Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here's our "official" bug list thread for the Treo Pro

Again, these should primarily be actual bugs/issues with the Pro itself and not new features or tweaks.

1. FIXED Bluetooth call waiting -- if a call waiting call comes in while you're using a bluetooth headset and ignore the second call by not doing anything, both calls get dropped.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=171894

2. Pocket IE cache/history -- if you forcibly exit PIE either via closing via Task Manager or resetting your device, the cache and history are lost.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=172311

3. Cannot silence the ringer by pressing any buttons as per the manual (and like other Treos)

4. After a missed call, clicking the green button dials back the missed called number rather then going to call history

5. Ringer from speaker with ringer switch off.

Steps:
    • The ringer switch should be in the on position so you get sound.
    • Connect a pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones. I am using a pair of Motorola S9 headphones. Wait till you hear the connection sound in the headphones
    • Turn the ringer switch to mute...You will hear a beep in the headphone when you do this
    • Place a call to your phone and you should get the normal ringtone from the speaker on the device.

The trick is to connect the headphones before turning off the ringer switch. If you connect the headphones after you flip the switch it works correctly.
    Last edited by scottymomo; 11/21/2008 at 01:17 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    thanks!
    It's nice to know we Pro's aren't unique.
    It would have been sad for the 800 guys, if we would have got off Bug Free.

Could you go check out the GPS settings thread to give your input.
    You might as well add this...

GPS Headache

While GPS might not be a deal breaker, it's odd that it works so well with GoogleMaps but drags with Windows Live Search.

Watch the AT&T ROM fix all these minor quircks! If so, I wonder how we go about getting a copy.
    3. After attaching a non-working charger cable, and then soft-resetting, the Treo Pro pretends to charge (red led) while it doesn't...
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Like I said before;
    we're Palms Beta Testers.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'm having a problem with the smart dial. After ending a call with the red button, and returning to the Today Screen, if I push the green button, it will immediately dial the first number in my call history instead of bring up the list to select from. Now if I haven't been on an active call recently and hit the green button from the Today Screen it will bring up the smart dial list. Also frequently when I try to leave the call history the images stay frozen on my screen and I have to soft reset to get rid of them.

I'm also having a problem with my missed call notifications. They show up on the screen and if I click to view it, it just disappears. It doesn't bring up the call history or anything. I blame both of these on HTC, I never had problems with the Palm dialer!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    You might as well add this...

GPS Headache

While GPS might not be a deal breaker, it's odd that it works so well with GoogleMaps but drags with Windows Live Search.

Watch the AT&T ROM fix all these minor quircks! If so, I wonder how we go about getting a copy.
    That's an issue with WLS, not the Treo. I've had that on every device.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerBB View Post
    That's an issue with WLS, not the Treo. I've had that on every device.
    Works like a charm on the Moto Q9h.
    I noticed, when pairing my BT, that the Partnership Settings screen doesn't display completely. The lower, right corner, Refresh button is cut-off to display only Refes.
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    I just want to say too many bugs and those R&D nerds never do full test before it comes out!

1) VOLUME PROBLEM: the when I use earphone for a call, the volume always very high, even though I decrease it to the lowest level, still quite high; the worse is, if I forget to bring the volume back after the call, I can never hear it rings when a new phone in!

2) MSN PROBLEM: I have one @live.com, whenever you setup it through "Setup Email", it will automatically goes to IE and let me access hotmail via website. So I can NEVER really setup a hotmail email account like GMAIL, YAHOO etc. And if I go to windows live, it gives me "MSN, Hotmail, Sync" 3 options, I can log in via MSN, but whenever I click Hotmail, it links back to "Setup Email" interface. So over and over again, I can never setup a hotmail account under live.com.
    AND you know what I have paid on the FIRST DAY it announced! 550 bucks!!!! just to test those stupid bugs for free! The b**tch company never say sorry and correct, only lower the retail price again and again! WTF!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper23 View Post
    I just want to say too many bugs and those R&D nerds never do full test before it comes out!

1) VOLUME PROBLEM: the when I use earphone for a call, the volume always very high, even though I decrease it to the lowest level, still quite high; the worse is, if I forget to bring the volume back after the call, I can never hear it rings when a new phone in!

