Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    just got my treo pro...ordered from buy.com....turn it on and i have a big dead pixel in the middle of the screen....sucks i have to send it back..i wish they would send a replacement first than i could send it back...anyone else have and dead pixels..
    They won't send you the new one first?
    Ok, here's what you do; buy one from Palm and tell buy you just want your money back.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    thought of that...i opened a buy.com charge card and got 30 bucks off...i guess i can call palm and see what they can do..
    Yea I got one dead pixel too. Mine is kind of down in the lower left corner so I don't mind as much.
    I've learned something from using the high res screen of the iphone... expect a dead pixel sometimes. Its a lot more common espcially with lcd tv's Does anyone know palms policy on dead pixels? Apple has been good about it.

***this thread made me think and with a little push from Dieter I called Palm. They could not have been nicer. A new phone is shipping out to me on Monday along with a return label for my current one. Good customer service...
    Last edited by Bad Ash; 10/11/2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: update
    Yup, me too....one frozen pixel, blue, upper left. Can barely see it. Was tweaked about it at first, but then I kind of forgot about it. After all, it's SOOOOOO SMALL!!
    How obvious are dead pixels?
    I mean, how can I be sure I don't have any?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    How obvious are dead pixels?
    I mean, how can I be sure I don't have any?
    For me they stand out. I was going to leave mine but then I read this thread and wondered how Palm would handle it. You pay $500 for a device it should be perfect so I understand if people are upset if they get a new phone and it has dead pixels.
    So if I had one, I'd know it?
    So if I had one, I'd know it?
    Oh sure you would. There are stuck pixels and there are dead pixels. Dead pixels are white. So if you had a solid black background you would see a white dot on your screen. Those can not be fixed what so ever. Stuck pixels can be any color. Sometimes you can fix those by applying a little pressure to that area of the screen. You may have to look hard but sometimes they are there. Hope this helps.
    Never had one that I know of,
    Now I know what to look for.
    Thanks
    Never had one that I know of,
    Now I know what to look for.
    Thanks
    Consider yourself lucky. They can be very annoying.
    Got my new phone from Palm. All is well, screen is perfect. They whole device seems better, most importantly the keyboard feels must better than the first one I had.

Thumbs up to Palm.
    I have a dead pixel just above the "a" in "Start" on the upper bar. Not a big deal, I actually forgot it was there. Not enough to get me to return it.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    I just called Palm to replace mine. I decided if I'm paying $500 they can fix it. Also seems to be more common than other phones and Palm needs to learn not to skimp on parts.
    Palm wasn't so nice to me. They repeatedly told me that currently they have no advanced replacement option for the treo pro. They also said that since 30 days have not yet passed since I purchased the unit, I have to go through the store I dealt with and not them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVE4SPD View Post
    I just called Palm to replace mine. I decided if I'm paying $500 they can fix it. Also seems to be more common than other phones and Palm needs to learn not to skimp on parts.
    It's more common high on high resolution screens. iPhone, HTC Diamond, etc... Like I said the new one I got today is fine. No screen issues.