Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLar View Post
    Several times, I've been unable to get a GPS lock, but a full power cycle (battery out & in again) fixes it and I get a lock quickly. A soft reset doesn't seem to be sufficient.

Any one else seen anything like this?
    The only time I have had trouble with GPS is inside my house. Being outside or inside my car, it's worked every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linx View Post
    the palm development team is a bunch of suckers!!!!!!!!!!! i think a team of retarded monkeys could have done a better job & palm deserves to go out out business!!!

even when i called palm, they acted as if was no big deal. what a bunch of a$$holes!
    Much (if not most or even all) of the Pro's ROM was developed by HTC.

That's why it's missing a lot of little Palm tweaks, like defaulting to numbers when in a numeric field, etc.

If you're gonna put the blame on someone, do it right. It's HTC's development team (and Palm's QA team) that's to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    If you're gonna put the blame on someone, do it right. It's HTC's development team (and Palm's QA team) that's to blame.
    Nope. Still a Palm product. That is what exactly branding conveys, the reputation, QC, and after sales support of the company.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    The only time I have had trouble with GPS is inside my house. Being outside or inside my car, it's worked every time.
    I think the software has a lot to do with GPS performance. I was using an older Pharos Ostia nav program I've used forever which would take anywhere from 45 seconds to 3 minutes to lock on a signal and even when it would lock it was relatively inaccurate. I just upgraded to TomTom 7 and I get signal lock in about 10 seconds max and it's extraordinarily accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    This will allways happens.To use de GPS you MUST be on an Open Place.It wont work if you do it like that, inside your house.
    I think it appears on the manual.
    I know it because i work as a Support Agent for Palm LAT.
    Bugs I have found and would appreciate if any fixes?

1. Ringer switch - sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Sometimes you hear a ding after you slide then no sounds are muted. Needs a reboot to correct.

2. Wndows Sync - if I sync by WiFi and then try and sync in the cradle I cannot connect unless I reboot my laptop.

3. Sprite backup - version bundled with the Treo Pro cannot be completely uninstalled.

4. WiFi - sometimes passwords for WiFi connections disappear and have to re-entered.
    Last edited by stephenlgreen; 01/06/2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Windows Mobile Center solved 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    Im not sure if this is a bug, but I took a wav file and put it on my phone to be an Alarm sound. When I go into alarms and edit the sound played it plays the sound just fine but when its time for the alarm to happen it doesnt play anything at all. yes the sound is on. sometimes it will even play the default Reminder tone instead.
    In fact, I want to have as tone alarm a mp3 file and it does not appear in the list of tone alarm when this mp3 is ready in the generic tone list and I may use it as ringtone

Anyone knows how to use a mp3 file as tone alarm?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    thanks nice work
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    I think the software has a lot to do with GPS performance. I was using an older Pharos Ostia nav program I've used forever which would take anywhere from 45 seconds to 3 minutes to lock on a signal and even when it would lock it was relatively inaccurate. I just upgraded to TomTom 7 and I get signal lock in about 10 seconds max and it's extraordinarily accurate.
    Dang it, I want TomTom 7. They just need to sell it, I don't want to have to get from the wild...
    Can't paste anything into an email body. I can paste it into the subject, but not the body.
    I am new to Treo Central and new to the Pro and WM. Came from PalmOS on Treo 650. Am using the EU version of the PTP.

Beside the bugs already mentioned I experience another bug:
    while using my Nokia CK15 carkit, the display shown my e-mail account name (at least one of them) instead of my device ID. Before it did show the device ID but it changed for no reason. Is this due to the Treo or WM related?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

OK...I have looked high and low as to the sudden cause of this and how to fix it, with absolutely no result. If I push LEFT on the 5-way navigation button, it goes down. All other directions are doing moves which are wrong (right goes up, down goes right and pushing up up goes left) . Have no idea on this one, so I am putting it to you pros regarding my Pro. HELP!

FYI, I have SPB Mobile Shell installed, along with Wisbar Lite, SmartTweaker 2008 (v. 2.0), etc.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLaw View Post

OK...I have looked high and low as to the sudden cause of this and how to fix it, with absolutely no result. If I push LEFT on the 5-way navigation button, it goes down. All other directions are doing moves which are wrong (right goes up, down goes right and pushing up up goes left) . Have no idea on this one, so I am putting it to you pros regarding my Pro. HELP!