2) MSN PROBLEM: I have one @live.com, whenever you setup it through "Setup Email", it will automatically goes to IE and let me access hotmail via website. So I can NEVER really setup a hotmail email account like GMAIL, YAHOO etc. And if I go to windows live, it gives me "MSN, Hotmail, Sync" 3 options, I can log in via MSN, but whenever I click Hotmail, it links back to "Setup Email" interface. So over and over again, I can never setup a hotmail account under live.com.
    Start->Programs->Windows Live->Sign into Windows Live->Accept->Enter email address (hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com, other)->Enter Password->Next->select Today screen options->select options for contacts and snycing email->next->Inbox will begin synchronizing. when finished -> Menu->Options->Sync Schedule->select option that works for you->select other options and choose appropriate selection->close Windows Live->Go Back to Programs->Select Messaging and you'll see your Hotmail account. going forward, you can access email from the inbox. if this doesn't work or you need to use more Hotmail/MSN/Live mail accounts, there's a program called HTTPMail that will allow you to set up multiple accounts. hope this eases some of the "email" pain.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Anyone get freezed sometimes in the normal operation? I have to do soft reset by pushing its ***. HOw to view the cause of freeze? There must be a log somewhere and maybe Palm can look into and solve in the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbcherry View Post
    I'm having a problem with the smart dial. After ending a call with the red button, and returning to the Today Screen, if I push the green button, it will immediately dial the first number in my call history instead of bring up the list to select from. Now if I haven't been on an active call recently and hit the green button from the Today Screen it will bring up the smart dial list. Also frequently when I try to leave the call history the images stay frozen on my screen and I have to soft reset to get rid of them.

I'm also having a problem with my missed call notifications. They show up on the screen and if I click to view it, it just disappears. It doesn't bring up the call history or anything. I blame both of these on HTC, I never had problems with the Palm dialer!
    I just checked to see if mine behaves correctly. I dialed Voicemail. after I hung up with the red button, I went back to the today screen, pushed the green button and my call history is all there. It didn't dial out.
    No problems with missed calls either.
    Personally I had issues with Palms phone customization. I much prefer the way it is now.
  15.    #15  
    I've had two freezes where the screensaver won't disengage. keyboard lights are on, the screen taps make the audible tapping noise but the screensaver won't disappear..don't know the cause
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I just checked to see if mine behaves correctly. I dialed Voicemail. after I hung up with the red button, I went back to the today screen, pushed the green button and my call history is all there. It didn't dial out.
    No problems with missed calls either.
    Personally I had issues with Palms phone customization. I much prefer the way it is now.
    Thats good to know. I haven't attempted a hard reset because I really haven't gone crazy with installing programs. I might try that though, it won't take me long to recover.

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone is experiencing the missed call notification also. If click on view to see the number its like the call history flashes and then closes and the notification is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    Start->Programs->Windows Live->Sign into Windows Live->Accept->Enter email address (hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com, other)->Enter Password->Next->select Today screen options->select options for contacts and snycing email->next->Inbox will begin synchronizing. when finished -> Menu->Options->Sync Schedule->select option that works for you->select other options and choose appropriate selection->close Windows Live->Go Back to Programs->Select Messaging and you'll see your Hotmail account. going forward, you can access email from the inbox. if this doesn't work or you need to use more Hotmail/MSN/Live mail accounts, there's a program called HTTPMail that will allow you to set up multiple accounts. hope this eases some of the "email" pain.
    thank you cortez! I don't know why it suddenly works, maybe I just changed the sync schedule from manual to auto?? But anyway, it finally shows up a hotmail account. I guess many others may experience the same trouble as well.

btw, do you know how to sync all the email accounts at the same time? manually.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper23 View Post
    thank you cortez! I don't know why it suddenly works, maybe I just changed the sync schedule from manual to auto?? But anyway, it finally shows up a hotmail account. I guess many others may experience the same trouble as well.

btw, do you know how to sync all the email accounts at the same time? manually.
    yeah, MS$ doesn't use the most direct approach to setting up its Live/MSN/Hotmail accounts. i'm happy to know your email is working! syncing all at the same time is another story, lol. but, there are options! i have a Sprint Touch Diamond and i'm using a free (albeit technically beta) program called Seven Beta. the software allows you to setup Exchange, (multiple) MSN/Hotmail/Live, Yahoo!, Gmail and other POP3 or IMAP email accounts where all email can be pushed to your device "as items arrive". you can also setup sync schedules (e.g., push between x and x hours and/or check every 5 mins, 10 mins). it's beta, its VERY WELL supported by Seven. like i said, it's an option worth considering...
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Is HotMail direct push to WM6.1 device free of charge?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by publicid View Post
    Is HotMail direct push to WM6.1 device free of charge?
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast