1.    #1  
    I just returned a Jawbone II today after attempting to get it to play nicely with my 700wx. I was sad too, because I'll be damned if it wasn't the prettiest thing I've hung on my ear. Oddly enough, the problem has been static and poor call quality (awful, awful quality actually). I know that the original Jawbone supposedly works well, and so I was surprised that its upgraded counterpart worked so poorly. I'm now resuming my search for a LOUD bluetooth headset (I'm going deaf and I drive a noisy Jeep Wrangler).

Does anybody know of a 700wx compatible bluetooth headset that isn't bulky and is loud? Should I be opting for the original Jawbone?
    Quote Originally Posted by eisdell View Post
    I just returned a Jawbone II today after attempting to get it to play nicely with my 700wx. I was sad too, because I'll be damned if it wasn't the prettiest thing I've hung on my ear. Oddly enough, the problem has been static and poor call quality (awful, awful quality actually). I know that the original Jawbone supposedly works well, and so I was surprised that its upgraded counterpart worked so poorly. I'm now resuming my search for a LOUD bluetooth headset (I'm going deaf and I drive a noisy Jeep Wrangler).

Does anybody know of a 700wx compatible bluetooth headset that isn't bulky and is loud? Should I be opting for the original Jawbone?

the plantronics discovery 925 works well with my sprint branded 700wx
    I was going to recommend the 925 as well.
    It is quite possible you were not using the Jawbone right...

If it does not contact your jaw it will do just as you say...

It will see your voice as noise.

I have talked to people who have used the Jawbone 2 and they love it. Guessing it is either a bad jawbone or operator error...

Read the review on this system and they tell you all about it..

Rodney
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the feedback--I bought the 925 yesterday (arrived today), and I have to say this is the best headset I've tried so far. No static on my end, and even better, nobody can tell I'm using it. Fantastic!

As far as operating the Jawbone II goes... I was using it correctly I'm sure (I had wondered the same thing), and the technology truly is amazing. But it wasn't just my voice that sounded awful, it was the voices of those I was speaking with as well. The problem, I'm sure, is with a lack of connectivity succinctness. I've heard that Jawbone II sounds wonderful on other phones, but it seems like the 700wx just can't communicate well with the thing. But as you say, maybe I had a bad model.

Thanks again for all the input!