1.    #1  
    Just took delivery of my TP.
    I'm moving over from the Palm os on my 700p and have no idea about the SIM card as the 700p did not have one. Heck, I don't even know what one is
    Do I need one and if so, any recommendations on brand/price/retailer etc.

Sorry for the total newbie question.
  2.    #2  
    Oh Yeah, I'm curently with Sprint, is that a problem??
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-Heven View Post
    Oh Yeah, I'm curently with Sprint, is that a problem??
    Yea it is...the Pro is a GSM phone so you need AT&T or T-Mobile.

Or you could get an 800w which should work on Sprint I think.
    Well, you can call 911 without a sim

Certainly an amusing OP for me, I could use a laugh atm.
    Thanks
    Treo Pro Playtime
    Pro Go Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-Heven View Post
    Just took delivery of my TP.
    I'm moving over from the Palm os on my 700p and have no idea about the SIM card as the 700p did not have one. Heck, I don't even know what one is
    Do I need one and if so, any recommendations on brand/price/retailer etc.

Sorry for the total newbie question.
    Bad news if you're expecting to move your Sprint number over to that phone. You need to switch carriers. This means higher prices(AT&T), or lower prices but no 3G due to incompatability(T-Mobile).

Sprint is CDMA. The Pro is GSM. If you really want keep your Sprint plan prices, return the Pro and hope a CDMA version gets released.

You could do the AT&T pre-paid as suggested but it's really better to get a plan with a phone like that if you expect to use it a lot, due to data usage. AT&T decided to screw pre-paid people over and discontinued the $20 unlimited data claiming people were using it to tether their laptops. Why didn't they just cut the people they caught tethering??

http://gizmodo.com/5059420/att-adds-...aid-data-plans

http://www.phonenews.com/att-to-disc...ber-12th-4841/
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Boy, that really stinks about the termination of unlimited data on Pay as You Go.
    I guess that squashes my Pro Go Phone suggestion.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the input. I was down at the AT&T store 5 minutes after the first post letting me know what an ***** I was. Glad I could brighten some of your days

On another note, moving to Windows after having been a Palm os system user for 9+ years is starting out rough. Many more steps to do the same thing and many of them are not as intuitive. I'm sure with some utilities I can get around this system more efficiently. Any recommendations?

An essential program for me that I'm already running and have used on Palm os's include Pocket Quicken and the windows version is nowhere near as user friendly as the palm os. Same goes for Scrabble. I'm already missing the Palm os but I'm sure I'll adjust.
    AeButtons is going to give you more options (shortcuts).

Here's a thread:

http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=170726

Here's one that hasn't got a lot of attention:
    http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=172544

The Pro is really new, so a better place to read up on 'Must Have Apps' is in the 800 forum.
    Something new that Pro & 800 users are having to consider when choosing software is compatibility with the 320x320 screen.

Previous WM Treo's were 240x240.
    Just call me Berd.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Something new that Pro & 800 users are having to consider when choosing software is compatibility with the 320x320 screen.

Previous WM Treo's were 240x240.
    Thanks for the tips. The res would explain why Scrabble so difficult to read.