Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Well, so far no luck. I am dying to find a compatible mass storage software for my new Treo Pro. I accesss the documents on my 16gb MiniSD all the time, and going thru activesync is a PIA.

So far I have tried:

HTC USB-to-PC drivers from othe HTC Touch Pro, and they do not work at all the the Treo. Nothing happens when the USB cable is connected, and when I manually run the app it just freezes the Treo.

Card Export runs on the Treo, but after the PC finally installs the drivers, there is no extra disc created, and nothing shows up in Disk Management.

WM5torage installs and runs on the Treo, and the removeable disc drive shows up, but when you try to open the drive it hangs for several minutes and then says the disc is not formatted and needs to be formatted.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a mass storage mode? Or am I doomed to keep a USB card reader on the keychain. lol

Thanks.
    I wonder if it not working has something to do with that thing where you can install ActiveSync from the Treo?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I'm not saying give up, but many others have been trying and failing at this for a very long time.

Best anyone has been able to do is get the MicroSD to show up as a mapped drive, but nothing helps the data transfer rate.

On this one, this is where the Treo Pro works more like a Palm device than an HTC device. Because when I had the 800w I was trying everything too and keeping up with the efforts of folks with the Treo Pro in hopes any breakthrough they had might benefit me. End result was nothing.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yeah Jaggery I was kinda thinking the same thing myself. Wish there was some way to use that feature as mass storage. I have looked all through the resgistry for something that might help along those lines, but so far no go.
    I'm not sure what the problem is, but I got Card Export to work fine on my Treo Pro. It switches nicely between Active Sync and Card mode from an icon at the lower right of the display. My PC sees it as a hard disk when the TP is in Card mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by ftwitty View Post
    I'm not sure what the problem is, but I got Card Export to work fine on my Treo Pro. It switches nicely between Active Sync and Card mode from an icon at the lower right of the display. My PC sees it as a hard disk when the TP is in Card mode.
    But have you tested trying to transfer large files, to see if there is any difference in transfer speed from when sending files through ActiveSync? That's really why many people want a mass storage mode. To speed file transfer to their MicroSD cards. In devices like the Touch Pro, when you go Mass Storage Mode, you also get a significant increase in data transfer rates.
    Ah, it looks like sometime late last year it was confirmed that the latest version of Card Export II does work with the GSM Treo Pro and increases transfer speed. And you caught that thread Ftwitty .

Chris5h, are you using the latest version?

Edit: Well now this thread has been merged into that one .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Ah, it looks like sometime late last year it was confirmed that the latest version of Card Export II does work with the GSM Treo Pro and increases transfer speed. And you caught that thread Ftwitty .

TC's Search feature works wonders.
    There was like 5 threads.
    Just call me Berd.
    Wow, you work hard berdinkerdickle .

I just noticed, I tried Card Export II's latest based off what I saw on this thread back then with my 800w and it didn't help one bit. Seems that most with either a Treo Pro or 800w found it didn't help at all. So it seems to have helped a very small number of those making comments here.
    Update: Just Tried it and Confirm it Works!

Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    You can find the .CAB file on this page:
    Card Export II for Windows Mobile. Use the card inserted into your device as USB mass storage drive.

Trust me, it works. I used it to load up a 700MB movie on my card this morning. Soooo much better (and faster) than Activesync.
    Updated First Post
    (smiley won't mind )

Updated Sticky:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...pro-users.html
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/14/2009 at 11:30 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    But have you tested trying to transfer large files, to see if there is any difference in transfer speed from when sending files through ActiveSync? That's really why many people want a mass storage mode. To speed file transfer to their MicroSD cards. In devices like the Touch Pro, when you go Mass Storage Mode, you also get a significant increase in data transfer rates.
    How large? I have a considerable amount of music that I transferred fast. Did I put a stop watch on it? No. The nice thing is that I can use it at work to transfer files without even having ActiveSync on my work PC.

That is possible. I remember seeing it here and then buying it, loading it and running it ever since without a hitch.
    I test the times to the second. I found Card Export II didn't help on the 800w at all and some others didn't find it helped them with the Treo Pro. I test using single large VCD sized files, 700MB+.

Moving music files is numerous small files, but it really does not give the true assessment of any transfer rate benefits. But whatever works for you is a good thing.

I hope something might one day work for all Treo Pro and 800w owners, to increase PC to MicroSD transfer rates. But after reading some of the older comments in this tread and recalling my own experiences, I'm not surprised only a small number of people found any speed increase, that's how its always been. See some of the older comments here.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris5h View Post
    Card Export runs on the Treo, but after the PC finally installs the drivers, there is no extra disc created, and nothing shows up in Disk Management.
    I too have experienced this situation with CardExport. Has anyone figured out how to make the drive show up with the Sprint Treo Pro after seeing this problem? I have a email in to their tech support, but hope someone here might have more insight.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I also have a touch pro and with a custom rom I can connect with my usb directly to the sd card on the device, not through active sync. The transfer rate is superfast like placing your micro sd through adapter directly to your computer. I tranfer music files all the time and this would make it much faster and easier. Is there a way we can do this with the treo pro??
    Does your computer have a card reader? If so, then you can use the (probably) provided micro/SD card adapter and physically plug it int the card reader.
    Quote Originally Posted by miketab View Post
    I also have a touch pro and with a custom rom I can connect with my usb directly to the sd card on the device, not through active sync. The transfer rate is superfast like placing your micro sd through adapter directly to your computer. I tranfer music files all the time and this would make it much faster and easier. Is there a way we can do this with the treo pro??
    Hi Mike, I also have a Touch Pro. Even with stock Touch Pro ROMs the "Disk Drive" option is available and runs just as fast.

For the Treo Pro, there's been debate over whether there is a way to do the same. See this thread for details, it seems results vary.
    I thought the Treo Pro had this option. It is an HTC device. I still don't understand why they just didn't move HTC Touch Pro features over to the Treo. This feature plus being able to power the radio off from the top power button should've been incorporated into the Treo Pro.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I have been in touch with support at Softick and it appears that they will have to update CardExport to support the Sprint Treo Pro. They sent me a debug version (not for full use) that produced logs that allowed them to create a version that let the drive show up properly. A subsequent debug version they gave me got it working. Hopefully they will release a new release version with this code implemented soon that makes it fully compatible with the Sprint Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    I have been in touch with support at Softick and it appears that they will have to update CardExport to support the Sprint Treo Pro. They sent me a debug version (not for full use) that produced logs that allowed them to create a version that let the drive show up properly. A subsequent debug version they gave me got it working. Hopefully they will release a new release version with this code implemented soon that makes it fully compatible with the Sprint Treo Pro.
    Great...thanks for the info!

I picked up a SanDisk MobileMate™ Micro Reader for just over $7 at Staples to get me by. Cheap, small, and works great. I keep it in my keychain so I have it with me at all times.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast