Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    FYI - Softick released CardExport II version 3.17 today which incorporated my findings to them to allow the Sprint Treo Pro to now function properly with the software. Seems to work great!
    I installed Card Export II and it works fine. I didn't check the transfer rates, but one advantage I have now is that I can get to my phone from linux, since it is recognized as storage device. No more need to open up the phone every time I want to copy a file.
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    FYI - Softick released CardExport II version 3.17 today which incorporated my findings to them to allow the Sprint Treo Pro to now function properly with the software. Seems to work great!
    Thanks for the update. I'll give it a try today.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Right now I'm transferring a music CD that's about 112 MB (about 18 tracks). According to Windows 7 it's transferrring at 113 KB / sec.

So my thinking is this is too slow to be useful. 7 mins to copy 30 MB? I dunno me using a miniUSB cable with a mini-micro adapter has anything to do with it. I think I'm gonna pick up that keychain card reader for $10.
    Last edited by Jaggrey; 04/14/2009 at 10:10 AM.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I just downloaded Card Export 3.17 too for Sprint Treo Pro and it is painfully slow. I need something like this so my application can do automatic backups to the drive (mem card on treo). But this is way too slow... 166mb takes over 30 mins.
    I went out and got one of those lil SanDisk card readers that dangle on the keychain.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    surprised at the lack of a decent card reader app for the Treo Pro.
    I put the older version of Card Reader on my Pro, since the back of my phone was/is getting really weak from opening/closing all the time. Lets just say that it expired, and I am NOT paying to keep it. Transfer rates were PAINFULLY slow. Trying to drag/drop MSWord files, or even small cabs, took waaay too long. It was much much faster to drag and drop to the device using ActiveSync, than copy/paste to the mem card from file explorer. Sad when doing a work around like that is better than a drag/drop solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I put the older version of Card Reader on my Pro, since the back of my phone was/is getting really weak from opening/closing all the time. Lets just say that it expired, and I am NOT paying to keep it. Transfer rates were PAINFULLY slow. Trying to drag/drop MSWord files, or even small cabs, took waaay too long. It was much much faster to drag and drop to the device using ActiveSync, than copy/paste to the mem card from file explorer. Sad when doing a work around like that is better than a drag/drop solution.
    I agree, I'm about to remove CardExport since it's so slow on the Treo Pro. What I would like to do is move the My Documents folder to the card and just use active sync since it's faster. But WM doesn't seem to like it when I moved the folder to the card. Does anyone know if there's a way to tell WM to keep the My Documents folder in a different location, as I believe you can in XP and Vista?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234