Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    I am not having this issue. If I read your post correctly to try and duplicate your issue I took an appointment I had created in outlook on my computer at work, opened it on my Treo, extended it 1/2 hour and saved/ok. I then logged in to my OWA Exchange server looked at that appointment and the change had taken effect. Worked fine for me.

I have no idea why your 750 would work fine but not your Pro.

-D
    You got the issue right and I'm perplexed if that worked for you as you wrote because it doesn't for mine. Do you know if you're using Exchange 2003 or 2007 at work?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
    You got the issue right and I'm perplexed if that worked for you as you wrote because it doesn't for mine. Do you know if you're using Exchange 2003 or 2007 at work?

Thanks
    From what I was told it is 2007. Hope that helps.

Good Luck,

-D
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    From what I was told it is 2007. Hope that helps.

Good Luck,

-D
    Thanks very much, I think it does.
    The issue so far appears to only occur with Windows Mobile 6.1 and Exchange Server 2003.
    the d-pad button doesn't work properly.

When I press left/right side it does up/down movement on the screen and when i press up/down it does left/right movement on the screen.

Wondering is anybody else have that problem???
    I am not having this issue. If I read your post correctly to try and duplicate your issue I took an appointment I had created in outlook on my computer at work, opened it on my Treo, extended it 1/2 hour and saved/ok. I then logged in to my OWA Exchange server looked at that appointment and the change had taken effect. Worked fine for me.

I have no idea why your 750 would work fine but not your Pro.

-D
    Sorry, but could you try one more thing.
    Take an Existing Contact and add a number or email address.
    Now here's the important part, as soon as you click 'Ok' an ActiveSync should be initiated on the phone side. Immediately after you click 'Ok' the Arrows in the TitleBar should start spinning.

Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Sorry, but could you try one more thing.
    Take an Existing Contact and add a number or email address.
    Now here's the important part, as soon as you click 'Ok' an ActiveSync should be initiated on the phone side. Immediately after you click 'Ok' the Arrows in the TitleBar should start spinning.

Thanks
    It is not instantaneous but it is less than 1 min for it to start spinning and update the contact. It is working no different for me then it did on my TytnII and my 750 on both 6.0 and 6.1.

-D
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    It is not instantaneous but it is less than 1 min for it to start spinning and update the contact. It is working no different for me then it did on my TytnII and my 750 on both 6.0 and 6.1.

-D
    CrozB, did you happen to get a new email coming in when the ActiveSync indicator did start spinning?
    Quote Originally Posted by gondalguru View Post
    the d-pad button doesn't work properly.

When I press left/right side it does up/down movement on the screen and when i press up/down it does left/right movement on the screen.

Wondering is anybody else have that problem???
    Yes, I had this issue after I uninstalled SPB's Pocket Plus 4.0.3 beta. Hard reset followed by a backup restore from Sprite fixed it.
    So how many "Officially Palm" Bugs do we have so far? Maybe two!

You guys have to admit; this is an incredibly stable device.

I haven't had even one freeze up.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Ringer from speaker with ringer switch off.

Steps:
    • The ringer switch should be in the on position so you get sound.
    • Connect a pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones. I am using a pair of Motorola S9 headphones. Wait till you hear the connection sound in the headphones
    • Turn the ringer switch to mute...You will hear a beep in the headphone when you do this
    • Place a call to your phone and you should get the normal ringtone from the speaker on the device.

I have been able to do this several times on my Treo Pro. The trick is to connect the headphones before turning off the ringer switch. If you connect the headphones after you flip the switch it works correctly.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    So how many "Officially Palm" Bugs do we have so far? Maybe two!

You guys have to admit; this is an incredibly stable device.

I haven't had even one freeze up.
    Mine will freez up randomly when the screen saver is displayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by erenken View Post
    Mine will freez up randomly when the screen saver is displayed.
    Strange? I wonder if you have something runNing in the back ground that is the root cause.

-D
    here are the 'bugs'/complaints I've had:

-when I flip the ringer switch to silent most times it works, just vibrates, but sometimes it beeps and vibrates and then I had a call come thru and the sound was still on. if i cycle the ringer switch, it works fine

-when i'm on a call via BT, and I get an incoming call, if I don't ignore it, it hangs up on the incoming call and locks up the call I'm on. this is my worst problem. i don't know what it does with a non BT call as i almost always use my headset.

-i've had a few lockups and had to soft reset a few times since I got it, basically every few days.

-I use styletap to run some old palm programs, the four way and main button do not work in the programs.

