handy, and the company is very responsive to requests. Two thumbs up.
    V3.15 now works with the Pro. This program allows your computer to see your card without using activesync. In other words, it makes your phone a card reader. It isn't necessary, but extremely handy, and the company is very responsive to requests. Two thumbs up.
    Can you post the .CAB file here so folks can download it. This is exactly what I have been looking for. Hope it will work with TP.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by publicid View Post
    Can you post the .CAB file here so folks can download it. This is exactly what I have been looking for. Hope it will work with TP.

Thanks
    You can find the .CAB file on this page:
    http://www.softick.com/pocket-pc/cardexport2/

Trust me, it works. I used it to load up a 700MB movie on my card this morning. Soooo much better (and faster) than Activesync.
    Thanks for posting about the update. I've downloaded and installed it. It works very nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by ftwitty View Post
    Thanks for posting about the update. I've downloaded and installed it. It works very nicely.
    Glad you could benefit. I have no personal interest in this company, but they certainly deserve support for a great product.
    Glad you could benefit. I have no personal interest in this company, but they certainly deserve support for a great product.
    It does come in handy now and then.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast