1.    #1  
    I tried to update the firmware to 1.22, but it failed in the middle of the process. I did a hard reset on the phone and now I can't get any computer to recognize the phone with the USB cable. The message I get is:
    USB Device not recognized.
    One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message.
    which brings up a dialog showing the USB connections, which says to try and reconnect it, or replace the device.
    I can sync over bluetooth. It seems like some file has gotten corrupted on the phone and a hard reset doesn't fix it. Is there any way to fix this? Can I update the firmware without using the USB cable? Thanks.
    Update the firmware? You mean flash the ROM?

Use the SD Card method.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. Yes, I was trying to install the update:
    Treo™ 700w/wx Updater 1.22
    for Verizon Wireless smartphones
    Where can I find a description of the SD card method?
  4.    #4  
    Ok, I think I understand mostly what to do. Should I use Landon.Epps verizoned ROM? or do your full versions work with a verizon phone?
  5.    #5  
    If I watch the device manager, the phone comes up as an unknown usb device when I plug it in, the disappears after a few seconds. I tried to force the installation of the right driver, but windows says, the inf file doesn't contain any information about this device.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    Ok, I think I understand mostly what to do. Should I use Landon.Epps verizoned ROM? or do your full versions work with a verizon phone?
    I used Epps until I upgraded to WM6 about 2 weeks ago. Very good WM5 ROM
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

You can use any of my custom ROM's, just the Sprint versions will show the Sprint logo when turning the phone on or off. That's the only difference.

There are ways of switching to the Verizon logo that are quite easy (you'll need to search the thread for that).
  8.    #8  
    Here is another clue. If I look at the properties of the "unknown device" when I plug the phone into the USB cable, and open the "Details" tab. The "Device Instance Id" reads: USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\5&EE358DF&0&2
    It looks like I lost the registry setting with the ID. Is there a regedit program for these phones? and can I edit this value? and can someone tell me what the correct ID should be?
  9.    #9  
    Even though I'm out of warranty, Palm is sending me a new phone at no charge.
    Even though I'm out of warranty, Palm is sending me a new phone at no charge.
    Hey I have a treo 700w which I recently performed the verizon update on as well, and now the sound does not work on my phone at all. Therefore, I cannot send or receive calls because no one can hear me, and I cannot hear them. This happened immediaetly after I performed the update to the firmware. My phone is now basically useless. It sounded like the same thing happened to you, and you still got a new phone even though your phone was not under warranty. Can you tell me how you did that? Such as where you got the number to call and what you said to them to get a new phone even thuogh your old phone was not under warranty? My phone is not under warranty, so I feel like calling them and getting the same thing since it is their upgrade that screwed my phone.

I'd appreciate it!
    Try:

1) Soft reset
    2) Hard reset
    3) Reflash
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewl456 View Post
    Hey I have a treo 700w which I recently performed the verizon update on as well, and now the sound does not work on my phone at all. Therefore, I cannot send or receive calls because no one can hear me, and I cannot hear them. This happened immediaetly after I performed the update to the firmware. My phone is now basically useless. It sounded like the same thing happened to you, and you still got a new phone even though your phone was not under warranty. Can you tell me how you did that? Such as where you got the number to call and what you said to them to get a new phone even thuogh your old phone was not under warranty? My phone is not under warranty, so I feel like calling them and getting the same thing since it is their upgrade that screwed my phone.

I'd appreciate it!
    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...thread.id=4309 page 3 Yours sounds fixable though. They made me try a lot of things before deciding to give me a new phone. If you can still connect with your USB cable, I'd try what ebag suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Try:

1) Soft reset
    2) Hard reset
    3) Reflash
    How do I reflash? I've done numerous soft resets, numerous hard resets, and after each hard reset I plug it into my computer and open up the verizon 1.22 updater, and it just says my phone is already up to date even after doing a hard reset.

So how would I reflash?

Or do you know where I could get a previous version of firmware? because that seems to be what's screwing my phone up.
    page 3 Yours sounds fixable though. They made me try a lot of things before deciding to give me a new phone. If you can still connect with your USB cable, I'd try what ebag suggested.
    Could you give me the number to call? It's edited out of that post...
    How do I reflash? I've done numerous soft resets, numerous hard resets, and after each hard reset I plug it into my computer and open up the verizon 1.22 updater, and it just says my phone is already up to date even after doing a hard reset.

So how would I reflash?

Or do you know where I could get a previous version of firmware? because that seems to be what's screwing my phone up.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=164457

First three posts.

Try a custom ROM while you're at it.
  16.    #16  
    Could you give me the number to call? It's edited out of that post...
    Wow, it was there yesterday. I'm sorry, but I didn't save it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

First three posts.

Try a custom ROM while you're at it.
    My phone is a verizon phone though, and that thread is telling me to download the Sprint SD updater. Do you know if there is a Verizon SD updater anywhere? Or will that Sprint SD updater work for a Verizon phone...?
  18.    #18  
    There are a few Verizon users using the custom roms. The reason I didn't is bluetooth syncing doesn't work with them yet, and that's the only way I can currently sync.
    There are a few Verizon users using the custom roms. The reason I didn't is bluetooth syncing doesn't work with them yet, and that's the only way I can currently sync.
    Ebag, The_Dude:

It looks like from reading the instructions that this Sprint SD updater thing will work with my verizon phone only if I replace NapaBoth.nb0 with a custom rom and also if I delete firmware.bin file. Or perhaps I could use the rom that comes with the Sprint SD updater and I wouldn't have to replace the NapaBoth.nb0 with a custom rom, but I would still have to delete firmware.bin. Yes? No?
  20.    #20  
    Phone showed up yesterday as promised. Kudos to Palm for stepping up to the plate.