- i get a notice of missed calls and hit the soft button labeled notifications, then it goes to missed calls, when i click on it, it displays the big icon call history screen and then immediately dissapears.

- I've had the green button dial calls as well, instead of bringing up the small icon call history

- physical feel of the phone, TOO DANG SLIPPERY!!!!! i dropped it way too many times till I got a silicone case for it.

- also this phone needs its hard soft buttons back.

-the keyboard is nowhere as easy to use as the 750 was, i've got big fingers and the buttons are hard to distunguish from the rest of the face of the phone. I really liked the curved tops of the 650 and 750 keyboards., also the stylus is too short as well. I find it also difficult to use as well as it being in the 'wrong' end of the phone.

-battery life, I'm getting a long day's use out of it but if I don't charge it daily, it won't make it. fyi- I have it check email every 10 min, make at least 4 hrs a day of calls on it, surf the web for a bit and play a game or two.

overall i consider myself a power user and I'm much happier with this phone over my previous one, a 750 running wm. it got so bad with it I was resetting multiple times in a day. i've help setup and train on an iphone and tried a BB curve for the weekend and I'd much rather have the pro over either of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcpylon View Post
    here are the 'bugs'/complaints I've had:

-I use styletap to run some old palm programs, the four way and main button do not work in the programs.

-battery life, I'm getting a long day's use out of it but if I don't charge it daily, it won't make it. fyi- I have it check email every 10 min, make at least 4 hrs a day of calls on it, surf the web for a bit and play a game or two.
    Re: Styletap; is it a limitation of the software? Do you have those problem on Treo 750?

On battery life: If you sync more often than every 30 minutes then you'd better be served with a "Push Email" scheme, either Exchange Active Sync or using Imap IDLE client (Flexmail maybe). That would save a LOT of battery life.
    I just had the issue where when you miss a call.
    So I hit the green button to check call history, and the phone just started calling that missed call.
    Just call me Berd.
    I just had the issue where when you miss a call.
    So I hit the green button to check call history, and the phone just started calling that missed call.
    Ah hah! So it's not my imagination!

The call history screen flashes but doesn't show up. Look at the top of the screen and see if the information bar changes.

Call history is there, you just can't see it. Instinctively, you go to push the green button and end up redialing the last number.

Until fixed I dismiss the notification and hit the green button to pull up the redial menu as a work around.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Ah hah! So it's not my imagination!

The call history screen flashes but doesn't show up. Look at the top of the screen and see if the information bar changes.

Call history is there, you just can't see it. Instinctively, you go to push the green button and end up redialing the last number.

Until fixed I dismiss the notification and hit the green button to pull up the redial menu as a work around.
    No its not your imagination! I posted the same thing on page 1 of this thread. Unfortunately, I hate to admit it, but I sent mine back. I love Palm and desparately wanted to make this my primary device, but I went back to the Tilt. Like I said, it was just too much of a HTC phone and too little of a Palm one. So I sent it back within the 30 days guidelines to get a full refund. I may still pick one up at a later date used or if AT&T comes out with a subsidized one. I do miss that front facing querty though.
    This was the first time it happened to me.
    Maybe scotty won't call it an 'Official Bug' until it happens to him.

So how do we bring these issues to Palms attention.
    I'm very cautious about crying Bug.
    Infact, it's calmed down here at TC little.
    But there for awhile, people wanted to call everything that they themselves experienced a 'Bug'
    Like I said above, so far, we can only call 2 or 3 of these issues actually Pro's fault. I'm not trying to shield Palm for blame, I just think if Palm is going to take our complaints seriously, we have to avoid blaming Palm for every little issue we experience.

Whoops! I need to put one of these in here.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by erenken View Post
    Ringer from speaker with ringer switch off.

Steps:
    • The ringer switch should be in the on position so you get sound.
    • Connect a pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones. I am using a pair of Motorola S9 headphones. Wait till you hear the connection sound in the headphones
    • Turn the ringer switch to mute...You will hear a beep in the headphone when you do this
    • Place a call to your phone and you should get the normal ringtone from the speaker on the device.

I have been able to do this several times on my Treo Pro. The trick is to connect the headphones before turning off the ringer switch. If you connect the headphones after you flip the switch it works correctly.
    In my case, when I put the Ringer switch to Off, I can feel it vibrate, yet when there is an incoming call, I don't get the vibration at all - only silence; inevitably the call is missed. I have made sure the box for vibrate is checked in the Notifications/Known caller option.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News