Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Curious... has anyone had the right side of the Treo fail to work? The center button, ok, email, and end button stopped working earlier today. I reset the Treo and it failed to locate my ATT service so I reset again and everything went back to normal.

Also, for those who have chosen to return their Treo any grief from Palm in getting the RMA?
    Not on either of mine
    Just call me Berd.
    I am having to return one, and they said they would take it back for any reason.

My latest bug.... It shows i have 1 unread sms or mms and I can't get it back to none.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lecture3waves View Post
    Another bug: If you play audio files while the screen saver is on, the audio will stutter each time the screen saver is changed (i.e. every time a minute passes on the clock).
    This is the only true bug I've found. You can stop it by putting it into 'flight mode' which stops any display on the screen saver.

The Pro is the most stable Windows Mobile device I have owned. The only reset I've had to do was for Route 66 Mobile freezing.
    Stig... you're one of the lucky ones.

I'm hoping my headaches are software related and not an indictment of the Pro. My latest "bug" is when I go to change the theme for SPB Mobile Shell, the Pro locks up. I can get back to the Today Screen by pressing the End Button but then the "Windows" button won't function. Once I reset, everything goes back to normal.

I'm giving it a few more days and then I'll have to decide if it's worth the battle, return it out right or exchange it hoping that I simply have a bum unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Stig... you're one of the lucky ones.

I'm hoping my headaches are software related and not an indictment of the Pro. My latest "bug" is when I go to change the theme for SPB Mobile Shell, the Pro locks up. I can get back to the Today Screen by pressing the End Button but then the "Windows" button won't function. Once I reset, everything goes back to normal.

I'm giving it a few more days and then I'll have to decide if it's worth the battle, return it out right or exchange it hoping that I simply have a bum unit.
    For what is's worth, I am running SPB Shell, have changed the themes a couple times but never had it lock up or effect the buttons.

On a side note, I really like the SPB Shell WM7 theme a lot! I just with it came in Black!!!

-D

Sent from my PalmŪ Treo™ smartphone.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    My latest "bug" is when I go to change the theme for SPB Mobile Shell, the Pro locks up. I can get back to the Today Screen by pressing the End Button but then the "Windows" button won't function. Once I reset, everything goes back to normal.
    I too am using Spb shell and have had no problems at all. I can only assume it's another third party application that's to blame.
    I've got Fizz Traveller, SPB Mobile Shell, BeeJive, Live Search, GoogleMaps, Codewallet, GPSToday, and telenav installed. Any thoughts on what could be conflicting?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbcherry View Post
    I'm having a problem with the smart dial. After ending a call with the red button, and returning to the Today Screen, if I push the green button, it will immediately dial the first number in my call history instead of bring up the list to select from. Now if I haven't been on an active call recently and hit the green button from the Today Screen it will bring up the smart dial list. Also frequently when I try to leave the call history the images stay frozen on my screen and I have to soft reset to get rid of them.

I'm also having a problem with my missed call notifications. They show up on the screen and if I click to view it, it just disappears. It doesn't bring up the call history or anything. I blame both of these on HTC, I never had problems with the Palm dialer!
    I am curious if anyone else has experienced these. I have hard reset my phone since this first post and I still have these problems. The only thing I have noticed for sure is that the missed call notification problem is only happening if I have multiple notifications as missed call is the last one to come up. So if I have e-mail, sms and missed call waiting, once I get to missed call it just falshes to bring up the call notification screen and then disappears. And the green dial button is still an issue to. Like I said, it only happens when I have been on a call and hit the red button to end the call and return to the today screen. If I hit the green button it just automatically dials almost like I am holding it down.

I came from a Tilt and 750 combo before this, and even with some minor bugs, and a tad bit of disappointment this phone is really growing on me. I haven't once switched back my sim card. And as a matter of fact, as soon as Slingplayer gets that app worked out I will be selling my other phones. I am really digging this phone.
    Another bug. This one involves bluetooth. The treo is able to send bluetooth files to other computers but is unable to receive anything.
    Ok did you know that TP has a low battery indication... first thing that happens, on a call, they can't hear you and you cant hear them although it says call connected. Next thing is when the battery is realy low, you get a notification and mine is set to vibrate, and nothing you do will stop the vibration.
    re: Missing History in IE

On my Treo 750 with WM 6.0 I just noticed that the history is blank.
    What work around are ones doing to silence the ringer?
    Did anyone call palm service 877 426 3777? I tried to ask for help but all I got is "HARDRESET".

And if after 30days, they asked me to enjoy the 90days free tech support. So my question is if the HARDREST is the only option, how can I enjoy the 90days tech support?????
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I don't know if anyone has this same problem. The camera works fine even in low light if I first open it after soft reset. But when I quit the camera application and reopen it afterward, the camera is underexposed. The picture taken is very dark in low light.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post

On a side note, I really like the SPB Shell WM7 theme a lot! I just with it came in Black!!!

-D
    Don't want to get too far OT but how have you managed to get WM7 theme running, everytime I paste WM7 contents into the SPB MS install folder it overwrites existing files and the SPB MS won't work.

Yes your right I am new to all this..
    Last edited by mikeals; 10/22/2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    when the bugs can be fixed?!

I found a new one:

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Truthfully I'm not sure if this is a WM 6.1 bug or a Treo Pro bug but I'm calling it out here in the hopes others can confirm it.

On my Treo 750 updated to WM 6.0 when I made a modification to an existing contact/task/calendar on my device, the updated change was immediately pushed wirelessly to my Exchange server account. However, I've found that with my Treo Pro that when I modify such an item it does not push to sync. If modify an item on the the server via Exchange that automatically pushes to the device, but going the other way upstream does not. To be clear, if you create a whole new task/contact/calendar item or delete one that will immediately push upstream from the device. But simply modifying an item on the device does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
    ... If modify an item on the the server via Exchange that automatically pushes to the device, but going the other way upstream does not. To be clear, if you create a whole new task/contact/calendar item or delete one that will immediately push upstream from the device. But simply modifying an item on the device does not.
    I am not having this issue. If I read your post correctly to try and duplicate your issue I took an appointment I had created in outlook on my computer at work, opened it on my Treo, extended it 1/2 hour and saved/ok. I then logged in to my OWA Exchange server looked at that appointment and the change had taken effect. Worked fine for me.

I have no idea why your 750 would work fine but not your Pro.

-D
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    When a BT headset is connected, and the ringer switch is set to NO RINGER (MUTE) and there is an incoming call...THE RINGER STILL WORKS! I cannot get this phone to be silent no matter what I do!

I have also found now that if you have a BT headset attahced, and you don't use the phone for a couple of hours, weird things happen. In this sceanario, I got an incoming call - and the phone's ringer rang. I have the phone set to auto-answer, but it did NOT do so; I answered using the headset and it picked up, but the audio was being sent elsewhere, not to the headset. I checked the handset, no audio there either. I hung up, and PLACED a call, and it all started working fine.

For the recored, the dialer sucks compared to the 750. I would love to find a way to install THAT dialer into my Pro!

I think Palm as passed a big doo-doo onto us, and I am damn mad about it. I cannot return the prduct to the company I purchased it from unless it is "defective" and they won't consider a bug in the software a defect...sounds like they took lessons from Microsoft! We are all beta-testers!

Anyway, there it is....
    Tom McElvy
    Va Beach VA USA

Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Treo 750 WM6 --> Treo 750 WM5 -> WM6 -> Treo Pro