FYI, I have SPB Mobile Shell installed, along with Wisbar Lite, SmartTweaker 2008 (v. 2.0), etc.
    Same thing happened to me on Treo 750 because of SPB Mobile Shell. Had to hard reset and reload everything. Back up wouldn't work. Nor would unistall / re-install of SPB Mobile Shell. I think in my case I had loaded a theme from SPB and tried to uninstall it and everything went wacky!! I lost a lot alerts. I lost the skin to the built in calculator as well as the dialer skin. Was a big PITA but ended up just doing the hard reset and loading things in one by one. Prob not what you want to hear, but it worked for me.
    Here is my official list for my Palm Pro:
    1. Screensaver can't handle profile switchers like SBSH Phoneweaver. The screensaver is active. When Phoneweaver turns the phone off the screensaver freezes. This is probably because the screensaver doesn't work when the phone is switched off.
    2. One time I got a white screen after I wanted to wake up the Pro after one night. Guess this is related to the screensaver since this has not happened after disabling the screensaver.
    3. Phone volume sometimes set to zero for no reason (happened three times)
    4. Call history problem. After a soft reset, when you haven't opened the call history pushing the green button after a missed call results in instant call back instead of going to the dialer. Opening call history right after soft reset causes the dialer to close right away.

Some already mentioned by other users but I hope this "Official" bug list can be updated and be used by Palm to update the Pro.
    For some reason my old Treo 750 felt more stable than the Pro
    So far:

1) Ditto the volume decreasing to zero.

2) Cannot disable threaded text messaging. Nagging annoyance since getting several texts from same number groups them into one, when they may not be related messages.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Just bought Pro yesterday, been waiting with 700wx.

700wx worked fine with Exchange (no GAL but that's tolerable) but now with the Pro when configuring the exchange server it will sync email but will not sync calendar entries, is anyone else having this problem?

I get the attention required and 0x8503001C error.

Is this the right place to post this?
    how do I Disable the Touchscreen call answer function?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=131454
    Quote Originally Posted by kbcherry View Post
    I'm having a problem with the smart dial. After ending a call with the red button, and returning to the Today Screen, if I push the green button, it will immediately dial the first number in my call history instead of bring up the list to select from. Now if I haven't been on an active call recently and hit the green button from the Today Screen it will bring up the smart dial list. Also frequently when I try to leave the call history the images stay frozen on my screen and I have to soft reset to get rid of them.

I'm also having a problem with my missed call notifications. They show up on the screen and if I click to view it, it just disappears. It doesn't bring up the call history or anything. I blame both of these on HTC, I never had problems with the Palm dialer!

(I experienced the same thing and found out that if I pressed the green (call) button for more than 2 seconds it would automatically call the last call in the list, If i just press the green button quickly it simply goes to the smartdial screen) Once I fgured that out I actually like that feature for calling the last person back quickly without having to go through a cpl of menus or key presses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirmish View Post
    did someone tried these?

Don't know if this is a bug.
    You may try this guys:
    Compose a new SMS:
    1st Go to Messaging>Menu>New>SMS
    2nd Enter the number on the To field.
    3rd Type more than 40Characters on the text message body.
    4th Press Menu>Insert>Picture/Audio - just attach any picture.
    5th Viola! The text messages becomes the subject and it only displays 40 character.
    I tried this one on a Treo 750 WM6 Professional and it worked fine. no problem at all, but on a treo pro wm6.1, i don't know what you call it.
    I actually tried this, I noticed that once you attempt to attach a photo, video, vcard or whatever it takes it out of sms and put's it into MMS mode (I noticed at the top it said sms\mms) So I wonder if the character limitation is because it isnt a true sms but actually a mms. (honestly I dont know what the character limitations for mms are)
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Is there a bug list for the Sprint Treo Pro? Are the bugs the same as on the GSM?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    I had a bug yesterday. It started a few days ago. Phone is less than a week old and i paid full price (just so people know that it's brand new).

The phone had full signal and slowed way down. It actually took 7 minutes (i timed it) to open my SMS menu. Also, when it finally got into the menu when I typed a message to someone it was blank on the screen but if i clicked send the message was actually sent to the person. Like phantom letters. Then my phone started ringing like someone was calling but nothing on the screen and the answer button did nothing. I got 2 phone calls in a row like this and I couldn't fix it. Later in the evening one of my friends called me back and said she tried to get ahold of me earlier so it was a real phone call.

I restarted the phone multiple times in hopes that it would work and it didn't help. Finally I got sick of it and synced my contacts on my computer (took almost an hour) then i did a hard reset. The phone appears to be working ok.

The only software I installed on the phone is PMclean which doesn't change the registry so i have no idea what went wrong. I have run PMclean without a problem on my 800w.

I'm about done with windows mobile. My 800w wasn't ringing through with phone calls so i switched to a pro in hopes not to have problems. Before that, i had my 800w replaced a few times by the local store and it continued with the phone ringing problems so i think it was a problem with the 800w. I never had that problem with my palm OS phones and none of my friends are having problems with their phones on the network so it wouldn't be a network problem.

ARH!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast